Cheburashka34

What can we do to make embassy in Moscow reopen? (merged)

50 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, David & Olga said:

They just started doing CR-1/IR-1 interviews. Someone here on VJ got an interview for October 12th, with others seeing movement and receiving emails regarding their case. I would say be a little more patient.

whens your PD date?

Hi, thank you for answering my question!  Do you think we should wait until november and if there's no news on our case then transfer it? 

Our PD date is september 17, 2019

I've emailed them many times and the only answer I get is when we return to routine visa services then we'll start scheduling spouse visa interviews. I also just learned that Russia might be closing the borders down again so we're deciding if we should just move now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Darya Pavlenko said:

Hi, thank you for answering my question!  Do you think we should wait until november and if there's no news on our case then transfer it? 

Our PD date is september 17, 2019

I've emailed them many times and the only answer I get is when we return to routine visa services then we'll start scheduling spouse visa interviews. I also just learned that Russia might be closing the borders down again so we're deciding if we should just move now.

I would rather try to expedite your case with the NVC - once a request is approved, you can ask them to send the case to the embassy. 

Transferring the case to another consular post in another country would delay your process - given what we know now. We have a similar timeline, along with 20 others that I know. We’re seeing movement with expedited cases and soon we’ll see movement with the other mission critical visa categories. 

I understand it’s frustrating, but right now the wisest thing is to continue to remain relatively at the front of the line (based on your PD) and wait until your case gets scheduled by the NVC. Transferring the case could yield unintended consequences that can further exacerbate your immigration timeline - besides, I haven’t heard of anyone that’s been successful in doing this. 

19 minutes ago, David & Olga said:

I would rather try to expedite your case with the NVC - once a request is approved, you can ask them to send the case to the embassy. 

Transferring the case to another consular post in another country would delay your process - given what we know now. We have a similar timeline, along with 20 others that I know. We’re seeing movement with expedited cases and soon we’ll see movement with the other mission critical visa categories. 

I understand it’s frustrating, but right now the wisest thing is to continue to remain relatively at the front of the line (based on your PD) and wait until your case gets scheduled by the NVC. Transferring the case could yield unintended consequences that can further exacerbate your immigration timeline - besides, I haven’t heard of anyone that’s been successful in doing this. 

Ok thank you for the clarification!

We have applied for an expedite request in Russia, They said they approved it BUT they will only look at it once the embassy is fully back open and doing routine visa appointments. Which doesn't seem to be anytime soon so I guess thats confusing us on what to do.

What do you think about the fact that Russia and USA most likely won't open borders until 2021?  USA  is ranking with the most amount of people infected with " Covid" based on the statistics and the Russian government announced that they won't be re-opening until they see a significant drop in the covid related cases, before even discussing any re-openings... doesn't that affect the US embassies and their operations as well?

Also if we transfer the case to Ukraine and apply for an expedite in Kiev, wouldn't that be faster regardless since they're already doing interviews for US spouses?

Sorry for so many questions, we just need a second opinion on our thoughts

Timeline
7 hours ago, David & Olga said:

They just started doing CR-1/IR-1 interviews. Someone here on VJ got an interview for October 12th, with others seeing movement and receiving emails regarding their case. I would say be a little more patient.

whens your PD date?

Do you guys by any chance got your interview scheduled?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Usolya said:

Do you guys by any chance got your interview scheduled?

Yes. We know a person that got their interview on October 12th. An expedited IR-1 case. PD date May 2019.

Timeline
7 hours ago, David & Olga said:

Yes. We know a person that got their interview on October 12th. An expedited IR-1 case. PD date May 2019.

Do you know what was the reason to expedite? Our PD is May 2019 too. We had K1 denied before, not sure if it is a good idea to mention it as a "processing error"     

On 10/5/2020 at 9:16 PM, Darya Pavlenko said:

Ok thank you for the clarification!

We have applied for an expedite request in Russia, They said they approved it BUT they will only look at it once the embassy is fully back open and doing routine visa appointments. Which doesn't seem to be anytime soon so I guess thats confusing us on what to do.

What do you think about the fact that Russia and USA most likely won't open borders until 2021?  USA  is ranking with the most amount of people infected with " Covid" based on the statistics and the Russian government announced that they won't be re-opening until they see a significant drop in the covid related cases, before even discussing any re-openings... doesn't that affect the US embassies and their operations as well?

Also if we transfer the case to Ukraine and apply for an expedite in Kiev, wouldn't that be faster regardless since they're already doing interviews for US spouses?

Sorry for so many questions, we just need a second opinion on our thoughts

Hello Darya! Would you please share the reason of your expedite? 

Timeline
On 10/6/2020 at 3:21 AM, ViktorS said:

Do you know what was the reason to expedite? Our PD is May 2019 too. We had K1 denied before, not sure if it is a good idea to mention it as a "processing error"     

I don’t know the reason unfortunately. 

processing errors can be substantiate an emergency if you had to wait a lot time due to this error. It doesn’t hurt to try to plead that case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
4 hours ago, Margarita_sunny said:

Hello Darya! Would you please share the reason of your expedite? 

We were DQ at March, our PD December 2018 and we expedited our case and it was approved. Reasons what about we told were financial hardship (live for two houses almost 2 years not easy), our daughters need to continue their academic year (my biological daughters) and political situation in Belarus. I do not know what was the Decisive reason, but it worked for us. We have appointment for our interview at 19th of October in US embassy Warsaw. 

9 hours ago, Kate.Alday said:

We were DQ at March, our PD December 2018 and we expedited our case and it was approved. Reasons what about we told were financial hardship (live for two houses almost 2 years not easy), our daughters need to continue their academic year (my biological daughters) and political situation in Belarus. I do not know what was the Decisive reason, but it worked for us. We have appointment for our interview at 19th of October in US embassy Warsaw. 

Thank you! I hope everything goes well for you☀️

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 9/25/2020 at 2:29 PM, willygoeswrong said:

Guys, do you think it's a good idea to transfer the case to Kazakhstan? They are doing at least something there, also started rescheduling visas for spouses, they will definitely open K1s before Moscow will. Maybe it will make sence, besides, the line won't be as bad as the line in Moscow when it reopens. 

Hello!

Since you mentioned transfering case to Kazakhstan, seems your docs is ready and you filled the DS-160 form?

Can I ask may be silly qustion. I'm a bit confussed.

Most of guys from Russia here mentioned that they filled the DS160 form.

I started to fill up my DS-160 back in March 2020 but at the very last step there was a question, something like "Have you read the brochure IMBRA that was sent in package  by the US Embassy?" and the answer assumed only "YES". But since I havn't gotten anything yet from the Embassy and coudn't say "YES". So no accomplished DS form. 

Did you guys fill the DS-160 form anyways or you got the package from the Embassy to get ready for interview?

I would really appreciate your answers.

Timeline
10 hours ago, NJ team said:

Hello!

Since you mentioned transfering case to Kazakhstan, seems your docs is ready and you filled the DS-160 form?

Can I ask may be silly qustion. I'm a bit confussed.

Most of guys from Russia here mentioned that they filled the DS160 form.

I started to fill up my DS-160 back in March 2020 but at the very last step there was a question, something like "Have you read the brochure IMBRA that was sent in package  by the US Embassy?" and the answer assumed only "YES". But since I havn't gotten anything yet from the Embassy and coudn't say "YES". So no accomplished DS form. 

Did you guys fill the DS-160 form anyways or you got the package from the Embassy to get ready for interview?

I would really appreciate your answers.

I'd suggest to find IMBRA brochure online (https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/brochures/IMBRA Pamphlet Final 01-07-2011 for Web Posting.pdf), read it, check the box and finish the form

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, ViktorS said:

I'd suggest to find IMBRA brochure online (https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/brochures/IMBRA Pamphlet Final 01-07-2011 for Web Posting.pdf), read it, check the box and finish the form

Yes, I read this brochure even in this Feb :)

I hesitated to complete the form because they also tell you that you 're responsible for providing all data in that form.

Okay, may be I was just being overly careful.

Okay, got you. 

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.