I.A

Update on interviews in Pakistan

274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, 2019 said:

Yeah I thought so too but if they are even planning to have new interviews in November then they should send out Interview letters in October right?

Any update in your case?

no still waiting 5535 dilemma

Timeline
1 hour ago, 2019 said:

Yeah I thought so too but if they are even planning to have new interviews in November then they should send out Interview letters in October right?

Any update in your case?

Right and they should give official news on opening too  than in october. But so far they just said student visas starting 1st october. Means no plan of Cr1 or IR1

Edited by Skull78000

guys, i am petititioner (male).  I got nikkah done in Karachi Feb 2020 (just before covid19).  I only had nikkah done no rukhsatii/waleema so no major photo album compiled ( thinking i would apply for K1) and during nikkah had handful pictures taken via cellphone involving me & wife wearing haar (rose petals). It seems like i dont have ANY  pictures to prove bonafide relationship for K1(only i have im wearing haar, it looks clear marriage)

u know how pkstani middle class conservative culture is.. no dating.. not much meeting between boy n girl, hence no pictures together.. but after niikah our parents agreed to allow us to we talk/chat thru whatsapp n share self photos once in while etc.. also i send her money every other month by online money transfer services n have receipts,

So its pointless applying for K1?  since evidence seems to be almmost non existent other than whatsapp communication <-- which isnt big evidence is it? we chat daily n call weekly.

I only have chance at CR1(spouse visa) where atleast i have nikkah nama (which i may ask to register ASAP) as solid evidence n hoping they dont ask much about handful pictures is all i have as proof..  we had plans to do big wedding event (rukhsatti n waleem) which is when we'd have photos album etc.. I had plans to go to pk soon as visa is issued to my wife in 1 yr and comeback with her  to USA. 

But seeing these forums n everyone talking about evidence evidence evidence.. i feel hopeless. .. do they understand that pkstan some family conservative  customs dont allow lot of mixing of boy/girl n photos taking n isnt nikkah nama enough of proof

do i have a chance at all?  feel so overwhelmed. 

Edited by DoodBoy

1 hour ago, DoodBoy said:

guys, i am petititioner (male).  I got nikkah done in Karachi Feb 2020 (just before covid19).  I only had nikkah done no rukhsatii/waleema so no major photo album compiled ( thinking i would apply for K1) and during nikkah had handful pictures taken via cellphone involving me & wife wearing haar (rose petals). It seems like i dont have ANY  pictures to prove bonafide relationship for K1(only i have im wearing haar, it looks clear marriage)

u know how pkstani middle class conservative culture is.. no dating.. not much meeting between boy n girl, hence no pictures together.. but after niikah our parents agreed to allow us to we talk/chat thru whatsapp n share self photos once in while etc.. also i send her money every other month by online money transfer services n have receipts,

So its pointless applying for K1?  since evidence seems to be almmost non existent other than whatsapp communication <-- which isnt big evidence is it? we chat daily n call weekly.

I only have chance at CR1(spouse visa) where atleast i have nikkah nama (which i may ask to register ASAP) as solid evidence n hoping they dont ask much about handful pictures is all i have as proof..  we had plans to do big wedding event (rukhsatti n waleem) which is when we'd have photos album etc.. I had plans to go to pk soon as visa is issued to my wife in 1 yr and comeback with her  to USA. 

But seeing these forums n everyone talking about evidence evidence evidence.. i feel hopeless. .. do they understand that pkstan some family conservative  customs dont allow lot of mixing of boy/girl n photos taking n isnt nikkah nama enough of proof

do i have a chance at all?  feel so overwhelmed. 

I think a lot of people here, including me, are in the same position as you. I did nikkah just like you in Pakistan. The only proof I had was the pictures from the nikkah event, some pictures from the dinner in the restaurant with the whole family, receipt for the jewelry bought and two affidavits from the family members. We didn’t have any whatsapp communication at that point so I didn’t include it.

I applied for CR1 around January and I have been DQ’d since June. If it wasnt for the Covid, my wife would have had her visa by now haha. 

Good Luck!

Past 2-3 days im reading forum n videos on ppl's experience n just stressing. Everyone is sending so much concrete evidence in binders with content etc. It's just overwhelming me.

Any idea how much it will cost to get an immigration lawyer to file for me? i am in NYC.   They will help me compile evidence or narrate a story that makes case sound reasonable perhaps.   

1 hour ago, bilalasd said:

I think a lot of people here, including me, are in the same position as you. I did nikkah just like you in Pakistan. The only proof I had was the pictures from the nikkah event, some pictures from the dinner in the restaurant with the whole family, receipt for the jewelry bought and two affidavits from the family members. We didn’t have any whatsapp communication at that point so I didn’t include it.

I applied for CR1 around January and I have been DQ’d since June. If it wasnt for the Covid, my wife would have had her visa by now haha. 

Good Luck!

hey, thanks for answering. DQ? is same as NOA2? like they approved your petition?  June is pretty quick for CR1, ahh covid or not it takes time.  Did you apply ONLINE or paper version. I am skimming through I-30 n 

17 minutes ago, DoodBoy said:

Past 2-3 days im reading forum n videos on ppl's experience n just stressing. Everyone is sending so much concrete evidence in binders with content etc. It's just overwhelming me.

Any idea how much it will cost to get an immigration lawyer to file for me? i am in NYC.   They will help me compile evidence or narrate a story that makes case sound reasonable perhaps.   

hey, thanks for answering. DQ? is same as NOA2? like they approved your petition?  June is pretty quick for CR1, ahh covid or not it takes time.  Did you apply ONLINE or paper version. I am skimming through I-30 n 

I asked a lawyer in Houston and they quoted me $3000 plus the fees. 

DQ means documentarily qualified, this happens after all the documents are approved at the National Visa Center (NVC) and just in line for the interview.

Yea the whole process took surprisingly less time. 

I think USCIS knows about Pakistani weddings and how the whole arrange marriage works, I don't think they are expecting much evidence. I have a friend who did it like me and I think they used less evidence me and they recently got the visa.

I applied online, from what I have heard even if you file paper, someone at USCIS scans them and adds them to the online system.

Edited by bilalasd

O wow, 3K is alot. So you filed it yourself online? seems like a simple form. I checked, Visacoach.com seems like a legit knowledeble guy doing it for $1300.  an avg. lawyer charges like 150-300$ per hour in NYC

very encouraging news to hear your friend get visa recently; how long did it take him overall.  Some of those NVC people may be more leniant then others, naseeb jiska acha.. 

what about evidence documents n photos during online applying? u scanned em all & uploaded when prompted?  can u leave the online application save n return to it later to edit before the final submission? 

yea, i may be overblowing the evidence thing, it may hold more weight  for K1 visa applicants.

about nikkah nama I should have it registered/translated by Nadra first thing ... wife has english issue, can she request her interview be conducted by urdu speaker? she is so masoom (innocent ) even urdu doesnt she would mess up haha... and are interviews ONLY conducted in islamabad? or karachi too? 

issue: my wife's birth certificate has 1 letter spelled different.. like name irfana is written as arfana..(minor but u never know they make an issue outta it) better to fix it while waiting for interview call...

Thanks for your responses.,calmed me down a bit.

Edited by DoodBoy

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 9/15/2020 at 9:39 AM, Raza329 said:

Previously my interview was scheduled for 02-April-2020. Medical was expired on 13th September, but I received call from embassy last week and they scheduled me for 15-sep-2020 with one month medical extension.

Hello my husband also was called to have oath/fingerprints after 17 month AP he was told to bring his medical but that was end of July we still haven’t gotten approved yet 

On 10/3/2020 at 7:27 PM, DoodBoy said:

O wow, 3K is alot. So you filed it yourself online? seems like a simple form. I checked, Visacoach.com seems like a legit knowledeble guy doing it for $1300.  an avg. lawyer charges like 150-300$ per hour in NYC

I personally haven't used Visacoach, I mostly just used this website to figure out the solutions to any problems that I had

very encouraging news to hear your friend get visa recently; how long did it take him overall.  Some of those NVC people may be more leniant then others, naseeb jiska acha.. 

Well when he applied he had a green card but about 1 year into it he got citizenship. Also he submitted paper application because at that time the online application wasn't available. In total I think it took him 3.5 years. But he is an exception I think, the paper application is slower and the embassy also closed because of Corona.

what about evidence documents n photos during online applying? u scanned em all & uploaded when prompted?  can u leave the online application save n return to it later to edit before the final submission? 

I actually made a word document with an index and heading for all the photos I head and in some of them I added labels to show who is who. I also added receipts and any explanations that I had. For example, I had to explain that the nikkah for the guy and the girl is done separately (in out family at least). The application can definitely be saved and updated later.

yea, i may be overblowing the evidence thing, it may hold more weight  for K1 visa applicants.

about nikkah nama I should have it registered/translated by Nadra first thing ... wife has english issue, can she request her interview be conducted by urdu speaker? she is so masoom (innocent ) even urdu doesnt she would mess up haha... and are interviews ONLY conducted in islamabad? or karachi too? 

I had 3 nikkah namas (urdu, english translated and NADRA registered) and I submitted all of them. I don't think there is a requirement to know english to enter USA. I think they will provide a translator, you can ask the question once your case goes to NVC.

issue: my wife's birth certificate has 1 letter spelled different.. like name irfana is written as arfana..(minor but u never know they make an issue outta it) better to fix it while waiting for interview call...

Thanks for your responses.,calmed me down a bit.

I think you should fix it before the NVC, I think they ask for it in the application.

Yea no need to worry, the best you can do is finish the application with the correct information and submit it. If you don't have evidence well you don't have evidence, you are not lying, it is what it is.

ahh so i need to get the documents in order first. before i even apply online. Good thing i read instruction page because in the form itself there is no mentioned of evidence or passport size photos or anything documentary request. 

Do you think it does any good to give backstory.. like in 2019 i came looking to get married met several candidates and spoke to them decided on ONE(we have an age gap im mid 30s tho i look 30.. she early 20s, she is from within khandan, my aunt's niece, so ppl recommended her).. in 2020 i came attending cousin wedding n went for proposal with family to the girl i liked (my wife) n they took a day consulting relatives n accepted n next day i had flight, but had to cancel the flight & extended day (cost family 1200 extra) only 1 day because i had to rejoin work. So got my nikkah done in sort of rush n yes i had same ceremony that segregated girl section where bride is signing, me(groom) signing in male section n subsequent people hugging me/eachother (congragulating).   Good idea put it on word doc and captions explaining, whats going on.. etc

for evidence -  nika nama i have to get that registered with nadra first thing. 

pics of nikkah (caption) + money transfer receipts, a couple of affidavits (dad, cousin in PK, UK) who attended. my boarding pass/tickets. whatsapp msgs of several month ill randomly do each month..

i130 - i will submit my documentry evidence n all. looks like a simple form. (my own 2 passport size photos, should drop it in .doc file too? 

i130a - will that come up automatically or there is some drop down (once i finish my i130) while i am logged in my account.

(in i130A(this filled on spouse behalf) i dont supply passport photo (of wife) or documentry evidence for bonafide marriage, right?  but do i send her birth-certificate/passport copy/  same thing as they asked me in my i130.

about medical exam... if the girl is lacking some vaccinations. do they physicians there give her the vaccinations that are needed or they just give sealed envelope. because embassy CO may delay based on missing vaccinations.. if we can know ahead what vaccinations are needed, we can get em ahead.

thanks bilal.. your answers are very helpful

Edited by DoodBoy

Timeline
8 hours ago, bilalasd said:

I personally haven't used Visacoach, I mostly just used this website to figure out the solutions to any problems that I had

Well when he applied he had a green card but about 1 year into it he got citizenship. Also he submitted paper application because at that time the online application wasn't available. In total I think it took him 3.5 years. But he is an exception I think, the paper application is slower and the embassy also closed because of Corona.

I actually made a word document with an index and heading for all the photos I head and in some of them I added labels to show who is who. I also added receipts and any explanations that I had. For example, I had to explain that the nikkah for the guy and the girl is done separately (in out family at least). The application can definitely be saved and updated later.

I had 3 nikkah namas (urdu, english translated and NADRA registered) and I submitted all of them. I don't think there is a requirement to know english to enter USA. I think they will provide a translator, you can ask the question once your case goes to NVC.

I think you should fix it before the NVC, I think they ask for it in the application.

Yea no need to worry, the best you can do is finish the application with the correct information and submit it. If you don't have evidence well you don't have evidence, you are not lying, it is what it is.

Wait when i filed I 30 Cr1 spouse    i didnt give anything to uscis except the form I 130 itself 🤔 and Alhamdulilah it got accepted in like 2 3 months.. now my case got accepted from NVC as well... ? I hope the fact that i didnt give anything to Uscis doesnt give me problems during the interview ? 

Edited by Skull78000

On 10/5/2020 at 7:21 PM, Skull78000 said:

Wait when i filed I 30 Cr1 spouse    i didnt give anything to uscis except the form I 130 itself 🤔 and Alhamdulilah it got accepted in like 2 3 months.. now my case got accepted from NVC as well... ? I hope the fact that i didnt give anything to Uscis doesnt give me problems during the interview ? 

That's interesting, I had read everywhere that you need to provide evidence to prove that your wedding is bonafide. I think you needed evidence during the USCIS phase but if they didn't ask for it its great.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.