Sarge2155

October 2020 - AOS Filers

257 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi there october filers! Just got my I-765 and I-131 approved 5 minutes ago!! wohoooo it's about time, I hope this means my case got put on top of the pile! 

Under H1B valid until September 2022.

Marriage based AOS Timeline:

1. 9/30/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using USPS
  2. 10/2/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 10/26/2020 - Application rejected for outdated I-485 form
  4. 10/27/2020 - Application re-sent to USCIS lockbox using Fedex
  5. 11/19/2020 - Checks cashed (+ got my receipt numbers through online chat the following day)
  6. 11/29/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers.
  7. 12/03/2020 - Received 4 NOAs in the mail.
  8. 05/17/2021 - Biometrics appointment
  9. 05/20/2021 - "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview"
  10. 07/26/2021 - Case approved for my I-765 and I-131
  11. 09/01/2021 - Interview in San Antonio + "New Card Is Being Produced" status right away
  12. 09/02/2021 - "Case Is Approved" 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chifolito said:

Hello there, did you get the EAD already? I just got my biometrics done yesterday and trying to get a real estimate of actual waiting times.

I personally just got the “card sent” notification this morning and my biometrics were in may. 

5. 11/19/2020 - Checks cashed (+ got my receipt numbers through online chat the following day)
  11. 09/01/2021 - Interview in San Antonio + "New Card Is Being Produced" status right away

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I haven't been active on here but just thought I'd give an update. 

San Diego /  NBC

Timeline: 

October 20 - package sent via Fedex

October 23 - package received

November 9 - Check cashed

November 12 - text message received for I-485, I-131 & I-765

November 17 - receipt for I-485, I-131 & I-765 by mail

Jan 6 - biometrics done

March 11 - Case is ready for be scheduled an interview

July 19 - received my combo card

It took about a week to receive the EAD after getting the notification that it was approved. First I received a notice in the mail, and a couple days later, the card.

Late May I had reached out to a congressman, who reached USCIS, they said I should receive my interview notice within 30-60 days. It's been about 60 days and nothing yet. Happy I finally got my EAD though.! 

Edited by CMT

Quick question for those who have received the combo card already. My case is ready to be scheduled for an interview, and I understand that when I see "interview scheduled" is when I should be expecting the letter with the date but... what about the combo card with the EAD and SSN, does the case status change to approved before receiving it, or it doesn't change at all? 

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Chifolito

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Chifolito said:

Quick question for those who have received the combo card already. My case is ready to be scheduled for an interview, and I understand that when I see "interview scheduled" is when I should be expecting the letter with the date but... what about the combo card with the EAD and SSN, does the case status change to approved before receiving it, or it doesn't change at all? 

Thanks in advance! 

I don't think so... Many people have gotten their interviews schedule but never got EAD

The green card is processed by your field office, and EAD is processed by the service center. If you happen to get the GC before EAD then you wouldn't need EAD at all

Just now, CMT said:

I don't think so... Many people have gotten their interviews schedule but never got EAD

The green card is processed by your field office, and EAD is processed by the service center. If you happen to get the GC before EAD then you wouldn't need EAD at all

Thanks CMT!

Yes of course, it would be useless but, my interview being ready to be scheduled doesn't mean I'll get it right away, it could be 1 month, it could be 20, but on the other hand, if I don't receive the EAD by August 20, I will be eligible to submit an official enquiry on the i765 because I will be over their processing times for my office (NBC), so I wanted to know if somebody had a change on their "765" status before receiving the combo card. Right now it only says fingerprints were taken.

Thanks again!!

Timeline
9 hours ago, Chifolito said:

Thanks CMT!

Yes of course, it would be useless but, my interview being ready to be scheduled doesn't mean I'll get it right away, it could be 1 month, it could be 20, but on the other hand, if I don't receive the EAD by August 20, I will be eligible to submit an official enquiry on the i765 because I will be over their processing times for my office (NBC), so I wanted to know if somebody had a change on their "765" status before receiving the combo card. Right now it only says fingerprints were taken.

Thanks again!!

I'm sorry, I think that I misread your question! The 765 status does change. I think the orders were: "new card is being produced" to "case was approved" to "card was picked up by the post office" to "card was delivered to me by the post office".  The I-131 just changed to case was approved. 

Also, my interview just got scheduled today!!

Edited by CMT

Just now, CMT said:

I'm sorry, I think that I misread your question! The 765 status does change. I think the orders were: "new card is being produced" to "case was approved" to "card was picked up by the post office" to "card was delivered to me by the post office".  The I-131 just changed to case was approved. 

Also, my interview just got scheduled today!!

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it. Hopefully I get it soon. My wife is expecting and it would be great to start working soon. 

Good luck everyone! 

Timeline

Hi October friends! 

Update on my case, after I received my combo card, I requested on the USCIS chat for my i-485 to be expedited for humanitarian reason, explaining that a member of my family is in the hospital (it's ok, no one is dead, just a surgery), and it got approved the next day,.

My interview is scheduled for September 1st! Wohoo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello!

We just got our biometrics done last Friday after waiting a looooong time. Is anyone else on same boat?

I think our field office is just really backed up or something.

Hopefully the rest will go faster! 🤞

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi friends,

Thought I would update you on my cas.

We went for our interview on September 1st in San Antonio, our officer was definitely a tough cookie, no scary questions, just the usual, but she definitely scared us a bit, asked for my additional documents to prove our marriage, questions on birthdates and parents name + where were we born, pretty much it.

10 minutes later, my lawfully app updated me that "New card is being produced" for my I-485, still showing "Itw was completed and my case must be reviewed" for I-130. Next day, everything turned to "Case was approved".

My dates in my signature :)

Relieved that this long journey is close to being over!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello again!

We just got our EAD approved but no change in ready to be scheduled part.

But I heard EAD expiration date for recent ones are 2 years so hopefully that's the case!

Have a great weekend guys!

• 1 year later...

quick update from my friend's case :

10/1/2020 filed conccurently i-130, i-485, i-131, i-765

3/10/2021 RFE for birth certificate translation need to go to notary to be re-notarized

7/1/2021 Combo card produced

dead silence

12/2/2022 ( 2 years 2 months later) greencard approved and received 12/8/22

no interview, got 10 years GC

Edited by Misscloud

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.