Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'combo interview'.
Found 2 results
Hi Everyone! Hope all of you are doing well during the pandemic of Corona Virus! Here is my story, any suggestion or similar experience sharing are highly appreciated. Right now I have a pending I-751 for longer than a year (please refer to my posted timeline) and I submitted N-400 last month on Feb 5, 2020, hope to speed up the process of both I-751 and N-400. As you all know, in most of such cases there will be a combo interview scheduled in the next three months, while the interview could have been waived for an simple I-751 case if no N-400 get involved. Here comes the question, can I withdrawal the N-400 petition and keep the I-751 goes on as normal? How much chance a interview will still be scheduled for the I-751 in this scenario? The reason I am considering withdrawal the Naturalization Petition is because of the spreading of corona virus and the therefore caused racism led by Trump's administration discriminate against all Chinese by calling this virus "Chinese Virus". My relationship with my extremely right-wing US husband has been very fragile in the past three years, he basically hates all colored races and called them low class people, which is ironic because himself is Asian from Thailand and immigrate to the US in 80's by marrying an Caucasian US citizen (She divorced him after ten years marriage and two babies). My husband thinks I took advantage of him and this country because I obtained the green card through this marriage. Usually I try my best to avoid the arguments, but you can image how hard my life has been to deal with this. Oh by the way, I didn't set him up to marry me at all, he met me on the plane when I came to the US for business trip in 2016 and started courting me after that until we stepped into marriage six month later, we had a short loving period after marrying each other, and then all the racist comments starts show up. Long story short, right now he has been brain washed by Fox News everyday and called me VIRUS or yell at me "your country and your people are dirty, you Chinese spread the virus all over the world and you should get the hell out of this country." To be honest, I don't feel hurt anymore because those abusive words have been striking me constantly in the past few years, but my concern is, encouraged by the top leader of the country, this kind of racism and xenophobia will become more and more public and common. I doubt if the US will still be the diversified and inclusive country as I know that protect freedom of speech and human rights as always, especially under the administration of current government and president who is good at bragging about himself and blaming others. The dilemma I face is, I have to give up my Chinese Citizenship to become US citizen, which is a hard decision for me but I made my choice, but that was couple months ago before the explosion of the epidemic. Now I am worried about two things: First, if there is an interview scheduled for I-751, my US husband will not participate and I can hardly explain to the USCIS officer why he doesn't show. Second, even if I pass the interview and eventually get the US citizenship, the widely spread discrimination against Chinese in the US will make me suffer from every aspect of my life. So, back to the original question, do you think it is possible to withdrawal the N-400 petition and keep the I-751 case going on as normal? How much chance a interview will still be scheduled for the I-751 in this scenario? Is anybody been through the same situation before? Thank you for any helpful suggestions.
Has anyone had an interview at Montgomery or New Orleans recently? Or anyone with the same field office? My estimated time went up and I don't know what could be causing it😔 My extension on I-751 is about to expire and I'm way out of processing time on I-751. Is it some kind of new changes USCIS is introducing?