Jessica lam

K1 - the third time

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, is it ok to apply for the k1 visa the third time? I just applied for the second one last year and got the visa. I was in UsA and my ex fiance changed his mind due to his commitment issue. I went back to my home country after that. During that difficult time, i met another guy and he was with me when i was heartbroken. We have a plan to get married in my home country but because of the covid, we are not sure he will visit me soon. So i just want to say whether i am applicable to K1 again?

It may be. But that is based on the entire story. You will have two men applying to bring you here to marry in a matter of a year. That can be a huge red flag. And it also depends on how long ago was the first K1.

It may be seen as you are "green card" shopping. I'm not saying your relationships were not real, but I am giving you an example of how an officer may look at your history and case.

Best to move forward with a TON of evidence.

Edited by Unlockable

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

2 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

It may be. But that is based on the entire story. You will have to men applying to bring you here to marry in a matter of a year. That can be a huge red flag. And it also depends on how long ago was the first K1.

It may be seen as you are "green card" shopping. I'm not saying your relationships were not real, but I am giving you an example of how an officer may look at your history and case.

Best to move forward with a TON of evidence.

Thanks for your advice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

You are free to apply but expect it to be scrutinized. It's not common to have 3 finances never mind them all being foreign. it would most likely be in your best interest to have more face to face time before you send the application- not just to satisfy USCIS but also to strengthen your relationship. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

May well depend on COnsulate, I have seen more but they all have been petitioners.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 10/2/2020 at 5:23 AM, Jessica lam said:

Hi everyone, is it ok to apply for the k1 visa the third time? I just applied for the second one last year and got the visa. I was in UsA and my ex fiance changed his mind due to his commitment issue. I went back to my home country after that. During that difficult time, i met another guy and he was with me when i was heartbroken. We have a plan to get married in my home country but because of the covid, we are not sure he will visit me soon. So i just want to say whether i am applicable to K1 again?

Don't be surprised if it is looked at like you're desperate to get to the US at all costs.

41 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Don't be surprised if it is looked at like you're desperate to get to the US at all costs.

I am not surprised. I get through the process twice ( but with the same person), I understand how they process the case. I have no rush to apply another K1 which is not a good idea for me. But my bf wants to get me back asap. I just ask whether it’s possible to apply k1 the third time. I still prefer the cr1 after everything happened to me.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.