Mylilelar1

I am over 60. Should I just stay state side?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

I hear so many different things. Where is the truth. What is the truth?  Is it a waste to go to Manila if I just have to stay inside because of my age?

PS..I train ski instructors,and in excellent shape but it wont make any difference to them.

How long do you plan to stay there?  If under 14 days, then it makes little sense to travel.  Stay a month, and it might be worth it.  Only YOU can decide that.

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

How long do you plan to stay there?  If under 14 days, then it makes little sense to travel.  Stay a month, and it might be worth it.  Only YOU can decide that.

You mentioned 14 days. Does that mean I go into the "mandatory" quarantine for 14 days regardless if I test negative right when I get off the plane?  I get mixed reports on if it is STILL enacted or not. The U.S. Embassy site is nebulous. I try to find the latest reports from them. I call them.....leave messages>>>>>nada.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the Current Events forum to the Philippines regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline
30 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

You mentioned 14 days. Does that mean I go into the "mandatory" quarantine for 14 days regardless if I test negative right when I get off the plane?  I get mixed reports on if it is STILL enacted or not. The U.S. Embassy site is nebulous. I try to find the latest reports from them. I call them.....leave messages>>>>>nada.

I'd say ask your fiancé/Asawa.  She is more likely to know what is going on there.  I only said 14 days because that seems to be the default period for quarantine world-wide.  I know my Asawa doesn't want to go home because of that, as she won't want to stay longer than 14 days, so it means she will be stuck in the house.  

Asawa just shared a friend's experience with me.  Her friend, who is a Filipina citizen, had to get a hotel near the airport (if non-OFW; OFW are treated differently)  (4,500 php), and if results are negative, then ok to visit.  This particular lady got he results the next day, but results vary by several days.  Quarantine is only if one tests positive now, it seems.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mylilelar1 said:

I hear so many different things. Where is the truth. What is the truth?  Is it a waste to go to Manila if I just have to stay inside because of my age?

PS..I train ski instructors,and in excellent shape but it wont make any difference to them.

Waste of time because borders are currently closed and you are not allowed to enter 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Check what kind of visa you have against today's list of allowed visas to enter. Last I heard over-60's were allowed outside the house now, after they pass the entry quarantine. Then there is the nightmare of traveling to your province.

1 minute ago, JonSeattle said:

Check what kind of visa you have against today's list of allowed visas to enter. Last I heard over-60's were allowed outside the house now, after they pass the entry quarantine. Then there is the nightmare of traveling to your province.

Thank you for your response Jon. I do not have a visa yet as I just learned of the visa requirement yesterday. 

The Sept 1 alert from the U.S. Embassy just states one must have a valid visa to enter or will be denied entry. So.....I received another answer a few minutes ago that stated it didn't matter because the border was closed to all incoming and outgoing. Sounds like I can enter with the correct visa. I AM MARRIED to a Filipino. I failed to mention this before.

You mentioned a list of allowed visas to enter? Where can see this list? 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

Thank you for your response Jon. I do not have a visa yet as I just learned of the visa requirement yesterday. 

The Sept 1 alert from the U.S. Embassy just states one must have a valid visa to enter or will be denied entry. So.....I received another answer a few minutes ago that stated it didn't matter because the border was closed to all incoming and outgoing. Sounds like I can enter with the correct visa. I AM MARRIED to a Filipino. I failed to mention this before.

Big oversight not to mention your marriage.   Spouses of Filipinos are eligible to apply for a visa.   Visas must be in advance,  no visas on arrival.   Philippine consulates should have information online

Quarantine requirements seems to change daily.   Have you checked the Philippine Department of Tourism,  Department of Health or possibly Bureau of immigration websites for latest information?

There was an American YouTuber who went from one province to another and spent 14 days in quarantine.  LGUs have a lot of say about what quarantine requirements are.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mylilelar1 said:

You can check the press releases in this site: https://immigration.gov.ph/

From what seems to be the latest, if you are married to a Filipino, you can enter with any kind of visa that you can obtain. I have not looked into that process yet.

1 hour ago, JonSeattle said:

I won't be going up north to Isabela. I will stay in Manila. Probable holed up in the Bayview since it is right there at the embassy. Is there a site I can verify if a 60+  year old can actually move about without being hassled? Thanks for your answer. 

Timeline

REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN SPOUSE OF FILIPINO NATIONAL
(Filipino Spouse already in the Philippines)
1. ACCOMPLISHED VISA APPLICATION (FA FORM 2-A) with passport size photo 
attached http://chicagopcg.com/forms/new visa form.pdf
2. ORIGINAL PASSPORT (together with a photocopy of the data page of the passport) 
with a validity of at least six (6) months beyond the proposed stay in the Philippines
3. TRAVEL ITINERARY
4. PROOF OF FINANCIAL CAPACITY (latest bank statement)
5. COPY OF REPORT OF MARRIAGE OR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (Philippine 
Statistic Authority)
6. NOTARIZED LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM FILIPINO SPOUSE indicating the 
following:
• That he /she (Filipino spouse) is in the Philippines
• Indicate specific purpose or nature of travel and of foreign spouse and that 
he/she (Filipino Spouse) guarantees all moral obligations to be incurred by the 
foreign spouse while in the Philippines.
7. COPY OF THE VALID PHILIPPINE PASSPORT OR VALID PHILIPPINE 
GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID OF FILIPINO SPOUSE
a. If spouse is a dual citizen, applicant may alternatively submit a Copy of 
Dual Identification Certificate or Certificate of Re-acquisition/
Retention of Philippine Citizenship of Filipino spouse
8. VISA FEE of $40 for 3-day expedited processing OR $30 for 1-week regular 
processing (in Money Order and Cashier’s Check ONLY) payable to the Consulate 
General of the Philippines in Chicago.
9. SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE WITH TRACKING NUMBER (USPS 
Priority Express Mail or pre-paid UPS only)

YMMV

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Big oversight not to mention your marriage.   Spouses of Filipinos are eligible to apply for a visa.   Visas must be in advance,  no visas on arrival.   Philippine consulates should have information online

Quarantine requirements seems to change daily.   Have you checked the Philippine Department of Tourism,  Department of Health or possibly Bureau of immigration websites for latest information?

There was an American YouTuber who went from one province to another and spent 14 days in quarantine.  LGUs have a lot of say about what quarantine requirements are.

It was a big oversight not to mention I was married. AM RUSTY. Thanks for the information.

7 hours ago, payxibka said:

One guy named Tim K from Leyte, went to renew his tourist visa and had to spend 14 days quarantine on a basketball court. It was greatness

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.