danicarol45

Anyone processing K1 Visa in Buenos Aires?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

If you are waiting for your K1 visa in Buenos Aires, Argentina please leave any information you have so we can help each other. 

Screenshot_20200908-183053_Chrome.jpg

Just now, Graceval said:

If you are waiting for your K1 visa in Buenos Aires, Argentina please leave any information you have so we can help each other. 

Screenshot_20200908-183053_Chrome.jpg

Here's the link for the NVC state https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/important-notice-for-k-visa-applicants-affected-by-covid-19.html

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for starting this Rosebelle. Graceval I know we touched base before too. I wrote the embassy on facebook one week ago and they responded very promptly but said processing is still suspended. I see on here that one person got an emergency interview several weeks ago. And I see that a few CR1 applicants are having their interviews. Still no idea when they will open up to us K1 applicants. 

Our electronic file got to the embassy on April 20 and but our physical file didn't arrive August 6. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, EnK said:

Thanks for starting this Rosebelle. Graceval I know we touched base before too. I wrote the embassy on facebook one week ago and they responded very promptly but said processing is still suspended. I see on here that one person got an emergency interview several weeks ago. And I see that a few CR1 applicants are having their interviews. Still no idea when they will open up to us K1 applicants. 

Our electronic file got to the embassy on April 20 and but our physical file didn't arrive August 6. 

No problem! We have the same situation with our visa. The electronic case arrived on March but our physical file never did at least that's what the embassy told us. I guess they must have it since we email the NVC and they said they already sent it so we should email the embassy (again) we've been going back and forward with no answers. Everything is so confusing and they never provide us with good information. I guess we won't know unless they start processing K1 again. Hopefully soon. We can keep in contact for further information I will not doubt to let you know 

Timeline

Have you checked ceac.state.gov recently? When I contacted the embassy in July they said they didn’t have my physical file, then I contacted the NVC who said they couldn’t send it until the embassy opened again. I just waited for a while. But then I checked ceac.state. gov last week and found they had updated the date. That’s how I know the physical file is at the embassy. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, EnK said:

Have you checked ceac.state.gov recently? When I contacted the embassy in July they said they didn’t have my physical file, then I contacted the NVC who said they couldn’t send it until the embassy opened again. I just waited for a while. But then I checked ceac.state. gov last week and found they had updated the date. That’s how I know the physical file is at the embassy

Our case says "Ready" that's why I think the physical case is here but for some reason we don't get the right answer. All we have to do is wait unfortunately

Hey! I'm happy to find this thread. It's nice to find people going through the same situation, it's been a really stressing and frustrating process. Im listening to the embassy's live stream as a write this and I'm a bit disappointed because he didn't say anything new. It looks like they are still working on emergency appointments and CR1s visas still have priority over K1s. I was feeling a bit hopeful because after several months the NVC contacted my fiance to tell him they would send our case to the embassy finally. At the beginning they told us they wouldn't send it unless the embassy decided to open so i was expecting they would announce something like that. On the other hand it's been several weeks and our visa status still says "in transit" so I dont know what will happen. It looks like your cases are already at the embassy so I'm sure you will have news before me.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello guys I’m from Argentina too, I did my interview in November 2019 , our case received a 221g the officer asked me to send them a police certificate and the medical exam. Now they give me seconde interview date and to bring the police certificate and the exam with me. I don’t know if it’s a good o bad sign.

Timeline
On 11/21/2020 at 1:27 PM, Tootie906 said:

Hello guys I’m from Argentina too, I did my interview in November 2019 , our case received a 221g the officer asked me to send them a police certificate and the medical exam. Now they give me seconde interview date and to bring the police certificate and the exam with me. I don’t know if it’s a good o bad sign.

Hi! I don't think it's a bad sign. Just make sure to bring all the documents and I'm sure you'll be okay! Good luck🥳🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.