Bob in Boston

Why does USCIS Transfer to other Service Centers

6 posts in this topic

I was just wondering, why does USCIS transfer your case from one service center to another? Is it because of workload, unique situations, different visas or country's? Any insight on this?

1 minute ago, Fr8dog said:

Mostly it's done to balance the work load between centers. It is not necessarily a bad thing

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is based on workload, except for K1 petitions (I-129F) where the petitioner has a criminal and/or domestic violence background.  Those go to Vermont.

21 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

I was just wondering, why does USCIS transfer your case from one service center to another? Is it because of workload, unique situations, different visas or country's? Any insight on this?

If your I-751 case transferred to the National Benefits Center, then that is usually for review before going to your Field office for Interview.

When my wife had a pending I-751, and we filed her N-400, the I-751 was transferred to the National Benefits Office about a week later.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

1 hour ago, Rick & Apple said:

If your I-751 case transferred to the National Benefits Center, then that is usually for review before going to your Field office for Interview.

When my wife had a pending I-751, and we filed her N-400, the I-751 was transferred to the National Benefits Office about a week later.

When you file for N-400, your file will go to the NBC office as soon as possible and regardless of where it is. N-400 gets priority over all other pending petitions. This is why filing for citizenship can speed up your ROC (pulling it from the ques), or delay it if your file is already at the field office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.