Jump to content

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

If you are waiting for your K1 visa in Buenos Aires, Argentina please leave any information you have so we can help each other. 

 

 

Screenshot_20200908-183053_Chrome.jpg

Just now, Graceval said:

If you are waiting for your K1 visa in Buenos Aires, Argentina please leave any information you have so we can help each other. 

 

 

Screenshot_20200908-183053_Chrome.jpg

Here's the link for the NVC state https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/important-notice-for-k-visa-applicants-affected-by-covid-19.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks for starting this Rosebelle. Graceval I know we touched base before too. I wrote the embassy on facebook one week ago and they responded very promptly but said processing is still suspended. I see on here that one person got an emergency interview several weeks ago. And I see that a few CR1 applicants are having their interviews. Still no idea when they will open up to us K1 applicants. 

Our electronic file got to the embassy on April 20 and but our physical file didn't arrive August 6. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EnK said:

Thanks for starting this Rosebelle. Graceval I know we touched base before too. I wrote the embassy on facebook one week ago and they responded very promptly but said processing is still suspended. I see on here that one person got an emergency interview several weeks ago. And I see that a few CR1 applicants are having their interviews. Still no idea when they will open up to us K1 applicants. 

Our electronic file got to the embassy on April 20 and but our physical file didn't arrive August 6. 

No problem! We have the same situation with our visa. The electronic case arrived on March but our physical file never did at least that's what the embassy told us. I guess they must have it since we email the NVC and they said they already sent it so we should email the embassy (again) we've been going back and forward with no answers. Everything is so confusing and they never provide us with good information. I guess we won't know unless they start processing K1 again. Hopefully soon. We can keep in contact for further information I will not doubt to let you know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Have you checked ceac.state.gov recently? When I contacted the embassy in July they said they didn’t have my physical file, then I contacted the NVC who said they couldn’t send it until the embassy opened again. I just waited for a while. But then I checked ceac.state. gov last week and found they had updated the date. That’s how I know the physical file is at the embassy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, EnK said:

Have you checked ceac.state.gov recently? When I contacted the embassy in July they said they didn’t have my physical file, then I contacted the NVC who said they couldn’t send it until the embassy opened again. I just waited for a while. But then I checked ceac.state. gov last week and found they had updated the date. That’s how I know the physical file is at the embassy

Our case says "Ready" that's why I think the physical case is here but for some reason we don't get the right answer. All we have to do is wait unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! I'm happy to find this thread. It's nice to find people going through the same situation, it's been a really stressing and frustrating process. Im listening to the embassy's live stream as a write this and I'm a bit disappointed because he didn't say anything new. It looks like they are still working on emergency appointments and CR1s visas still have priority over K1s. I was feeling a bit hopeful because after several months the NVC contacted my fiance to tell him they would send our case to the embassy finally. At the beginning they told us they wouldn't send it unless the embassy decided to open so i was expecting they would announce something like that. On the other hand it's been several weeks and our visa status still says "in transit" so I dont know what will happen. It looks like your cases are already at the embassy so I'm sure you will have news before me.

Good luck!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...