MadamEspazien

NO Archival Marriage Certificate!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Just found out this morning, (2 days from submitting our I-130!) our civil marriage certificate won't be sent to the archives until next April. The registrar said even if he were to send it now for us they would send it back to him because they only accept them once a year. So disappointed!! Is there anything we can do? Wouldn't submitting now be a waste and by next year all our paperwork will be old?

Timeline

You won’t need it until NVC anyways so you have time..... Same thing happened to me. Also depends what page you are in book..... Just tell your spouse when it hits about 6 months after your marriage start going to the Archives and just start bothering them.... that is what my husband did but you have to until the year is done before you start bothering them...no it won’t be old they gave you a attestation of marriage  With seal of the civil servant in charge. you can go ahead and use that when you sent the i130

Edited by Fmert001

Timeline
10 hours ago, Fmert001 said:

You won’t need it until NVC anyways so you have time..... Same thing happened to me. Also depends what page you are in book..... Just tell your spouse when it hits about 6 months after your marriage start going to the Archives and just start bothering them.... that is what my husband did but you have to until the year is done before you start bothering them...no it won’t be old they gave you a attestation of marriage  With seal of the civil servant in charge. you can go ahead and use that when you sent the i130

Thank You! In that case I am filing tomorrow as planned! 

Timeline

This is the big book i was saying that comes around it's better if you know someone to get it faster we paid in nov they told me i can file with the one they give us that we talked about they didn't except mine nor my friends. we both got RFEs for not having the one from national archive. I know Fmert001 has help me a lot on here and she was lucky because now USCIS is asking for the national archive marriage cert. I filed in Jan 2019 got my notice in May sent in another paper from the national archive and they denied that i couldn't and didn't get my orginal until sept that's when i had to refile 3 cases and start over same service center but a slower process from the first time but i was approved. So just hope and pray you get someone nice to let you through with out the marriage cert from national archive.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Justus Forever said:

This is the big book i was saying that comes around it's better if you know someone to get it faster we paid in nov they told me i can file with the one they give us that we talked about they didn't except mine nor my friends. we both got RFEs for not having the one from national archive. I know Fmert001 has help me a lot on here and she was lucky because now USCIS is asking for the national archive marriage cert. I filed in Jan 2019 got my notice in May sent in another paper from the national archive and they denied that i couldn't and didn't get my orginal until sept that's when i had to refile 3 cases and start over same service center but a slower process from the first time but i was approved. So just hope and pray you get someone nice to let you through with out the marriage cert from national archive.

Yes. We are going to keep checking around the start of the year until we get the Archive copy. The man told us we should def have it by April. I was advised in another group to file now with what I have, knowing they will request the document later. Since they usually take more than 6 months to look at the case before they give a REF we should have time to obtain it. I know things are moving more slowly now too. I am definitely praying! Thank you 🙏  

Timeline
8 minutes ago, MadamEspazien said:

Yes. We are going to keep checking around the start of the year until we get the Archive copy. The man told us we should def have it by April. I was advised in another group to file now with what I have, knowing they will request the document later. Since they usually take more than 6 months to look at the case before they give a REF we should have time to obtain it. I know things are moving more slowly now too. I am definitely praying! Thank you 🙏  

yes that's what i agreed on file now and just stay on someone

Timeline
12 hours ago, Justus Forever said:

yes that's what i agreed on file now and just stay on someone

The local registrar told my husband he can't send the papers in whenever he wants he has to wait for the date he's supposed to. Is that true? I know you said a friend might be able to make that happen faster for us if we had someone. So I am wondering if, with enough persuasion, he CAN actually send them in as he wishes.   

Timeline
9 hours ago, MadamEspazien said:

The local registrar told my husband he can't send the papers in whenever he wants he has to wait for the date he's supposed to. Is that true? I know you said a friend might be able to make that happen faster for us if we had someone. So I am wondering if, with enough persuasion, he CAN actually send them in as he wishes.   

our official sent our papers in 2 weeks after our wedding because everyone had to sign. Your husband wouldn't send the papers your official would send the papers so when the book comes to your area of haiti the official will sign off on it, but the papers will alreaady be in pap waiting for a number you will have to push him and make sure he sent the papers. then find someone you trust to help push it along.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Justus Forever said:

our official sent our papers in 2 weeks after our wedding because everyone had to sign. Your husband wouldn't send the papers your official would send the papers so when the book comes to your area of haiti the official will sign off on it, but the papers will alreaady be in pap waiting for a number you will have to push him and make sure he sent the papers. then find someone you trust to help push it along.

I'm sorry, I meant the registrar (the official) told my husband that he himself (the official) can't send the papers until the month he is supposed to. I am just wondering, if that is true... then even if he sends them they will send them back to him until the proper time. This is what he told us. I read on the embassy website that the Archives makes a document available 3 days after they have the civil document in hand. So then whenever the papers are sent to PAP by the official the extrat becomes available three days later? Sorry for so many questions! I'm just a little confused at how this all works. 🤦‍♀️ 

Timeline

Good Morning,

no that is not true unless there is a difference in the officials i was married in church and our pastor signed days later the official, my husband and I and our witnesses i was married 11/24 the papers were in pap after all the signing by 12/13.Sent in by the official after pastor gave the last and correction look over. my husband had to go and get it because we needed it for the RFE we ended up having 2 because we paid and the other didn't come until after april. you can not go by the time frame on anything in haiti. With haiti it's a need to know and who you know to get around things. the document made to archives is the same copies all that marry in haiti get but it's not what they ask for during immigration. yes the book comes out once a year in april. note nothing is fast in haiti unless you stay on them not us as the usc but our spouses

Timeline

it's ok about the questions we all have plenty and will continue to have plenty. i always say it's best to ask if i went through it i can answer

Timeline
On 8/17/2020 at 9:09 PM, Brayan Manigat said:

Hi im from haiti port au prince

we are on the same boat
I would like to know if the embassy ahiti is open
do you know the date when the US embassy haiti will be open?

Hi Brayan, I don't know if the embassy in PAP is open or not.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.