Crtcl Rice Theory

Uno Rules Clarified“You cannot play a +2 on a +2.” —

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

UNO Reignites Stacking Controversy, Confirming You Also Cannot Stack +2 on +2

Except when you’re playing street rules.
By Nicolaus Li · 2 days ago in Entertainment
FacebookTwitterPinterestemail
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F10%2Funo-confirms-2-stacking-rule-info-001.jpg?quality=95&w=1170&cbr=1&q=90&fit=max

Following last year’s stacking pandemonium, the chaotic minds at UNO have returned to Twitter to confirm that you cannot stack a +2 card on at +2 card. Taking to Twitter to make the announcement, as some players believed last year’s controversy only dealt with +2 card stacking on a +4 card. According to the official rulebook, the use of +4 or +2 card simply means the next player must draw and lose a turn.

To no one’s surprise, a tweetstorm came followed leading to whoever is running the official UNO Twitter account to delete the post. Users on the social media platform were quick to once again voice how “house rules” are greater than what is written in the official rulebook. After deleting the initial post, the UNO Twitter account reposted the announcement with an additional note that the message came from management.

Check out the announcement and some of the responses from players on Twitter below.

I think the last time I played Uno was in the 20th century! Pretty sure it ended up with my sister throwing an empty can of 7-Up at my head. :lol: 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I think the last time I played Uno was in the 20th century! Pretty sure it ended up with my sister throwing an empty can of 7-Up at my head. :lol: 

Did you play +2 on a +2? Maybe It was warranted.

11 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

Did you play +2 on a +2? Maybe It was warranted.

I was probably being insufferably smug about winning. Again. :D 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Every time I have tried this game, it seemed like people were just making up the rules as they went along anyway.

They evidently were playing by "street rules"