RTimo

administrative processing

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 10/13/2020 at 10:55 AM, RTimo said:

How long is the administrative processing at Stockholm embassy after submitting all documents?

Nobody answered so far so I'll just jump in with some basics 😉

AP depends a lot on your case and what was missing. Did they kept the passport? That's at least an indicator that the IO thinks it will resolve quick. Give it a month and then maybe email them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Nobody answered so far so I'll just jump in with some basics 😉

AP depends a lot on your case and what was missing. Did they kept the passport? That's at least an indicator that the IO thinks it will resolve quick. Give it a month and then maybe email them.

thank you for responding. they wanted a joint sponsor and I submitted and they approved it right away. then they said because he's from Syria he has to go through AP. I just noticed that they updated the case but still saying refused. they have his passport and the counselor told him he's approved but need to go through AP and gave him a paper 212f.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RTimo said:

thank you for responding. they wanted a joint sponsor and I submitted and they approved it right away. then they said because he's from Syria he has to go through AP. I just noticed that they updated the case but still saying refused. they have his passport and the counselor told him he's approved but need to go through AP and gave him a paper 212f.

Oh. Unfortunately a male from a MENA country will probably be in AP for quite a while. In that case forget about my idea of emailing the embassy after a month because you're looking at many months. This has nothing to do with the need for a joint sponsor but with a hardship for the embassy to get background checks done in his birth country in a timely manner.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Oh. Unfortunately a male from a MENA country will probably be in AP for quite a while. In that case forget about my idea of emailing the embassy after a month because you're looking at many months. This has nothing to do with the need for a joint sponsor but with a hardship for the embassy to get background checks done in his birth country in a timely manner.

oh my God. months?! I just checked his status and they updated to the same thing which is refused. I wonder if they refused him

Timeline
12 minutes ago, RTimo said:

oh my God. months?! I just checked his status and they updated to the same thing which is refused. I wonder if they refused him

Months up to years to be honest. Hope for the best but expect the worst.

No need to worry about the refused status, that's just the wording. Basically the IO needs to make a decision at the interview day. This can be either approved or refused. Since the IO can't approve without the finished background checks it's refused till it's resolved but that doesn't mean denied ( it would say denied if that would be the case not refused ). It will update everytime somebody touches the case even if the status doesn't change.

Maybe you can find a topic with people from other MENA countries, that will probably help you more then the Scandinavian subforum.

I'm so sorry for blowing your Saturday 🙈🙈

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Please don't be hopeless. But do not wait and watch their Administrative Processing. It will take very long time as I am waiting almost a year from a Muslim country and 13 time update including today on my case still in refuse status 2 time medical and police clearance submitted after my interview. On July they were asking for my passport and police clearance, medical which I submitted and still they are updating on my case. After a year you may be push forward your case by submitting mandamus which my lawyer is getting ready for that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

In the Islamabad thread they were reporting same day visa issuance, so who knows.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.