Jump to content
Mattgz14

I751 divorce waiver pending since 2016 but beginning of September I’m scheduled for n400 interview

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi people

Is there anyone had their i751-N400 combo interview with a divorce waiver?I have seen a lot of people did that but with their spouses.Is being a divorce waiver adds another requirement for an interview?(like two separate dates)Also do I need to get a notice that they will also do my i751 interview.The interview letter only mentions N400.

Edited by Mattgz14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/8/2020 at 10:41 PM, Mattgz14 said:

Hi people

Is there anyone had their i751-N400 combo interview with a divorce waiver?I have seen a lot of people did that but with their spouses.Is being a divorce waiver adds another requirement for an interview?(like two separate dates)Also do I need to get a notice that they will also do my i751 interview.The interview letter only mentions N400.

Hi,

Your post is more than a week old, so I'm not sure that you got an answer to your question.

 

I can't speak from experience regarding the divorce waiver, but I think the issue with your N-400 will come down to whether you applied based on the 3-year or 5-year rule. If you applied based on the 3-year rule, your N-400 might be rejected because it requires continuous marriage and residence with the person who you married for your original immigrant visa.

 

That being that case, you would have to wait and apply under the 5-year rule when eligible and at that point, no longer based on marriage. 

 

In the meantime, as you said your I-751 with divorce waiver is still pending. If you have strong evidence that the marriage was entered into in good faith despite not working out, it should be approved, which is your 10-year green card that will carry you, hopefully through the citizenship process when eligible.

 

I hope this helps a little.

 

Best of luck to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 9:41 PM, Mattgz14 said:

Hi people

Is there anyone had their i751-N400 combo interview with a divorce waiver?I have seen a lot of people did that but with their spouses.Is being a divorce waiver adds another requirement for an interview?(like two separate dates)Also do I need to get a notice that they will also do my i751 interview.The interview letter only mentions N400.

Do you have your Divorce decree ? if yes you will get approved for I751 with waiver. if no you wont get either one I-751 and N400.  to approved n-400 it requires approval of I-751. you wont get your citizenship with a I-751 filed with waiver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaaris said:

Do you have your Divorce decree ? if yes you will get approved for I751 with waiver. if no you wont get either one I-751 and N400.  to approved n-400 it requires approval of I-751. you wont get your citizenship with a I-751 filed with waiver.

Yes I do have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aburashid said:

Hi,

Your post is more than a week old, so I'm not sure that you got an answer to your question.

 

I can't speak from experience regarding the divorce waiver, but I think the issue with your N-400 will come down to whether you applied based on the 3-year or 5-year rule. If you applied based on the 3-year rule, your N-400 might be rejected because it requires continuous marriage and residence with the person who you married for your original immigrant visa.

 

That being that case, you would have to wait and apply under the 5-year rule when eligible and at that point, no longer based on marriage. 

 

In the meantime, as you said your I-751 with divorce waiver is still pending. If you have strong evidence that the marriage was entered into in good faith despite not working out, it should be approved, which is your 10-year green card that will carry you, hopefully through the citizenship process when eligible.

 

I hope this helps a little.

 

Best of luck to you.

I applied under 5 year rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...