Verrou

where is the interview location if filing address is in Maine

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

i've been searching here, but couldn't find answer...

if i filed i-130 and my location is maine, i know the biometric will be taken in maine

but what about the interview ? is it gonna be in maine aswell, or other state?

thank you in advanced

17 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

Hi everyone,

if i filed i-130 and my location is maine, i know the biometric will be taken in maine

thank you in advanced

Who are you filing an I-130 for? You have posted in the spousal visa section. The interview for a spousal visa takes place at the beneficiary’s local embassy, wherever they happen to be in the world. 

The filing address varies depending on the person you are filing for (the category of immigrant visa). 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

1 minute ago, JFH said:

Who are you filing an I-130 for? You have posted in the Spital visa section. The I terrier for a spousal visa takes place at the beneficiary’s local embassy, wherever they happen to be in the world. 

The filing address varies depending on the person you are filing for (the category of immigrant visa). 

apologies. my husband (USC) and i just got married. we lived in NYC, but might moved to maine. so he's gonna file for me

we havent filed i-130 yet

So you are adjusting status, not applying for a visa. I’ll move your post to the correct section so that you can get the right answers. 

*~*~*moved from “IR-1/CR-1 spouse visa progress reports” to “adjustment of status from work/study/tourist visas”*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Just now, JFH said:

So you are adjusting status, not applying for a visa. I’ll move your post to the correct section so that you can get the right answers. 

*~*~*moved from “IR-1/CR-1 spouse visa progress reports” to “adjustment of status from work/study/tourist visas”*~*~*

thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

thanks

No longer based on where you live 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, Misscloud said:

hi

my question is where is the interview location will be

i couldnt find any answer for that

Based on zip code.  Scroll to the bottom 

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Based on zip code.  Scroll to the bottom 

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

appreciated it

i found this office address before but i'm not sure that they can interview to the nearest location of my zipcode

thank you

Timeline
1 minute ago, Misscloud said:

appreciated it

i found this office address before but i'm not sure that they can interview to the nearest location of my zipcode

thank you

They schedule based on the zip code even if there is an office you feel is closer

YMMV

9 hours ago, Misscloud said:

we havent filed i-130 yet

Since you are in the US you'll also need to file other forms with the I-130. In general, send the following four packets (*note that I-765 and I-131 packets are optional) in the same envelope to the Chicago Lockbox:

• I-130 with I-130A and copy of marriage certificate, filing fees, etc.;

• I-485 with I-864 and supporting documents, I-944 and supporting documents, electronic I-94 copy, filing fees, etc.;

• I-765 with electronic I-94 copy, filing fees (if I-485 is filed on or after 10/02/20), etc.; and

• I-131 with electronic I-94 copy, filing fees (if I-485 is filed on or after 10/02/20), etc.

You'll separate each packet with rubber bands or fasteners: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/form-filing-tips

On the I-130 packet, I-130 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this packet.

On the I-485 packet, I-485 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this packet.

Below fees apply if I-485 is filed on or after 10/02/20:

On the I-765 packet, I-765 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this packet.

On the I-131 packet, I-131 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this packet.

Edited by HRQX

2 hours ago, HRQX said:

Since you are in the US you'll also need to file other forms with the I-130. In general, send the following four packets (*note that I-765 and I-131 packets are optional) in the same envelope to the Chicago Lockbox:

• I-130 with I-130A and copy of marriage certificate, filing fees, etc.;

• I-485 with I-864 and supporting documents, I-944 and supporting documents, electronic I-94 copy, filing fees, etc.;

• I-765 with electronic I-94 copy, filing fees (if I-485 is filed on or after 10/02/20), etc.; and

• I-131 with electronic I-94 copy, filing fees (if I-485 is filed on or after 10/02/20), etc.

You'll separate each packet with rubber bands or fasteners: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/form-filing-tips

On the I-130 packet, I-130 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this packet.

On the I-485 packet, I-485 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this packet.

Below fees apply if I-485 is filed on or after 10/02/20:

On the I-765 packet, I-765 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this packet.

On the I-131 packet, I-131 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this packet.

I can’t apply all in once because I have removal proceedings in front of judge so I can only do step by step. I just renewed my I-765 so I’m good to go for the next 2 years. I-131in the other hand if I remember correctly only last for 1 year and I don’t think I will travel anytime soon thanks to covid, so I don’t plan to apply for I-131 

Edited by Misscloud
Mistake on quotes

21 hours ago, Misscloud said:

Hi everyone,

thank you in advanced

I cannot give you a definite answer right now, but what I am certain of is that the location will be indicated once they send you a letter re: your interview. Best of luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.