bonnieandclyde

Pakistan English Nikah Nama (Marriage Certificate) Rejected

6 posts in this topic

My case is pending submission of Civil Documents. 

Here's a little background. I got married in Karachi, Pakistan and our Nikah Nama was originally prepared in English and in four original copies. We don't have a Nikah Nama in Urdu (or as USCIS calls it "original language"). 

All our Civil Documents have been accepted except our Original Nikah Nama. In addition to the Nikah Nama, we provided a NADRA  Marriage Registration Certificate which was issued on the basis of our original Nikah Nama from a Union Council office in Karachi.

Unfortunately, NVC has rejected both documents and requested us to upload a marriage certificate in original language (Urdu) and an attested of copy of the same in English.

My question is how do we get an a Nikah Nama in Urdu? Should we get it translated in Urdu and then upload an attested copy? Or get it translated in Urdu then back to English and then upload an attested copy?

Any help from you guys is much appreciated.

Thank you, 

45 minutes ago, bonnieandclyde said:

Here's a little background. I got married in Karachi, Pakistan and our Nikah Nama was originally prepared in English and in four original copies. We don't have a Nikah Nama in Urdu (or as USCIS calls it "original language"). 

All our Civil Documents have been accepted except our Original Nikah Nama. In addition to the Nikah Nama, we provided a NADRA  Marriage Registration Certificate which was issued on the basis of our original Nikah Nama from a Union Council office in Karachi.

Unfortunately, NVC has rejected both documents and requested us to upload a marriage certificate in original language (Urdu) and an attested of copy of the same in English.

My question is how do we get an a Nikah Nama in Urdu? Should we get it translated in Urdu and then upload an attested copy? Or get it translated in Urdu then back to English and then upload an attested copy?

Thank you, 

I'm pretty sure that the Urdu Nikah Nama is a must when submitting documents. Since this doesn't happen too often, I would recommend contacting the USCIS and speaking to an Officer and finding out what are your options, unless you can get an original Urdu Nikah Nama signed again, which I believe is unlikely. I would recommend getting your original English Nikah Nama translated to the Urdu version and having it certified and stamped and then resubmitting it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, bonnieandclyde said:

Thank you, 

hello my case is in USCIS, i just came across your post, i have same situation as urs but my i130 still pending approval, i submitted orignal nikkah nama as english and i believe most people submit URDU one and then have it translated and submit. Can you please keep me updated about what you talk to NVC about it and what they ask you to do in that case? it will me really appreciated 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 hours ago, bonnieandclyde said:

Thank you, 

Hey

we had the same problem. Our English nikkah nama was rejected by the NVC then we called them and explained them that this Nikkah nama is valid and Pakistan issues nikkah nama in both languages I.e Urdu and English 

We were asked by the NVC to  re-upload the English Nikkah nama and NADRA marriage certificate with an explanation letter. We did that and NVC accepted our documents and Documentary qualified us

Soo don’t get an Urdu nikkah nama, just re-upload the English one with an explanation letter.

• 1 year later...
On 9/9/2020 at 9:15 AM, 2019 said:

Hey

we had the same problem. Our English nikkah nama was rejected by the NVC then we called them and explained them that this Nikkah nama is valid and Pakistan issues nikkah nama in both languages I.e Urdu and English 

We were asked by the NVC to  re-upload the English Nikkah nama and NADRA marriage certificate with an explanation letter. We did that and NVC accepted our documents and Documentary qualified us

Soo don’t get an Urdu nikkah nama, just re-upload the English one with an explanation letter.

Hi, I am in a similar situation. About to submit documents to NVC and want to make sure they accept everything the first time.Can you elaborate on the explanation letter you gave them and whether it needs to be attested or notorized to hold value? or should i get the Urdu translation of my original English Nikah Nama,

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The member whom the poster quotes hasn't logged on to VJ since February, so a response is unlikely.  The current thread is now closed, and the most recent poster may start a new thread with his question.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.