Ladooz

Mumbai Consulate Interview - IR1/CR1

1,239 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

Before the shutdown there was a 3-4 month wait for IL, so basically they are 9-10 months behind. Folks who had DQ in December with Interview for March cancelled are now starting to get emails to reschedule. 

I am hopeful for an early backlog clearance of Citizen spouse cases because -

a) The In and Out time will be highly reduced due to Covid fear. I read few interview experience recently, it is taking 5-15 mins only for interviews and less than 30 mins of total time spent in Consulate. The Mumbai Consulate has HUGE number of CO windows, so even if they are working 50% they will be clearing it fast. (Even my hubby was done with his Passport renewal and PCC in 15 mins recently in Jaipur. So expecting similar faster processing. I know they are totally different but still)

b) The restrictions on Tourist / Work visa / Student Visas is going to help release the bandwidth to IR1/2/CR1/2 cases. This will be turbo boost. 

It has been such a pain for the spouses to wait specially when they are in another country,  Covid numbers are increasing and economy is heavily impacted, hence praying everyday for a faster closure now for all of us.

Does anyone know if when the USCIS sends the case to the NVC they send the case with all the submitted evidences with the I 130? And when the U.S. Embassy receives the case they also get all the pictures and evidences submitted with the i 130?  I’m pretty confused as the CO asked me submit more relationship evidences through a 221g when I already sent a whole lot of evidences pack with the i 130. 

5 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

Before the shutdown there was a 3-4 month wait for IL, so basically they are 9-10 months behind. Folks who had DQ in December with Interview for March cancelled are now starting to get emails to reschedule. 

How do you know they they are starting to get emails? I was DQ in Jan so i shall expect interview by mid-Oct ?

58 minutes ago, L&U said:

Does anyone know if when the USCIS sends the case to the NVC they send the case with all the submitted evidences with the I 130? And when the U.S. Embassy receives the case they also get all the pictures and evidences submitted with the i 130?  I’m pretty confused as the CO asked me submit more relationship evidences through a 221g when I already sent a whole lot of evidences pack with the i 130. 

When did you have your interview?

Edited by Anynonmus

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, DesiGirlChicago said:

I am hopeful for an early backlog clearance of Citizen spouse cases because -

a) The In and Out time will be highly reduced due to Covid fear. I read few interview experience recently, it is taking 5-15 mins only for interviews and less than 30 mins of total time spent in Consulate. The Mumbai Consulate has HUGE number of CO windows, so even if they are working 50% they will be clearing it fast. (Even my hubby was done with his Passport renewal and PCC in 15 mins recently in Jaipur. So expecting similar faster processing. I know they are totally different but still)

b) The restrictions on Tourist / Work visa / Student Visas is going to help release the bandwidth to IR1/2/CR1/2 cases. This will be turbo boost. 

It has been such a pain for the spouses to wait specially when they are in another country,  Covid numbers are increasing and economy is heavily impacted, hence praying everyday for a faster closure now for all of us.

My husband already had his interview in February this year. They do not have a "huge" number of windows that they use. They typically have around (3-4) US officers total. (Non-Covid days)The process takes several hours. They were moving at a swift pace, but the process from arrival until interview can be lengthy. Check in, screening, submission of docs that are checked by Indian officers, and then finally the interview with the US officer. We spent 3 hours at the embassy as my husband chose to speak English and they do those last. I would say there were around 50 cases that day. They do not schedule interviews daily. There are a lot of folks waiting and the backlog is since November. Its is best to be optimistic, but also realistic. 

Edited by GAMAJM

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Rosella said:

How do you know they they are starting to get emails? I was DQ in Jan so i shall expect interview by mid-Oct ?

I am in a chat group where 3 people who had cancelled interviews from March 17th received an email to reschedule their interviews at the end of this month. They all DQ in Nov/Dec. 

APPROVED

Timeline
1 hour ago, L&U said:

I would assume they do not submit everything. They have been known to misplace documents. I would send the same info at the NVC stage. I did this to be on the safe side!

APPROVED

1 minute ago, GAMAJM said:

I would assume they do not submit everything. They have been known to misplace documents. I would send the same info at the NVC stage. I did this to be on the safe side!

I did the same too, sent everything again in the NVC too.

58 minutes ago, GAMAJM said:

My husband already had his interview in February this year. They do not have a "huge" number of windows that they use. They typically have around (3-4) US officers total. (Non-Covid days)The process takes several hours. They were moving at a swift pace, but the process from arrival until interview can be lengthy. Check in, screening, submission of docs that are checked by Indian officers, and then finally the interview with the US officer. We spent 3 hours at the embassy as my husband chose to speak English and they do those last. I would say there were around 50 cases that day. They do not schedule interviews daily. There are a lot of folks waiting and the backlog is since November. Its is best to be optimistic, but also realistic. 

Yeah, those were the days. Even the Oath ceremony of USC used to last for an hour atleast, I was done in less than 10 minutes in Chicago. We are in a new normal so expecting a faster turnaround time. Also, the priority given to USC spouses with extra available bandwidth gonna help too.

Let us see how next few weeks goes. Wishing best for all.

1 hour ago, DesiGirlChicago said:

So you uploaded extra documents / dozens of marriage related pictures even if they did not asked? 

Not photographs but all other documents like marriage certificate, income proof, tax documents , social security document. I have uploaded everything. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

What does the language selection look like?? You said they do interviews in English last...so you have the choice of what language to do your interview in? My partner is nervous about this!

Timeline
9 hours ago, jaimedebruyn said:

What does the language selection look like?? You said they do interviews in English last...so you have the choice of what language to do your interview in? My partner is nervous about this!

Yes they have translators for those who do not speak very good English, but if he can manage then I suggest he does English as it shows he can transition to the USA. I am guessing they have Hindi for sure, but don't know about State languages. 

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.