Kedar

I-751 September 2020 Filers

1,310 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Stiven26 said:

Hi @Alexmat1  Well mine was about 5 "thick, I used the 3" fasteners is the longest and I bought them online. I did not separate my documents. There is a trick or a secret for you to use 2 of 2 "and join them together. That way you don't separate the documents. I use two of 3" joined. 20 days I was organizing printing and assembling my package. I still use the highlighter but not in the forms only in my  personal documents. but they received it anyway with no problem,  all my copies were in color and high resolution. And with  highlighter.  

Thanks @Stiven26 for the response. I was thinking I was the only one wasting so much of time on this. I wish USCIS made all this online so a lot of man hours could be saved.. All this for just a one time read by USCIS officer ! and then its shredded or stuck in some storage and later shredded.. 

What is the trick to join them 😉 It can help many others here. If I can think of its if you use the two metal pieces as strings and then use the flat metal bar (that you usually use only on top) on either ends and bend the bend pieces that you used as strings into the metal bar. slide over the sliders. Is that what you did ? 

Thanks for the idea. Thats great creativity. 

You must make a youtube video, many would benefit and so would you (with the $$ from youtube) 🙂

1 minute ago, Alexmat1 said:

Thanks @Stiven26 for the response. I was thinking I was the only one wasting so much of time on this. I wish USCIS made all this online so a lot of man hours could be saved.. All this for just a one time read by USCIS officer ! and then its shredded or stuck in some storage and later shredded.. 

I hope as well. But with the pandemic, I don't think they would have any plans to cost more money to move this form online. Especially, even the form is not getting updated since last December haha

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2020 First of 90-day window
  • 09/14/2020 : Sent to USCIS Arizona Lockbox by UPS
  • 09/15/2020 : Arrived at Arizona Lockbox
  • 09/23/2020 : Receipt Msg, Service center: EAC
  • 09/25/2020 : NOA Received, dated 09/18/2020
  • 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied
  • 04/25/2021 : New Card Is Being Produced

N-400 --> Citizenship application (September 2021) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2021 First of 90-day window

3 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

Well so far for your text with the receipt # its taken a week for that. I am expecting our 18 month ext letter on the 14th ..... Watch the spread sheet. The Biometrics is unknown to all. You may get a waver { I read this may expire on sept first} or wait a few months until your local office catches up. I have read people waiting months for this.

Thanks @Bob in Boston. I have an impending need to travel. So once I get the I-797 how easy/hard is to get a Stamp on my passport or I-94 these days ? And is it advisable to travel and not wait for the Biometrics ? Can I be stopped at the borders on re entry if I dont have the biometrics done. I plan to travel for a month and I hope I dont get the biometrics in that time. If I get it, can I post pone it to a later date on the phone ? 

Just now, Alexmat1 said:

Thanks @Bob in Boston. I have an impending need to travel. So once I get the I-797 how easy/hard is to get a Stamp on my passport or I-94 these days ? And is it advisable to travel and not wait for the Biometrics ? Can I be stopped at the borders on re entry if I dont have the biometrics done. I plan to travel for a month and I hope I dont get the biometrics in that time. If I get it, can I post pone it to a later date on the phone ? 

Your i-797 itself is an extension letter for 18 months. Only in the case where your extension letter has expired and u still didn't get your 10yr green card, you need to make an appointment for the stamp on your passport

It is advised to stay for biometrics because you don't know when will they give you an appointment. Even though they won't stop you and say "You can't enter because you didn't do your biometrics" but it will certainly jeopardize your i-751 application. And I am not sure if you can postpone the appointment by saying that you are travelling.

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My husband received a text from uscis with receipt number.

Update 

9/03/20 : petition mailed via FedEX 

9/04/30: petition delivered phoenix lockbox 

9/11/20 : check pending early in the morning at 3AM ET

9/11/20:  text message received at 12:49 ET receipt # WAC XXXXXXXXX

Now the waiting to biometric begins.

3 hours ago, frank19910210 said:

Your i-797 itself is an extension letter for 18 months. Only in the case where your extension letter has expired and u still didn't get your 10yr green card, you need to make an appointment for the stamp on your passport

It is advised to stay for biometrics because you don't know when will they give you an appointment. Even though they won't stop you and say "You can't enter because you didn't do your biometrics" but it will certainly jeopardize your i-751 application. And I am not sure if you can postpone the appointment by saying that you are travelling.

I forgot to mention. My I 751 is a re application. I already applied with a divorce waiver, was denied because I didnt have the divorce decree in hand. So my GC is already expired. So if I get a extension letter it wont help me as there is nothing to extend. Thats why I would be getting a I -551 stamp

Got my I797 Today....... now for the Biometrics. See when that happens

Hello everyone! My GC expires on 11/30, so it is finally that time of the year! This forum has already helped me a lot. My husband and I were able to gather all the supporting documents yesterday and the envelope is ready to be sent tomorrow! 
Does anyone know if it would be possible to travel abroad in November and come back before the expiration date without issues, in case I don’t have the extension letter by then? Good luck to you all! 

41 minutes ago, debkennedy said:

Does anyone know if it would be possible to travel abroad in November and come back before the expiration date without issues, in case I don’t have the extension letter by then? Good luck to you all! 

Well I got my letter in 2 weeks, Don't know where your filing from but we have a spread sheet with most of the service centers . Keep an eye on it to give you an idea how long yours will take.  From what I've read you can travel up until the date your card expires.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
12 hours ago, debkennedy said:

Hello everyone! My GC expires on 11/30, so it is finally that time of the year! This forum has already helped me a lot. My husband and I were able to gather all the supporting documents yesterday and the envelope is ready to be sent tomorrow! 

If you send the package tomorrow like you said,  you will definitely have the extension letter before November.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

I was about to send  my package and while I was printing everything I realized that form I-751 that I downloaded from the   uscis official website is actually expired  12/31/2019 😳🤔 I downloaded from here https://www.uscis.gov/i-751 .I don't understand why they didn't update that.

From where did you guys downloaded your forms? 

23 minutes ago, Serbian.girl said:

I was about to send  my package and while I was printing everything I realized that form I-751 that I downloaded from the   uscis official website is actually expired  12/31/2019 😳🤔 I downloaded from here https://www.uscis.gov/i-751 .I don't understand why they didn't update that.

From where did you guys downloaded your forms? 

That’s the correct form, they haven’t updated it to a new one yet so we just continue to use that from. But keep an eye on the website each day until you send your package off Incase they do update it.

Hi guys, 

Have anyone of you ever had experience with UPS where you dropped the package and there are still no updates or any scan for 2 or 3 days?

I dropped my pacakge at Stpales on Saturday at 2 pm, and they say the UPS will go pick up at 4 pm. However, until today and there is no scan information only "Label created". I called UPS, and they say they can only do an investigation and nothing more.

Any advice pls? (Should I just mail again? Because UPS said they are not sure if this package is in transit without scan or simply lost. I don't know if it will delay my process if the lockbox receives two copies of I-751? ) And surely I can't just sit here and wait for their investigation

Edited by frank19910210

19 minutes ago, frank19910210 said:

Hi guys, 

Have anyone of you ever had experience with UPS where you dropped the package and there are still no updates or any scan for 2 or 3 days?

I dropped my pacakge at Stpales on Saturday at 2 pm, and they say the UPS will go pick up at 4 pm. However, until today and there is no scan information only "Label created". I called UPS, and they say they can only do an investigation and nothing more.

Any advice pls? (Should I just mail again? Because UPS said they are not sure if this package is in transit without scan or simply lost. I don't know if it will delay my process if the lockbox receives two copies of I-751? ) And surely I can't just sit here and wait for their investigation

I had an issue with UPS recently I ordered something and it was sent but it didn’t change in UPS system. 2 different times this happened in the last month. The company sent it out August 24 and nothing happened with the tracking until September 8. I don’t know if UPS system is having problems but If you can wait it might just be slow in updating the tracking. I mean if you need it to be there soon, then maybe resend it but like you said you don’t want them to have 2 of the same copies of your I-751. 

45 minutes ago, frank19910210 said:

Any advice pls?

Did you call or visit staples.... sounds like it never got into the system

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.