29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Has anyone that had interview right after the shut down until it re opened actually had their new interview date re-scheduled? Or anyone that has been in full stop from “Interview ready to be schedule” since  April gotten any updates? For Detroit field office asking not in general. 

Thank you 

Edited by Sara & Kevin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

😰so your case was ready to be scheduled for interview since May?? jeez mine changed to "ready to be scheduled" last month and I was hoping to have it actually scheduled soon...like in 2 months...guess it will take much longer than I thought now

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Liaaaaa said:

😰so your case was ready to be scheduled for interview since May?? jeez mine changed to "ready to be scheduled" last month and I was hoping to have it actually scheduled soon...like in 2 months...guess it will take much longer than I thought now

Yeah since may... There is few that had their interview date in march and bc of the shut down their interview was canceled and still today they haven’t gotten a new interview date.. So my hopes are slim... It’s sad Detroit office was really fast compared to others l!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sara & Kevin said:

Yeah since may... There is few that had their interview date in march and bc of the shut down their interview was canceled and still today they haven’t gotten a new interview date.. So my hopes are slim... It’s sad Detroit office was really fast compared to others l!

it was truly frustrated...I was counting on the historical data here that says it should take about 190 days from NOA1 to the interview, yea there was a shut down but probably just add another 3 months to the 190 days?? but what we are facing now is too unpredicatable 😥 

I just wish that we can hear about someone have their interviews scheduled soon, no matter when did they file the case, at least that means the office is still functioning.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Liaaaaa said:

it was truly frustrated...I was counting on the historical data here that says it should take about 190 days from NOA1 to the interview, yea there was a shut down but probably just add another 3 months to the 190 days?? but what we are facing now is too unpredicatable 😥 

I just wish that we can hear about someone have their interviews scheduled soon, no matter when did they file the case, at least that means the office is still functioning.

From what I heard they were prioritizing US Citizenship interviews over other immigration things which is weird bc they already work and can travel and stuff we are kinda stuck no where lol 

I hope they start working  on us soon bc they are usually really fast and they work well! 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sara & Kevin said:

From what I heard they were prioritizing US Citizenship interviews over other immigration things which is weird bc they already work and can travel and stuff we are kinda stuck no where lol 

I hope they start working  on us soon bc they are usually really fast and they work well! 

haha maybe they are trying to get those new citizens to vote😂 that might be the priority for them now. my husband and i was going to move to another state by next Feb, but we won't dare to go if I couldn't get the green card before that, who knows how much longer I will need to wait if we transfer the case to another place.

anyway, I do hope you receive the good news soon!! and the maple start to turn red here, at least we can enjoy the view while waiting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Still no updates from the Detroit Field Office.

My wife's interview was scheduled in February for the middle of March, 24 hours before our interview date she received a call saying it was cancelled. We still went to the field office for the interview and were turned away saying we would receive a cancellation letter in the mail, letter came a few days later.

my.uscis.gov still lists our AOS as "Interview Was Scheduled" from February. Multiple calls to the contact center over the past 6 months all result in the same answer "We do not know when interviews will be rescheduled"

We will have to file a renewal for my wife's EAD soon and she is looking to get a Advance Parole just in case, i'm hoping that we don't have to pay the filing fee again for either since we already paid the AOS filing fee's.

Timeline
22 hours ago, SiL3nT said:

Still no updates from the Detroit Field Office.

My wife's interview was scheduled in February for the middle of March, 24 hours before our interview date she received a call saying it was cancelled. We still went to the field office for the interview and were turned away saying we would receive a cancellation letter in the mail, letter came a few days later.

my.uscis.gov still lists our AOS as "Interview Was Scheduled" from February. Multiple calls to the contact center over the past 6 months all result in the same answer "We do not know when interviews will be rescheduled"

We will have to file a renewal for my wife's EAD soon and she is looking to get a Advance Parole just in case, i'm hoping that we don't have to pay the filing fee again for either since we already paid the AOS filing fee's.

I’m sorry to hear that.. It’s kinda worrying that those who had an interview already still haven’t had a new interview date scheduled it makes us who are waiting since spring worry even more.... Just annoying I also have renewe my medical exam it expired so that’s great hahah

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I've been hearing that others have been receiving their re-scheduled interviews, however nothing for my wife yet. Can't make it through the automated system to speak to an agent or even schedule a callback just keep getting shuffled through their phone help services and not into the actual IVR system.

So I filed an Outside Normal Processing request with USCIS today on her behalf since we filed November 2019, expected reply by is November 17th. At this point just hearing anything would be better than hearing nothing at all.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, SiL3nT said:

I've been hearing that others have been receiving their re-scheduled interviews, however nothing for my wife yet. Can't make it through the automated system to speak to an agent or even schedule a callback just keep getting shuffled through their phone help services and not into the actual IVR system.

So I filed an Outside Normal Processing request with USCIS today on her behalf since we filed November 2019, expected reply by is November 17th. At this point just hearing anything would be better than hearing nothing at all.

But technically it’s not outside normal time bc they were shut down until June so all our cases were completly pause (in their opinion no time has passed) 

so if they picked up where they left now people who had their interviews in march-april are getting it re-scheduled to November/December  so it seems like they are finally picking up and hopefully they move fast and we don’t have to wait another 6-8 month lol.. Detroit was always one of the fastest office to process cases so lets hope they stay the same! 

In your case I’m pretty sure you will get an answer soon they just started this week re-scheduling canceled interviews! Hope you get good news soon! and keep us updated

Edited by Sara & Kevin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello. I talked with some people and it seems like they are rescheduling interviews for applicants who filed in October-November 2019 in Detroit. You'll probably get your interview rescheduled soon. 

It's not updated but you can see there's some recent movement for Detroit:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?vtype=&op8=Detroit+MI&interview=&xfr=&op1=6&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C9%2C10%2C11&cfl=

AOS Timeline:

Data Filed: 16 November 2019

First NOA: 22 November 2019

BIO Appt: 17 December 2019

Status updated to "Interview ready to be scheduled": 6 February 2020

Status updated to "Interview was scheduled": 7 February 2020

Second NOA: 13 February 2020

Interview appt: 18 March 2020 (cancelled)

Change of address: September 2020

New Interview appt: 18 November 2020

Received EAD/AP combo card: 4 April 2020

Field Office: San Diego. Originally filed in Detroit, MI.

Timeline
2 hours ago, mark90 said:

Hello. I talked with some people and it seems like they are rescheduling interviews for applicants who filed in October-November 2019 in Detroit. You'll probably get your interview rescheduled soon. 

It's not updated but you can see there's some recent movement for Detroit:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?vtype=&op8=Detroit+MI&interview=&xfr=&op1=6&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C9%2C10%2C11&cfl=

I never had it scheduled tho my interview date as ready to be scheduled in May and i filled my case December 2019 so looks like  abit of a wait for me i guess

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sara & Kevin said:

I never had it scheduled tho my interview date as ready to be scheduled in May and i filled my case December 2019 so looks like  abit of a wait for me i guess

Yes, just be patient a little bit more. Good luck!

AOS Timeline:

Data Filed: 16 November 2019

First NOA: 22 November 2019

BIO Appt: 17 December 2019

Status updated to "Interview ready to be scheduled": 6 February 2020

Status updated to "Interview was scheduled": 7 February 2020

Second NOA: 13 February 2020

Interview appt: 18 March 2020 (cancelled)

Change of address: September 2020

New Interview appt: 18 November 2020

Received EAD/AP combo card: 4 April 2020

Field Office: San Diego. Originally filed in Detroit, MI.

Timeline
On 10/26/2020 at 4:08 PM, Sara & Kevin said:

But technically it’s not outside normal time bc they were shut down until June so all our cases were completly pause (in their opinion no time has passed) 

so if they picked up where they left now people who had their interviews in march-april are getting it re-scheduled to November/December  so it seems like they are finally picking up and hopefully they move fast and we don’t have to wait another 6-8 month lol.. Detroit was always one of the fastest office to process cases so lets hope they stay the same! 

In your case I’m pretty sure you will get an answer soon they just started this week re-scheduling canceled interviews! Hope you get good news soon! and keep us updated

Update:

After submitting the outside normal processing request on the October 27th i got a notice on the 28th that "We have taken an action on your case" however online case status showed nothing, no updates at all and checked again over multiple days with no change. Filed my wife's EAD renewal paperwork this afternoon and then checked the mail, behold a USCIS letter saying our interview has been scheduled for December 1st 2020 at the Detroit Field Office.

Now i am not going to say that the outside normal processing request was 100% the reason it was finally rescheduled, but i have a sneaking suspicious that it was because the notice date on the letter in October 27th (same day i filed the request).

Timeline
1 hour ago, SiL3nT said:

Update:

After submitting the outside normal processing request on the October 27th i got a notice on the 28th that "We have taken an action on your case" however online case status showed nothing, no updates at all and checked again over multiple days with no change. Filed my wife's EAD renewal paperwork this afternoon and then checked the mail, behold a USCIS letter saying our interview has been scheduled for December 1st 2020 at the Detroit Field Office.

Now i am not going to say that the outside normal processing request was 100% the reason it was finally rescheduled, but i have a sneaking suspicious that it was because the notice date on the letter in October 27th (same day i filed the request).

Thats amazing! I’m glad you got a new interview! Well i filled barley a month after you guys so I’m hoping for an interview date January-February! i also have to re-do my medical exam bc it passed a year by the time I filed my case so yay! not haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.