Greenbaum

OCTOBER 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

196 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, georgi666 said:

Hey guys. So, I did play around with the DHL "hack" and basically, I went through all the dates from Aug. 1st till today , and I see a lot of other shipments sent out on dates different than the dates listed in the PDF @Greenbaum has so kindly put together!

Also, the USCIS site says they approved our petition on oct 28th, however the physical NOA2 copy lists 10/26 as the date of the notice. Which one is correct?  NOA2 copy is correct.

Also, I did locate a package sent out to Bulgaria on Nov 10th, going to call NVC tomorrow, hopefully its ours! I doubt they'd have sent it out so quickly but who knows ...

Why do you need to call NVC? There is a little know item, you may have missed in the PDF, that instructions to use your case number at ceac.state.gov to find the status of your case file. I list the conditions and what they mean. Leave the phone calls for those with more pressing issues. Just my suggestion.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Why do you need to call NVC? There is a little know item, you may have missed in the PDF, that instructions to use your case number at ceac.state.gov to find the status of your case file. I list the conditions and what they mean. Leave the phone calls for those with more pressing issues. Just my suggestion.

Yeah my bad - I don't know if we have a case number yet! I was just checking shipping references. Your amazingly helpful! pdf says to wait around 5 weeks before you call them to get your case number , but seeing theres a shipment to Bulgaria(which is a tiny country , and from Aug 1st till today there were only 2-3 shipments to the embassy in Bulgaria, gave me hope that NVC might have magically processed our case quicker than expected(considering our NOA2 is Oct 26, so yeah 5 weeks haven't passed). So I was gonna call them to see if they have a case number available already.

Edited by georgi666

1 minute ago, georgi666 said:

Yeah my bad - I don't know if we have a case number yet! I was just checking shipping references. Your amazingly helpful! pdf says to wait around 5 weeks before you call them to get your case number , but seeing theres a shipment to Bulgaria(which is a tiny country , and from Aug 1st till today there were only 2-3 shipments to the embassy in Bulgaria, gave me hope that NVC might have magically processed our case quicker than expected. So I was gonna call them to see if they have a case number available already.

Knowing that you do not have your case number that would be a good reason to call. Follow the directions to view your status on ceac.state.gov. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

This is a question that is directed to the group, but anyone can answer.

I have notice that many VJ people put a space in between the word and the punctuation mark. Is this a European thing? I am simply curious .  <------- example of what I am asking about.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
15 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

What is my USCIS Online Account Number?  is it the WAC #?  Where is the USCIS Online Account Account being asked?

I think I was  asked this  in the beginning of the DS-160

It is hard to remain calm if our case could sit at NVC for 200 days then add 2 months for interview.   267 days so far and adding another 260 .. I may die.

Thailand keep claiming to be locally transmitted covid  free so  I am hoping the consulate is firing on 7-8 cylinders. 

So NVC waits for the consulate to ask for some more cases? What they dont want them stacking up at the consulates? 

IF NVC does nothing with a K1 then why do the service centers even send them to NVC

Timeline

on my phone the space bar is right next to the ? so I do that often.   its lots of keystrokes to go back and fix it.   I will fix it if a . is before the intended ?   US younguns don't care about grammar so much on the web.  Its all about info bit transfer rates.  I call it webspeak;

2 hours ago, elkski said:

on my phone the space bar is right next to the ? so I do that often.   its lots of keystrokes to go back and fix it.   I will fix it if a . is before the intended ?   US younguns don't care about grammar so much on the web.  Its all about info bit transfer rates.  I call it webspeak;

;) I understand. I see some who abbreviate words such as you to "u". Drives me nuts. I am from the old school. If you're interested, I discuss a spelling checker and a grammar checker to use and you can find the information in the PDF. Both are free. I use them all the time. I have learned from them some of the mistakes I make, and I am able to correct. BTW, I wasn't singling you out as I have seen so many in other threads to the same and the only conclusion, I could come to is that it was a European thing as most who I see doing it are from that area of the world. Thanks for the feedback.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

i just called nvc got my case number today noa2 is oct 20 so after 23 days but they assign my case to the manila embassy but when i filled up the i29f i wrote doha embassy i even double check the copy that i have so they forward case for a supervisor review so it would probably cause few days of delay 😔

Edited by mongen27

6 hours ago, mongen27 said:

I just called NVC got my case number today noa2 is oct 20 so after 23 days but they assign my case to the manila embassy but when I filled up the i29f I wrote Doha embassy i even double check the copy that I have so they forward case for a supervisor review so it would probably cause few days of delay 😔

That situation happened because I suspect that you had listed your address in the I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) in the Philippines and not Quatar. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
19 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

;) I understand. I see some who abbreviate words such as you to "u". Drives me nuts. I am from the old school. If you're interested, I discuss a spelling checker and a grammar checker to use and you can find the information in the PDF. Both are free. I use them all the time. I have learned from them some of the mistakes I make, and I am able to correct. BTW, I wasn't singling you out as I have seen so many in other threads to the same and the only conclusion, I could come to is that it was a European thing as most who I see doing it are from that area of the world. Thanks for the feedback.

i am guilty of shortcuts..  some of us used chatrooms that were live. Ex stock trading platform chat rooms  where time was critical and lots  of short abbreviations were used. Also lots of chatting to Asian women in dating apps ( although I met my fiancé in a  traditional natural way) where sometimes it seemed to leave out all the adjectives or prepositions worked best.  I go work now. 

Plus many of us followed Trump on twitter and our English skills regressed... lol

Edited by elkski

Timeline

May I rant on the DS-160 form? They sure don't make it easy for non English speakers.  Fiancé's work place is a 3 name company. but DS-160 rejected this and said 2 spaces in company name not allowed.  so dealing with terrible wifi connection where I could only hear 30% of her words,  I told her to just use the first word. But , she must have left an invisible space after the first word because it still warned about a space in the name when she hit save.  I have ran into this before with crappy websites so I suspected there was  an invisible space... but how to explain this ?  It was a test of our communication and I failed and got frustrated.  Maybe I need to cut back on coffee. 

3 hours ago, elkski said:

May I rant on the DS-160 form? They sure don't make it easy for non English speakers.  Fiancé's work place is a 3 name company. but DS-160 rejected this and said 2 spaces in company name not allowed.  so dealing with terrible wifi connection where I could only hear 30% of her words,  I told her to just use the first word. But , she must have left an invisible space after the first word because it still warned about a space in the name when she hit save.  I have ran into this before with crappy websites so I suspected there was  an invisible space... but how to explain this ?  It was a test of our communication and I failed and got frustrated.  Maybe I need to cut back on coffee. 

Many of the forms sometimes are difficult to complete. That form has gone through so many changes it's difficult to stay ahead. When we went through, they were asking for three different forms with maybe 30-40% of the questions were repeated in the other two forms. The week before our interview they came out with the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application which at the time was one-page document. You didn't complete it online.

I believe the new form has an area at the end to add additional information. Also, anything can be added or updated at the interview. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
21 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

That situation happened because I suspect that you had listed your address in the I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) in the Philippines and not Quatar. Good luck and stay engaged. 

on the i129f form the beneficiary mailing address is the qatar address. the beneficiary address history 1 is the address in the philippines and the address 2 is the qatar which is the present one. im guessing should be the other way around but still i had doha qatar embassy written in i129f forms. i called and they told me to go send nvc inquiry online. not my fault tho, hope they change it quickly.

1 hour ago, mongen27 said:

On the I-129f form the beneficiary mailing address is the Qatar address. the beneficiary address history 1. is the address in the Philippines and the address 2. is the Qatar which is the present one. I'm guessing should be the other way around but still I had Doha Qatar embassy written in i129f forms. I called and they told me to go send NVC inquiry online. not my fault though, hope they change it quickly.

They use the current residence to determine where the case file will be sent for adjudication and not knowing at the time you completed the I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) you indicated she lived in Qatar hence the reasoning for it to be sent there instead of the Philippines. Anyhow, it seems you have it sorted out and it's better to have done it at NVC and not from an embassy as we have seen days of 30-90 days or more in the transfer from one embassy to another. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.