Chelleyandaaron

i-751 October 2020 filers

1,291 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

i know my packet will be returned because I sent a wrong fee. It was delivered on Oct 6,2020. Until today i have not received it back. It has been 2 weeks and 3 days.

my question is, should I send a new one? Or should i wait? Is better sending it through fedex or usps? I am going crazy just waiting for the packet to get returned 🥺 my GC will expire on Jan 2,2021. 

thanks for the response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
10 minutes ago, zhelle said:

my question is, should I send a new one? Or should i wait?

I would wait until it officially gets returned to you. My first attempt in late September was returned because I used an outdated version of the i-751 form. The returned package included a colored sheet of paper that specially said to include on the top of my package next time.

5 minutes ago, mcfarljw said:

I would wait until it officially gets returned to you. My first attempt in late September was returned because I used an outdated version of the i-751 form. The returned package included a colored sheet of paper that specially said to include on the top of my package next time.

When did you received the package back? Did it take it this long? I am going crazy! 

was it returned in a regular mail or a package?  Thank you for you response

Timeline
8 minutes ago, zhelle said:

When did you received the package back? Did it take it this long? I am going crazy! 

was it returned in a regular mail or a package?

It got returned in just under 2 weeks after having been delivered to them but in September things seem to have been processing much faster than they are now. Today marks 2 weeks since they received my second package and the check still hasn't been cashed. I believe my first was returned in a USPS priority envelope as it was returned to my mailbox that was very clearly marked and hard to miss.

10 minutes ago, mcfarljw said:

It got returned in just under 2 weeks after having been delivered to them but in September things seem to have been processing much faster than they are now. Today marks 2 weeks since they received my second package and the check still hasn't been cashed. I believe my first was returned in a USPS priority envelope as it was returned to my mailbox that was very clearly marked and hard to miss.

Thank you! I will wait until end of next week. I hope to get it soon so I can send it back. It’s crazy how it’s taking a while to just send it back. When does your Gc expires? 

I appreciate you replying 🥺

Timeline
9 minutes ago, zhelle said:

When does your Gc expires?

It expires on 11/5 so we'd really like them to either cash the check or send it back so we have enough time to take additional actions if needed. Looking at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RCTakDzgWAidVNgroLIjgVsgg4RpMhvHo531eS0S0M/edit#gid=0 it seems that a few people with packages that arrived at the lockbox on 10/8 already had their checks cashed just recently so hopefully I'll see something soon as ours arrived at the lockbox on 10/9.

10 minutes ago, mcfarljw said:

It expires on 11/5 so we'd really like them to either cash the check or send it back so we have enough time to take additional actions if needed. Looking at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RCTakDzgWAidVNgroLIjgVsgg4RpMhvHo531eS0S0M/edit#gid=0 it seems that a few people with packages that arrived at the lockbox on 10/8 already had their checks cashed just recently so hopefully I'll see something soon as ours arrived at the lockbox on 10/9.

I hope you hear from them soon too! 

my package arrived 10/06 as per fedex. Hopefully get my package back so i can resend them again 🥺

Timeline
1 hour ago, zhelle said:

I hope you hear from them soon too! 

my package arrived 10/06 as per fedex. Hopefully get my package back so i can resend them again 🥺

Thanks hope you hear from them soon as well! My wild guess is if they received yours on 10/6 and some people from 10/8 are seeing checks cashed yours is probably back in the mail to you and just hasn't arrived yet, fingers crossed.

Thank you for starting the thread! Was wondering if we have a spreadsheet tracker like the September folks do?

My status expires at early November and our package was just delivered (yes ... my bad on procrastination).

Just one thing I didn't even realize ... we did not sign the cover letter, our names were just printed. We did sign the form though (thank goodness). Are they going to return the package because of the un-signed cover letter? Really hope they won't as there are not much time left for us.

Anyway, we will see. Hope everyone got their check cashed ASAP.

09/28/2017: Package delivered to USCIS

10/04/2017: Priority Date

10/05/2017: SMS/Email Confirmation at 11:34pm CST

10/10/2017: 4 NOA's received in Mail

10/16/2017: Received biometrics appointment letter

?/?/2017: Received letter asking for I-693

10/26/2017: Biometrics appointment

11/01/2017: I-485 case status 'Ready to be scheduled for an interview'

12/28/2017: Inquiry for EAD (via attorney)

01/08/2018: EAD/AP status 'Case was approved' (102 Days)

01/12/2018: EAD/AP Card & approval notice received in mail

09/17/2018: Case status changed to 'Interview Scheduled' (354 days)

11/05/2018: Interview, not approved on-site

11/09/2018: I-485 case status 'New card is being produced' (407 days)

11/13/2018: both I-485 and I-130 case status showing 'Case was approved'

11/16/2018: I-485 case status 'Card was Mailed' with tracking number

11/17/2018: Green card delivered. I-485 case status 'Card was delivered' (415 days)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, itsdonealready said:

Was wondering if we have a spreadsheet tracker like the September folks do?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RCTakDzgWAidVNgroLIjgVsgg4RpMhvHo531eS0S0M/edit#gid=0

4 minutes ago, mcfarljw said:

Thank you! Just updated the sheet.

09/28/2017: Package delivered to USCIS

10/04/2017: Priority Date

10/05/2017: SMS/Email Confirmation at 11:34pm CST

10/10/2017: 4 NOA's received in Mail

10/16/2017: Received biometrics appointment letter

?/?/2017: Received letter asking for I-693

10/26/2017: Biometrics appointment

11/01/2017: I-485 case status 'Ready to be scheduled for an interview'

12/28/2017: Inquiry for EAD (via attorney)

01/08/2018: EAD/AP status 'Case was approved' (102 Days)

01/12/2018: EAD/AP Card & approval notice received in mail

09/17/2018: Case status changed to 'Interview Scheduled' (354 days)

11/05/2018: Interview, not approved on-site

11/09/2018: I-485 case status 'New card is being produced' (407 days)

11/13/2018: both I-485 and I-130 case status showing 'Case was approved'

11/16/2018: I-485 case status 'Card was Mailed' with tracking number

11/17/2018: Green card delivered. I-485 case status 'Card was delivered' (415 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, zhelle said:

Hi guys, 

i know my packet will be returned because I sent a wrong fee. It was delivered on Oct 6,2020. Until today i have not received it back. It has been 2 weeks and 3 days.

my question is, should I send a new one? Or should i wait? Is better sending it through fedex or usps? I am going crazy just waiting for the packet to get returned 🥺 my GC will expire on Jan 2,2021. 

thanks for the response.

7 hours ago, zhelle said:

Hi guys, 

thanks for the response.

Hi, when u say u sent the wrong fee, how much did u send? How was it wrong? U send lesa than 680$

1 hour ago, lovemeow said:

can I use my credit card as a form of payment and just include the form G-1450 Authorization for Credit Card transactions? Thank you

Yes you can

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.