SNAVegas

Negative Gross Adjusted Income on I-864

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, snahmed said:

Thank you kindly..I can contact my CPA who has been preparing my Tax Returns for  Decades & have him write a letter of explanation regarding my situation.  ( have others submitted letters from a CPA to explain their situations)

Social Security Benefits & Pensions do qualify as sources of Income to Sponsor your spouse for a visa ??  I have the SS Benefits Statement & also the Pension Benefits Letter. 

Yes, others have submitted letters from CPA's.  Yes, your sources as income qualify as sources.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Income (without this negative ) is on the low side (and getting a joint sponsor would be a good idea)

and SS income is not taxable and NVC only likes to consider the AGI (taxable)

i had issues as i live on an annuity which provides a good monthly income but taxes were paid on the invested money to buy the annuity and i am only liable for the interest plus my SSA is not taxable

i went to an attorney and he wrote  for me to have all my income considered 

With your income she would be eligible under the Affordable Care Act for marketplace insurance and you should check into these premiums and be prepared to show you can afford this

4 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, others have submitted letters from CPA's.  Yes, your sources as income qualify as sources.

Thank you for your kind response. The minus number on my AGI / Total Income line is actually a Credit available to me to offset any Taxable Income i have each year. So  e.g. my Social Security is Non Taxable but my Pension & Interest Income/ Dividends are Taxable.I don't pay any taxes on them because of the credit i have & the credit is reduced by the amount of Taxable income. The following year my available Credit is less. This will continue till i exhaust al of  the Credit that i have available on the AGI Line as a negative number. I hope i have explained this as besti can in laymans terms. 

23 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Income (without this negative ) is on the low side (and getting a joint sponsor would be a good idea)

and SS income is not taxable and NVC only likes to consider the AGI (taxable)

i had issues as i live on an annuity which provides a good monthly income but taxes were paid on the invested money to buy the annuity and i am only liable for the interest plus my SSA is not taxable

i went to an attorney and he wrote  for me to have all my income considered 

With your income she would be eligible under the Affordable Care Act for marketplace insurance and you should check into these premiums and be prepared to show you can afford this

Thank you for giving me an example of what happened in your situation & i will check into it further. So were you able to Sponsor the immigrant & National Visa Center accepted your documents ? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, snahmed said:

Thank you for giving me an example of what happened in your situation & i will check into it further. So were you able to Sponsor the immigrant & National Visa Center accepted your documents ? 

Yes,  my income is way above the needed but most is not taxable

and after NVC got the letter from the lawyer ,  the interview was scheduled.  he is now a citizen

1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

Yes,  my income is way above the needed but most is not taxable

and after NVC got the letter from the lawyer ,  the interview was scheduled.  he is now a citizen

Thank you again for your prompt response. So at first NVC did not accept your documents but upon receiving the letter of explanation from the attorney they did ? 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, snahmed said:

Thank you again for your prompt response. So at first NVC did not accept your documents but upon receiving the letter of explanation from the attorney they did ? 

yes, they don't like the untaxable income

and i didn't need to work as my SSA came from deceased spouse and we were buying the extra annuity 

2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

and i didn't need to work as my SSA came from deceased spouse and we were buying the extra annuity 

Thank you !! I may need the help of your attorney if my situation is not accepted by NVC. I am just in the preparation stage right now & gathering information so i can avoid any mistakes & learn from others with similar circumstances. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, snahmed said:

Thank you !! I may need the help of your attorney if my situation is not accepted by NVC. I am just in the preparation stage right now & gathering information so i can avoid any mistakes & learn from others with similar circumstances. 

this was a one time visit to my attorney and he filled out a form for only $300 (Atlanta lawyer)

5 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Would you be kind enough to provide me the name or the law firm that you used & a link if they have a website ? Since they have handled a similiar situation i may contact them if needed. Thank you in advance.

Timeline
1 hour ago, snahmed said:

Would you be kind enough to provide me the name or the law firm that you used & a link if they have a website ? Since they have handled a similiar situation i may contact them if needed. Thank you in advance.

i will look it up and send personal message / give me a day to go thru all my documents 

but mine is in Atlanta and you are in Nevada so how much help he would be ,?????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My recent tax return also did not qualify based on the same reason but I sent 6 months worth of paystub and 3 years prior tax returns, for you maybe 6 months source of income. I am a CPA so a letter from a CPA will not help. You can explain for yourself but best to have additional sources of income and show 6 months worth of souce income which it says you can when you fill out the form

12 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

i will look it up and send personal message / give me a day to go thru all my documents 

but mine is in Atlanta and you are in Nevada so how much help he would be ,?????

12 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Thank you so much you are too kind to go the extra mile to try & help me. Is there a personal message availability through Visa Journey ? I am seeking help for the 1st time. No harm in contacting them anyway & they may refer me to someone else possibly in Nevada. You said they filled a form for you ? Maybe the form has a name or reference number. 

2 minutes ago, kimisha said:

My recent tax return also did not qualify based on the same reason but I sent 6 months worth of paystub and 3 years prior tax returns, for you maybe 6 months source of income. I am a CPA so a letter from a CPA will not help. You can explain for yourself but best to have additional sources of income and show 6 months worth of souce income which it says you can when you fill out the form

So did you also have a minus ( negative) Total Income number on you Tax Return ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not negative but after business losses pretty much nothing. It did not qualify but my income is 70k so showing the 6 months source of income helped and past tax returns.

I also explained in my attachment that due to allowed business loss adjusted gross income was lower than actual income.

I did think about joint sponsor or assets but wanted to try the 6 months paystubs first.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.