os306

Double checking list of documents to bring to IR1 interview (DCF London)

33 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

So you may  take those forms provided by the tax preparer but be ready to explain she did not work in the US and does not have a W2

Similar to my wifes i-864 - we just attached the corresponding UK Wage slips. It wasn't even bought up in interview.

Also @os306  your checklist looks great! I am pretty sure I used your checklist you put up on here some months ago for my interview, and went smoothly! And just to confirm, they did ask for photocopies (I think it may be just DCF'ers?) but he did say no problem if not as they can photocopy. Also they didn't want wife's original birth certificate and no request for domicile. I took it all just in case, but wasn't asked.   

28 minutes ago, Morgan5698 said:

Similar to my wifes i-864 - we just attached the corresponding UK Wage slips. It wasn't even bought up in interview.

Also @os306  your checklist looks great! I am pretty sure I used your checklist you put up on here some months ago for my interview, and went smoothly! And just to confirm, they did ask for photocopies (I think it may be just DCF'ers?) but he did say no problem if not as they can photocopy. Also they didn't want wife's original birth certificate and no request for domicile. I took it all just in case, but wasn't asked.   

Awesome, glad the checklist came in handy for you :)

31 minutes ago, os306 said:

Awesome, glad the checklist came in handy for you :)

Indeed it did! Thanks! 

Interestingly my passport and visa just turned up randomly at my house but I never got a message from DX about tracking etc! Good job my wife was in! 

15 hours ago, Morgan5698 said:

Sounds like it’s DCF that gets physical envelopes then! 

6 hours ago, Melc said:

Sounds like it’s DCF that gets physical envelopes then!

Physical giant envelopes! This thing is huge! They could make it a bit more carry size friendly....

3 hours ago, Morgan5698 said:

Physical giant envelopes! This thing is huge! They could make it a bit more carry size friendly....

Yeah. I wound up carrying it on my carry on suitcase. No practical way of keeping with me otherwise! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, Morgan5698 said:

They could make it a bit more carry size friendly....

How?? It’s full of everything you have ever submitted to immigration. Just fold the excess envelope around the papers inside.

Hoping someone can confirm:

As indicated above, we are using a joint sponsor (who files single and has provided his tax return transcripts). He has also supplied 6 months of pay-stubs and an employment verification letter from his employer. Can I just confirm that because we are providing his tax transcript (instead of a tax return) that we do NOT need him to send us his W-2 form?

Timeline
13 hours ago, os306 said:

Hoping someone can confirm:

As indicated above, we are using a joint sponsor (who files single and has provided his tax return transcripts). He has also supplied 6 months of pay-stubs and an employment verification letter from his employer. Can I just confirm that because we are providing his tax transcript (instead of a tax return) that we do NOT need him to send us his W-2 form?

The reason for a W2 with photocopies  of the return is because anybody could fill out a fake return inflating income to provide immigration. The W2 with it verifies the income reported.  With a transcript, the IRS has verified it’s his factual return so is a stand alone document without needing his W2.  

Don’t forget to include proof he is a USC or LPR, which is required of joint sponsors.

Edited by Wuozopo

• 1 month later...

Ok, my turn to post our list.

1: Passport

2: Photographs

3: Marriage certificate (copy and original)

4: Hubby's Birth certificate (copy and original)

5: Police certificate (copy and original)

6: DS260 confirmation 

7: Appointment email confirmation

8: 864W with social security statements and 3 years of tax transcripts

I think that is everything we need to bring. Hubby is also taking a print out of the DOS site stating the DS5540 is not required just in case. We decided to fill out the 864W to include with our social security statements to show we understand that we are exempt from filing the I-864 form itself. 

Do we need to take my divorce decrees since they were provided with our I-130 application? I don't think so. 

Does it look like anything is missing? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

Ok, my turn to post our list.

Assuming you know the details but adding just in case. I am often surprised at how many don’t.
1: Passport with 6 months validity from expected entry 

2: Photographs US Passport size

4: Hubby's Birth certificate (copy and original) with parent names listed

7: Appointment email confirmation and courier confirmation

8: 864W with social security statements and 3 years of tax transcripts

Check out fee payment options so you bring the right kind of card.

Fees may be paid in cash – sterling or dollar equivalent; by International Money Order or Bankers Draft; Credit Card – Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, Discover or American Express; or Debit Card with the Visa logo. The Embassy does not accept any other credit or debit cards, or personal checks. 

1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

Assuming you know the details but adding just in case. I am often surprised at how many don’t.

Fees may be paid in cash – sterling or dollar equivalent; by International Money Order or Bankers Draft; Credit Card – Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, Discover or American Express; or Debit Card with the Visa logo. The Embassy does not accept any other credit or debit cards, or personal checks. 

Passport (no issue there) 

Photographs were done in US sized

Birth certificate (No issue there they are listed)

The email we are bringing includes the courier confirmation. (meant to include that when I posted. oops)

We've confirmed payment options, and have cards available of every type. So should be good there as well. :) So barring anything bizarre, I think we are good. 

Thanks Wuozopo!

On 10/3/2020 at 4:10 PM, Wuozopo said:

Definitely bring photocopies of all the certificates because they definitely asked for those (and kept them) on Thursday at my husband's interview.  Weirdly they never asked to see confirmation that we'd paid the courier, but obvs you should bring that.  I just mention it because my husband kept waiting for someone to ask to see it and was confused that they never did.  He asked the CO if she wanted to see it and she acted like she didn't know what he was talking about.

3 hours ago, The4Sands said:

Definitely bring photocopies of all the certificates because they definitely asked for those (and kept them) on Thursday at my husband's interview.  Weirdly they never asked to see confirmation that we'd paid the courier, but obvs you should bring that.  I just mention it because my husband kept waiting for someone to ask to see it and was confused that they never did.  He asked the CO if she wanted to see it and she acted like she didn't know what he was talking about.

Yep we have copies of all the certificates. 

When our time comes, I think I will copy everything then whittle down the pack of originals to ensure everything (?) is at hand. The whittled down pack of originals will reduce the weight, hopefully make it easier for the person conducting the interview and, most important, reduce the possibility of a hernia😂😂😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.