Mylilelar1

I am over 60. Should I just stay state side?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

If you are able to enter the Philippines and you get 14 day quarantine in Manila Hotel? Can you have visitors and overnight companions? 

no, as that defeats the purpose.   

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mylilelar1 said:

I won't be going up north to Isabela. I will stay in Manila. Probable holed up in the Bayview since it is right there at the embassy. Is there a site I can verify if a 60+  year old can actually move about without being hassled? Thanks for your answer. 

To make things even more confusing, each city or municipality in Metro Manila has its own guidelines for community quarantine. Where I live, those 60 and above and below 21 years of age supposedly are not allowed to go out. I say "supposedly" because I have heard from my friends who know people above 60 and below 21 who have been able to go out and about without any trouble.

I tried searching for Manila City hall guidelines for community quarantine but there does not seem to be much information except for curfew hours. The "best" and most updated source is usually the city hall's official Facebook page. Just bear in mind that as of now, whenever you go out you have to wear a mask, and if you go inside any building almost 100% of the time you are required to wear a face shield. 

Manila seems to be operating on honesty system. You only need to quarantine in a hotel while waiting for your PCR test results, then quarantine till the 14th day at home. If you are let in, please abide even if no one is watching. 

Therefore, to the OP, if you do not feel like you can strictly quarantine for 14 days, it’s probably best to stay stateside for now. 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

3 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Balikbayan Privilege  when entering Philippines with Philippines spouse is currently cancelled?

It is currently suspended.

Finally done.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 9:03 PM, payxibka said:

REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN SPOUSE OF FILIPINO NATIONAL
(Filipino Spouse already in the Philippines)
1. ACCOMPLISHED VISA APPLICATION (FA FORM 2-A) with passport size photo 
attached http://chicagopcg.com/forms/new visa form.pdf
2. ORIGINAL PASSPORT (together with a photocopy of the data page of the passport) 
with a validity of at least six (6) months beyond the proposed stay in the Philippines
3. TRAVEL ITINERARY
4. PROOF OF FINANCIAL CAPACITY (latest bank statement)
5. COPY OF REPORT OF MARRIAGE OR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (Philippine 
Statistic Authority)
6. NOTARIZED LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM FILIPINO SPOUSE indicating the 
following:
• That he /she (Filipino spouse) is in the Philippines
• Indicate specific purpose or nature of travel and of foreign spouse and that 
he/she (Filipino Spouse) guarantees all moral obligations to be incurred by the 
foreign spouse while in the Philippines.
7. COPY OF THE VALID PHILIPPINE PASSPORT OR VALID PHILIPPINE 
GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID OF FILIPINO SPOUSE
a. If spouse is a dual citizen, applicant may alternatively submit a Copy of 
Dual Identification Certificate or Certificate of Re-acquisition/
Retention of Philippine Citizenship of Filipino spouse
8. VISA FEE of $40 for 3-day expedited processing OR $30 for 1-week regular 
processing (in Money Order and Cashier’s Check ONLY) payable to the Consulate 
General of the Philippines in Chicago.
9. SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE WITH TRACKING NUMBER (USPS 
Priority Express Mail or pre-paid UPS only)

Thank you for this detailed information ! I was sidetracked and was not here for a few days. This info is GOLD. Thanks again.....appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.