aazimban

Help. Interview scheduled but did not do medical exam yet.

6 posts in this topic

Get it ready before the interview. Call everywhere around you and see the timing. Better if you find a place where you can do the medical exam and the blood tests at once, because if you go 2 different places takes more time.  Mine was ready within a week. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, aazimban said:

Hey guys, I just got my interview letter. It is scheduled for August 19 but I don't get the medical exam ready yet. What should I do?

What Visa are you adjusting from? You posted on the K1 forum, so I'm assuming you're Adjusting from K1. If so, you don't need a new medical as long as you filed for AOS within 1 year of the foreign medical.

If you are adjusting from another visa, then you can still go to the interview if you don't have the medical ready. They will issue a RFE and you will have some time to finish the medical and send it to them. But run to get it done.

Timeline
3 hours ago, bradoony said:

Get it ready before the interview. Call everywhere around you and see the timing. Better if you find a place where you can do the medical exam and the blood tests at once, because if you go 2 different places takes more time.  Mine was ready within a week. 

Unfortunately, there's only one doctor do medical exam for immigration purposes. Others are more than 1 hour away from where I life. 

1 hour ago, Ayrton said:

What Visa are you adjusting from? You posted on the K1 forum, so I'm assuming you're Adjusting from K1. If so, you don't need a new medical as long as you filed for AOS within 1 year of the foreign medical.

If you are adjusting from another visa, then you can still go to the interview if you don't have the medical ready. They will issue a RFE and you will have some time to finish the medical and send it to them. But run to get it done.

Ops. I posted on wrong forum. I'm adjusting from F1 visa. Already made an appointment with the doctor. Thank you.

It is not critical and this actually happens more often than people know about. What will happen is that they will refuse your visa until the medical is received. Please note that this does not mean your visa is denied. A refusal will mean that they can't issue the visa because not all the information is available to correctly issue the visa. When they receive your medical results later, they will then issue a decision based on everything.

But by all means you should go to the interview and explain about not being able to do the medical as of yet. They will understand. Don't make the mistake of another poster who completely skipped the interview thinking that because he didn't do the medical he didn't have to go. Skipping a scheduled interview will almost guarantee a straight denial of a visa and you may have to start over from scratch.

Or you can try rescheduling the interview to a later date when you know you will have the medical done.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

**** Moved topic to Adjustment from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas section of the forum.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.