Mpere

221g request and refused status

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

In the sense that you will be half a world away and will need to return to get it yes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mpere said:

So my question is, is it possible for me to leave the UK while the visa processing is ongoing? Obviously my passports are with them, I think I still can apply for a new passport so I can at least go stay with my parents in South Korea? 

I think you probably need to see if the embassy will answer that if you tell them you have lost your job and place to live.

People with a need to travel have requested their passport back. The embassy notified them when they were finally ready to issue the visa and the passport was collected by the courier and taken to the embassy to get the visa in it. Not sure how that works from South Korea. Call the courier and ask about delivery from London to SK.

Also this happened to somebody going through a very, very long security clearance AP. They finally were told to send the passport in. The embassy noticed a trip to one of the restricted or known terrorist countries since the interview. The security vetting had to start over. South Korea likely does not fit that profile, but worth mentioning as an example.

I’m not sure getting a new passport is wise. The one left at the embassy to get the visa would become invalid. Right? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well the visa does not need to be in a current passport, I have not come across them sending the passport to another country, sounds a bit unlikely, best ask.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 9/23/2020 at 8:52 AM, Mpere said:

Thank you @Wuozopo 

Being apart from my husband for almost 3 months now, and being in a foreign country alone without any family Support plus the whole COVID situation just makes it harder. Hopefully the 2 weeks timeline mentioned by the CO during the interview is somewhat true, I’m slowly losing my mind while waiting for the visa :( 

This sounds like a very unfortunate situation to be in. I'm very sorry to hear this and I sincerely hope you are able to find a resolution.

2 hours ago, os306 said:

This sounds like a very unfortunate situation to be in. I'm very sorry to hear this and I sincerely hope you are able to find a resolution.

Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately 5weeks after my interview, my visa status is still at “ refused”. I have no idea what to do to be honest. Maybe will just ask for them to send my passport back next week, so I can fly to South Korea to stay with my parents while the processing is ongoing. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 1:20 PM, Mpere said:

Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately 5weeks after my interview, my visa status is still at “ refused”. I have no idea what to do to be honest. Maybe will just ask for them to send my passport back next week, so I can fly to South Korea to stay with my parents while the processing is ongoing. 

Out of interest, has there been any progress on this front?

• 9 months later...
1 minute ago, CinnaBrat1 said:

Thank you for the quick reply. Did they email you to send your passport to the embassy or were there any additional documentations they needed? We're going through the same thing too.

Hi, no problem. I went through the long wait, so I know exactly how you feel now. They kept my passport the entire time. There was no additional documents required at the time outside of the personal CV they asked for during the interview. It seemed like that my case was in Washington pending review for a while, and it might got delayed due to the pandemic and the presidential election. It just got resolved as time went on. Where and when did you have the interview? 

2 minutes ago, Mpere said:

Hi, no problem. I went through the long wait, so I know exactly how you feel now. They kept my passport the entire time. There was no additional documents required at the time outside of the personal CV they asked for during the interview. It seemed like that my case was in Washington pending review for a while, and it might got delayed due to the pandemic and the presidential election. It just got resolved as time went on. Where and when did you have the interview? 

I did my interview last week (3 August) in Dublin, Ireland. I'm an Indian national though with a PhD from the UK. In prior correspondence of documents to bring to the embassy, they did not mention to bring a CV so I was caught off guard. They emailed us shortly after the interview for a CV to be sent by email which we promptly sent. Similar to you, my USC partner was living with me in Ireland before he returned to the US for a job. The interviewing official told me it could take a week or a month but I am just anxious from hearing about stories of mad processing times.

I did my interview last week (3 August) in Dublin, Ireland. I'm an Indian national though with a PhD from the UK. In prior correspondence of documents to bring to the embassy, they did not mention to bring a CV so I was caught off guard. They emailed us shortly after the interview for a CV to be sent by email which we promptly sent. Similar to you, my USC partner was living with me in Ireland before he returned to the US for a job. The interviewing official told me it could take a week or a month but I am just anxious from hearing about stories of mad processing times.

I also have a degree from graduate school which the interviewee asked a couple of questions of. It could be the trigger of an additional security check. I was also told that it will take two weeks to process once they receive my CV, but who would know it took more than 3 months!  I would make sure they received and acknowledged your CV, but other than that, it may be just a waiting game. 

1 minute ago, Mpere said:

I also have a degree from graduate school which the interviewee asked a couple of questions of. It could be the trigger of an additional security check. I was also told that it will take two weeks to process once they receive my CV, but who would know it took more than 3 months!  I would make sure they received and acknowledged your CV, but other than that, it may be just a waiting game. 

They definitely did acknowledge receiving it, so just hoping they will look over it quickly! Is this something the embassy reviews or the state department? I would think the security check would be during the I-129F. I had previously interviewed at the US embassy in Dublin for a tourist visa to visit my partner's family in 2019 and that process was smooth. During my K1 interview, the interviewer scribbled out my tourist visa as well..

Thank you again for the quick replies, just hoping that it won't be terribly long.

They definitely did acknowledge receiving it, so just hoping they will look over it quickly! Is this something the embassy reviews or the state department? I would think the security check would be during the I-129F. I had previously interviewed at the US embassy in Dublin for a tourist visa to visit my partner's family in 2019 and that process was smooth. During my K1 interview, the interviewer scribbled out my tourist visa as well..

Thank you again for the quick replies, just hoping that it won't be terribly long.

I was only told once that my case was pending review in Washington, so no idea if it was with the state department. Good luck to you, hope it gets resolved soon. My UK visa was actually expiring the end of 2020, I was lucky enough to get the visa before I had to leave the country. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.