POA

F4 Form questions

11 posts in this topic

Do I need to fill out the USCIS location for adjustment of status if I am filing under the F4 category?

I am filing for three siblings, and I already submitted one online, I put in Saint Paul in 61.a. The online part of the application did not include those headers in bold. Now that I am doing the second petition, it seems like this only applies to spouses. 

Questions:

1. Do I need to answer the 61.a for F4 even the beneficiary is not adjusting?

2. If not, do you think the first form I submitted can cause any issue with the petition?

Any help is appreciated!

image.thumb.png.e062aef1e5e48d9dcf9776240847af06.png

Paper

image.thumb.png.81554e41b6534f84905f61d35cff82b2.png

image.png

Edited by POA
Update image

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

You messed up on the first petition.

Your siblings are not in the US, so they will not be adjusting status.  Also, it will take 24 years for their Priority Date to become current before they can even qualify to adjust status.

You need to put in "N/A" for not applicable.  

By indicating that your sibling is inside the US and seeking to adjust status based on a current PD, you messed up.  It may cause a problem if USCIS ends up processing the case as an adjustment of status.  You'll have to wait for the receipt.  If the receipt says adjustment of status, then you will need to contact USCIS to correct it for consular processing in Manila.  

22 minutes ago, POA said:

Do I need to answer the 61.a for F4 even the beneficiary is not adjusting?

No. Leave it blank.

23 minutes ago, POA said:

If not, do you think the first form I submitted can cause any issue with the petition?

Call USCIS to confirm that the beneficiary will do consular processing. After petition approval they should send it to NVC to await Priority Date. If they don't send it to NVC, you'll need to also file I-824.

1 hour ago, aaron2020 said:

Hi,

You messed up on the first petition.

Your siblings are not in the US, so they will not be adjusting status.  Also, it will take 24 years for their Priority Date to become current before they can even qualify to adjust status.

You need to put in "N/A" for not applicable.  

By indicating that your sibling is inside the US and seeking to adjust status based on a current PD, you messed up.  It may cause a problem if USCIS ends up processing the case as an adjustment of status.  You'll have to wait for the receipt.  If the receipt says adjustment of status, then you will need to contact USCIS to correct it for consular processing in Manila.  

Thank you. I already have the receipt and it says this. I filed it online and it was a little different than the one on the paper. I didn't indicate that he is in the US on the other parts. 

image.png.aed58b962639c57b60c7c51ae4a82b51.png

Edited by POA

1 hour ago, HRQX said:

No. Leave it blank.

Call USCIS to confirm that the beneficiary will do consular processing. After petition approval they should send it to NVC to await Priority Date. If they don't send it to NVC, you'll need to also file I-824.

Thank you. Calling the USCIS now. :) Wait time is  55 minutes. lol

Edited by POA

6 minutes ago, POA said:

Here is the snapshot from the online form after printing it. I hope it is not too complicated to correct it.

Incorrect.png

You filled out both options (AOS and CP) rather than just one of them... anyway no it shouldn’t be complicated to correct it. Who knows what the actual situation will be by the time visas are available to them anyway, that is still many years away.

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

You filled out both options (AOS and CP) rather than just one of them... anyway no it shouldn’t be complicated to correct it. Who knows what the actual situation will be by the time visas are available to them anyway, that is still many years away.

Yeah, I made a mistake. :( True, almost 3 decades from now lol. Hopefully, those visa's are still available then. The online form is a little confusing but I will re-re-re-review the second and third. Hopefully, this is the first and last mistake. Goodness. 

Hey guys,

Two more questions. on Part 5, I filed the first petition online. Should I write the city and state where I was when I filed it online, or the city and state of the service center where it was forwarded?

Also, still in Part 5, for the Relative section, I only need to write the names of the siblings I will submit petitions for, and not write the names of my siblings I already submitted petitions for right? 

image.thumb.png.fcc4889068dfa7bb8e57883c656f4c3c.png

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this. I talked to the lawyer and he said that I can just file I824 once the petition is approved to move it to for Consular Processing. :) With regard to the City and state, it will be the service center it was forwarded to.

Filed: Other Timeline
On 9/23/2020 at 3:55 PM, POA said:

Update on this. I talked to the lawyer and he said that I can just file I824 once the petition is approved to move it to for Consular Processing. :) With regard to the City and state, it will be the service center it was forwarded to.

Hi! I sent you a mesg regarding the checklist for F4, did you send any birth if your sibling has any deri like spouse or kids? 

N400 Timeline

=========================

Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

=========================

GC Date :01 | 23 |2013

Sent : 10 |23 | 2017

Cashed : 10 | 31 | 2017

NOA : 01 | 01 | 2017

FPRINT : 11 | 07 | 2017

( Original bio 11~15~17 )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.