Ladooz

Mumbai Consulate Interview - IR1/CR1

1,239 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

If anyone has any updates/information about interviews being scheduled for US Citizen spouses in Mumbai consulate, please update it here. 

7 hours ago, Anynonmus said:

Hi I’m also waiting for the interview letter for my spouse. We have received DQ from NVC in June 1st. I-130 approved in April 29th. 

still waiting 😒

Hello Anynonmus,

Well that's a long time...recently a notice was posted on Mumbai site that the IV interviews have started from Sept 1...I will recommend please follow them up on email/ calls and ask their plans...it will not harm.

Please do share us your experience once they informs you about interview plans and how much backlog is expected. We all love transparency :)

1 hour ago, DesiGirlChicago said:

Hello Anynonmus,

Well that's a long time...recently a notice was posted on Mumbai site that the IV interviews have started from Sept 1...I will recommend please follow them up on email/ calls and ask their plans...it will not harm.

Please do share us your experience once they informs you about interview plans and how much backlog is expected. We all love transparency :)

We called them and they said , the CR-1/IR-1 interviews Will begin on sept 14 (which is today) hopefully we will get the letter soon. 

but, yes you are right there will be lots of backlogs. Because embassy was shut down since March. 

1 minute ago, Anynonmus said:

We called them and they said , the CR-1/IR-1 interviews Will begin on sept 14 (which is today) hopefully we will get the letter soon. 

but, yes you are right there will be lots of backlogs. Because embassy was shut down since March. 

Wow that's nice.. I guess India was under lockdown since March and US from April??? So it will not be more then 3 months long backlog....

Am hoping that for all the visas pending... about 20% will be of Immigrants...so not a very long backlog....🤞

Timeline
18 hours ago, DesiGirlChicago said:

Wow that's nice.. I guess India was under lockdown since March and US from April??? So it will not be more then 3 months long backlog....

Am hoping that for all the visas pending... about 20% will be of Immigrants...so not a very long backlog....🤞

I hope you are correct regarding 20%. I know based on the statistics from couple of years [2019,2018,2017] ...Mumbai Consulate gave out on average 250 visas each month for a combined category of [IR1/IR2/CR1/CR2] when full consulate staff was working. So we are looking at approximately ~1500 cases +- 200

Timeline
5 hours ago, BH2019 said:

I hope you are correct regarding 20%. I know based on the statistics from couple of years [2019,2018,2017] ...Mumbai Consulate gave out on average 250 visas each month for a combined category of [IR1/IR2/CR1/CR2] when full consulate staff was working. So we are looking at approximately ~1500 cases +- 200

Before the shutdown there was a 3-4 month wait for IL, so basically they are 9-10 months behind. Folks who had DQ in December with Interview for March cancelled are now starting to get emails to reschedule. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.