US2UK

Biometrics Appointment

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

We filed for AOS in May, and looking at similar timelines we should be invited for the biometrics appointment sometime in the coming weeks. 

I have seen a few posts on here of people missing their biometrics appointment as the letter didn’t arrive until after the scheduled appointment. 

I’m wondering if using the case status check online could help us avoid this? Will it update from “my fingerprint fee has been received (AOS) / my case has been received (EAD, travel)” to indicate the biometrics appointment has been scheduled?

thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Yes, your USCIS account should update when they send/schedule your biometrics.What service centers have you seen that are providing biometrics appts from May filers? Our cousin filed AOS in February and is still waiting for his biometrics, first one got cancelled due to Covid. They are in PA so I’m curious as to what centers you saw.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Yes, your USCIS account should update when they send/schedule your biometrics.What service centers have you seen that are providing biometrics appts from May filers? Our cousin filed AOS in February and is still waiting for his biometrics, first one got cancelled due to Covid. They are in PA so I’m curious as to what centers you saw.

Thanks, I appreciate it! 

I filtered for Atlanta. There were limited timelines (literally 2), they both filed about a month before us and had their biometrics in August. 

Hoping ours will follow suit but I know it’s very unpredictable right now so we are prepared to wait.

Timeline
4 hours ago, US2UK said:

Thanks, I appreciate it! 

I filtered for Atlanta. There were limited timelines (literally 2), they both filed about a month before us and had their biometrics in August. 

Hoping ours will follow suit but I know it’s very unpredictable right now so we are prepared to wait.

I never received an update to show my biometrics were scheduled, i just received a letter in the post. 🤷🏿‍♂️ a piece of advice i can give you though, is when you do go for the biometrics appointment, if its the i485/i765 code 3 letter. Ask the people at the centre if they can apply it to your i765/i131 too, i had to go twice! although my new card was being produced for the i765 before my second biometrics appointment? go figure.

Goodluck! im sure the letter is on its way

7 hours ago, US2UK said:

Hi all,

We filed for AOS in May, and looking at similar timelines we should be invited for the biometrics appointment sometime in the coming weeks. 

I have seen a few posts on here of people missing their biometrics appointment as the letter didn’t arrive until after the scheduled appointment. 

I’m wondering if using the case status check online could help us avoid this? Will it update from “my fingerprint fee has been received (AOS) / my case has been received (EAD, travel)” to indicate the biometrics appointment has been scheduled?

thanks!

I sent my AOS in June 2020, got an RFIE in July! Sent response to RFIE after a week! Got a mail for Biometric by the end of July, but didnt get the mail cos i moved moved out of state! USCIS sent a new mail to my new address in August, for Biometric appointment! i missed the scheduled date, but did a walk in to a different ASC and got the biometrics done in late August 2020. My status updated two days after biometrics to : Fingerprints have been applied to your case.

To answer your question, my status didnt indicate that they sent any mail concerning biometrics,  i just received the mail in the box!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I did not get an update on my account for my biometrics appointments. Did you try searching for a AOS May topic? Usually they make one all the time. Im in the February. March and April one just to be updated whenever other people close to my date get approvals. Its also really interesting and I love the support and help we get. If you search May 2020 AOS Filers, you should be able to find a topic. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, brainless69 said:

I never received an update to show my biometrics were scheduled, i just received a letter in the post. 🤷🏿‍♂️ a piece of advice i can give you though, is when you do go for the biometrics appointment, if its the i485/i765 code 3 letter. Ask the people at the centre if they can apply it to your i765/i131 too, i had to go twice! although my new card was being produced for the i765 before my second biometrics appointment? go figure.

Goodluck! im sure the letter is on its way

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for that. Congrats on the bio appointment and hopefully you will have your EAD and travel authorization soon (if not already)!

Timeline
17 hours ago, Paosca2000 said:

I sent my AOS in June 2020, got an RFIE in July! Sent response to RFIE after a week! Got a mail for Biometric by the end of July, but didnt get the mail cos i moved moved out of state! USCIS sent a new mail to my new address in August, for Biometric appointment! i missed the scheduled date, but did a walk in to a different ASC and got the biometrics done in late August 2020. My status updated two days after biometrics to : Fingerprints have been applied to your case.

To answer your question, my status didnt indicate that they sent any mail concerning biometrics,  i just received the mail in the box!

Thanks for sharing your experience. And congrats on getting biometrics done so quickly!

14 hours ago, Sandyl said:

I did not get an update on my account for my biometrics appointments. Did you try searching for a AOS May topic? Usually they make one all the time. Im in the February. March and April one just to be updated whenever other people close to my date get approvals. Its also really interesting and I love the support and help we get. If you search May 2020 AOS Filers, you should be able to find a topic. 

Will definitely look into this. This forum has always been so helpful - thanks!

Timeline
On 9/12/2020 at 12:53 PM, Luckycuds said:

when you say USCIS account, is that different to the case status checker where you type in your case number?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, US2UK said:

when you say USCIS account, is that different to the case status checker where you type in your case number?

Yes it is different. You should have a USCIS account with a user name and login if you don’t already.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Timeline
5 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

Yes it is different. You should have a USCIS account with a user name and login if you don’t already.

5 hours ago, Paosca2000 said:

yes its different, but the tracker is better because it is updated more often than the uscis account

Do I set this up myself? Or should they have sent me a login?

Timeline
2 hours ago, US2UK said:

Do I set this up myself? Or should they have sent me a login?

You set it here here is the link https://myaccount.uscis.gov

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.