bszoom42

Direct filing now available for I-129F!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Now you can file straight to VSC or CSC for the I-129F depending on where you live. There is a notice about it here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/Up...iling062107.pdf

USCIS will accept Forms I-129F, I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-907 filed with the new “Direct Filing” location in advance of the July 30, 2007 effective date, that are otherwise properly filed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

OK but doesn't that slow everything down even more????? If I understood that correctly they will now only have VSC and CSC right? Or am I wrong and what it says is that (in our case) you apply for a K1 and will live in Olympia /WA you have to file at the Seattle Office?

Sorry getting a little tired over here so someone please explain this to me:

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Now you can file straight to VSC or CSC for the I-129F depending on where you live. There is a notice about it here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/Up...iling062107.pdf
USCIS will accept Forms I-129F, I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-907 filed with the new "Direct Filing" location in advance of the July 30, 2007 effective date, that are otherwise properly filed.

very important to note - Forms I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485, I-765 refer to employment based AOS applications. :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Can anyone verify the K1 Guide and or FAQ's on this? It looks like it covers this change without needing updated:

Mail the I-129F Package to the USCIS

Section 12 of the I-129F instructions lists where you should mail the completed form(s). If you live in the United States this will be the Service Center with jurisdiction over the petitioner's place of residence. Mail the package with return receipt requested / delivery confirmation. Send via USPS.

If you think any change is needed post your ideas.

The larger update next month will be ensuring that the guides cover the fee change. In general we always put something like "send the fee as listed on the form" however since some forms are now going to be more bundled in the cost then there may be more work needed. I will post a thread on the cost changes in the next few weeks.

Update:

The K3 guide will need updated to say to send to the Service Center that is applicable (one of the two for the I-129F). Currently policy is to send to the Chicago Lock Box.

If you spot anything else let me know! As the USCIS posts more information on this we can fugure out all the updates needed.

Edited by Captain Ewok

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.