Kedar

I-751 September 2020 Filers

1,310 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Muhammad Arman said:

Thanks but just checked the package its in transit can not change to express hopefully they will receive it before October 02 otherwise it will be a mess for me. 

I read as long as it is postmarked BEFORE the second you'll be ok

This final rule is effective Oct. 2, 2020. Any application, petition, or request postmarked on or after this date must include payment of the new, correct fees established by this final rule.

Edited by Bob in Boston

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bob in Boston said:

I read as long as it is postmarked BEFORE the second you'll be ok

This final rule is effective Oct. 2, 2020. Any application, petition, or request postmarked on or after this date must include payment of the new, correct fees established by this final rule.

Thank you so much for the information. 

On 9/23/2020 at 5:28 PM, Sugarlegetiti said:

Received a text today about my hubby case update. When I checked case status it says case transfered to new office. See below 

20200923_141601.jpg

Find out where your going yet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

Find out where your going yet?

Not yet anxiously waiting, hopefully by tomorrow or Wednesday 

Just now, Sugarlegetiti said:

Not yet anxiously waiting, hopefully by tomorrow or Wednesday 

ok, let us know. Don't be a stranger

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

ok, let us know. Don't be a stranger

I will update as soon as I receive the letter. I won't be a stranger 😀

We need some advice. We are sending the I-751. We are traveling out of the country on Friday, Oct. 2 and will return home on Oct. 11. My wife's CR 1 visa doesn't expire until Dec. 19. We are also keeping in mind of the fees increase amd trying to file in the 90 day window. So if we go ahead and send the packet tomorrow, are we safe that the biometrics appointment won't be scheduled until after Oct. 11? Should we wait to file perhaps on Thursday albeit the fees will be more. We are not as concerned about the fees as we are missing the biometrics. 

1 hour ago, HarryWL said:

I wish they'd hurry up and take payment from my CC, the wait is making me nervous haha. 

get a text yet?

6 hours ago, csh2020 said:

are we safe that the biometrics appointment won't be scheduled until after Oct. 11

I think you would be safe. Usually you get a text and check cashing about 7 days after they receive it, then a week after that your 797 with an extension shows up.  Two weeks after that my Biometrics letter showed up so it was about 23 days for me which is quick by todays standards. I think your safe

ok since we we filed for Removal of conditions, how long before we can file to become a citizen. N-400? I read somewhere that being married 3 years and you can file. is that correct. also have read that you can have I-751 and N-400 filed at the same time.

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

46 minutes ago, mighty836 said:

ok since we we filed for Removal of conditions, how long before we can file to become a citizen. N-400? I read somewhere that being married 3 years and you can file. is that correct. also have read that you can have I-751 and N-400 filed at the same time.

90 days before your 3rd green card anniversary, like a year from now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.