Mylilelar1

Wife will be in Bayview Hotel 27 days

33 posts in this topic

That is a LONG time to be basically quarantined when she is negative. They take her name on a ledger each time she goes out........even to her medical exam which she passed...yeaaa.

And they highly discourage her to never leave the hotel. Her interview was scheduled for Oct. 7 and just received a notice from the embassy it is now the 14th.

And then when she goes back to her province she has to quarantine 14 days AGAIN,not in her home,but in a local quarantine facility. These spouses all over the world are going through a LOT.

At least in the Philippines.

*~*~*country-specific discussion moved to Philippines regional forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

1 hour ago, Allovertheworld said:

That suxs to reschedule it.

How much she having to pay per day? 

Some hotels in Ermita area can be fairly expensive even by US Standards.

1 hour ago, Allovertheworld said:

That suxs to reschedule it.

How much she having to pay per day? 

Some hotels in Ermita area can be fairly expensive even by US Standards.

I worked it online for 2 hours to try to get a deal. I finally settled with Agoda AGAIN for $50 per night including taxes for 10 days.it is usually $77 as we have stayed there for years. I will rebook for the next 17 days probably tomorrow. As mentioned before....they bring food to her door. Breakfast was included. The lunches are about $25 total for both of them and they usually have enough left over for dinner. They got permission to go to the 7/11 today from hotel staff and loaded up on snacks/drinks etc.Everyone outside is masked,most with shields and the only ones that are not are the beggar children. All venues of food in the hotel are CLOSED except off the menu and is delivered as I mentioned.

RapidVisa has an office just a block away on the hotel side(I think) so she will be prepping there for the interview. She is bored to death but the WI-FI is excellent. The business center at the Bayview is closed but the hotel will take scans if needed. We are very thankful for what she is able to do and that we are finally getting closer.

I am pretty familiar with the area.  I can understand being bored.

There is a Robinson Mall fairly close, is that open? 

I believe next to her hotel there is a JCO donuts, which is very good.  And there is a Papa Johns pizza super close, if they are open they will deliver to your hotel for like 50 peso, and the pizza if you get the right ingredients taste just like a pizza in the USA.  

2 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

I am pretty familiar with the area.  I can understand being bored.

There is a Robinson Mall fairly close, is that open? 

I believe next to her hotel there is a JCO donuts, which is very good.  And there is a Papa Johns pizza super close, if they are open they will deliver to your hotel for like 50 peso, and the pizza if you get the right ingredients taste just like a pizza in the USA.  

Thanx for the info! I will let her know. I know the Starbux next door has been closed for the last couple of days but was initially open when she arrived.

7 hours ago, Mylilelar1 said:

That is a LONG time to be basically quarantined when she is negative. They take her name on a ledger each time she goes out........even to her medical exam which she passed...yeaaa.

And they highly discourage her to never leave the hotel. Her interview was scheduled for Oct. 7 and just received a notice from the embassy it is now the 14th.

And then when she goes back to her province she has to quarantine 14 days AGAIN,not in her home,but in a local quarantine facility. These spouses all over the world are going through a LOT.

At least in the Philippines.

Why does she have to quarantine for so long? I thought max is 14 days (assuming negative). I am arriving Manila from US to see my spouse and was told after I get the results (assuming negative) I can quarantine at her home in metro Manila for the remaining 14 days. Also, I thought quarantine was for arriving international passengers and not those flying going to Manila domestically.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Grace29 said:

Why does she have to quarantine for so long? I thought max is 14 days (assuming negative). I am arriving Manila from US to see my spouse and was told after I get the results (assuming negative) I can quarantine at her home in metro Manila for the remaining 14 days. Also, I thought quarantine was for arriving international passengers and not those flying going to Manila domestically.

Many LGUs have instituted there own separate quarantine when traveling province to province 

YMMV

1 hour ago, Grace29 said:

I believe technically the true quarantine is when she arrives in her province from Manila. At the hotel,which has a mix of international travelers in quarantine and people such as my wife>>>>who technically is not,they try to make her feel as if she is when she goes out.

You're going through nearly the same thing we are right now. How did you guys arrange your wife's trip to Manila? My wife left the city back around the end of July and hasn't been back despite my bugging for her to complete her interview and come to the states.

Did you need any travel authority before she went there? My wife wants to fly in and we are wondering what else to have aside from the embassy and medical exam appointments.

1 hour ago, slp said:

You're going through nearly the same thing we are right now. How did you guys arrange your wife's trip to Manila? My wife left the city back around the end of July and hasn't been back despite my bugging for her to complete her interview and come to the states.

Did you need any travel authority before she went there? My wife wants to fly in and we are wondering what else to have aside from the embassy and medical exam appointments.

She needed a paper from her barangay boss and a letter from the mayor of Cabatuan. She then had to show these at the airport in Cauayan City to purchase a ticket through Cebu/Pacific.. A newer A320 and it only takes 37 minutes to get to Manila. 10.5 hours by car or 15 by bus. I always send her 2-3 days early in case the plane can't fly and she needs a  bus or private driver/car.

44 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

She needed a paper from her barangay boss and a letter from the mayor of Cabatuan. She then had to show these at the airport in Cauayan City to purchase a ticket through Cebu/Pacific.. A newer A320 and it only takes 37 minutes to get to Manila. 10.5 hours by car or 15 by bus. I always send her 2-3 days early in case the plane can't fly and she needs a  bus or private driver/car.

The flight has to be alot longer than 37 minutes.  We ran out of fuel last trip coming from Davao and circling NAIA so long we had to land at Clark and refuel.  Took almost 20 minutes from Clark to NAIA air time and that was flying low.

25 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

The flight has to be alot longer than 37 minutes.  We ran out of fuel last trip coming from Davao and circling NAIA so long we had to land at Clark and refuel.  Took almost 20 minutes from Clark to NAIA air time and that was flying low.

it is a total of about 51-52 minutes from getting on the plane to getting off the plane. It really is 37 minutes of flight time. It is only 173 air miles from Cauayan to Manila. 250 by car. And if you have ever taken that national highway,you will know why it takes 9.5 to 11 hours. It is slow,muddy at times,landslides at times,curvy,steep and just plain mean. IT IS GORGEOUS SCENERY THOUGH.

1 minute ago, Mylilelar1 said:

it is a total of about 51-52 minutes from getting on the plane to getting off the plane. It really is 37 minutes of flight time. It is only 173 air miles from Cauayan to Manila. 250 by car. And if you have ever taken that national highway,you will know why it takes 9.5 to 11 hours. It is slow,muddy at times,landslides at times,curvy,steep and just plain mean. IT IS GORGEOUS SCENERY THOUGH.

I never want to take a bus again unless my life depends on it. We went Florida Bus the first few times before we became savvy and it was terrifying. Children playing RIGHT NEXT to the road and this bus hauls ### 100 KMH right through all these little hamlets. I know we ran over several chickens. Maybe a dog. The bigger unit rules in Phil. If you are in a motorcycle taxi you risk your life from buses and other larger vehicles. I believe Florida Bus was involved in a major fatality accident around Bontoc a few years back and was heavily penalized. Something about going over a cliff.

15 hours ago, Mylilelar1 said:

I never want to take a bus again unless my life depends on it. We went Florida Bus the first few times before we became savvy and it was terrifying. Children playing RIGHT NEXT to the road and this bus hauls ### 100 KMH right through all these little hamlets. I know we ran over several chickens. Maybe a dog. The bigger unit rules in Phil. If you are in a motorcycle taxi you risk your life from buses and other larger vehicles. I believe Florida Bus was involved in a major fatality accident around Bontoc a few years back and was heavily penalized. Something about going over a cliff.

I don't trust most public transportation there.  One early morning I caught a trike to the local bus terminal to go to the local airport to fly out.  We came within about 3 feet from getting flattened like a pancake from a bus speeding thru town around 4 am in the morning.  I looked into the trike drivers eyes and realized he with either drunk as a skunk or high as a kite after the near death experience.  Lesson learnt that day for me.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.