A.R

I-130 address history

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I and my wife are newly married and lived together only for few weeks when I visited her. I'm just wondering if i should indicate her address where we lived together among addresses where I lived in the last 5 years.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No.

That is, no, unless you actually moved there - moved out of your US home/apt, changed address at work/bank/credit cards/utilities (phone bills).

You would enter the address as your wife's address as part of her information.

The purpose of your address history is to check that you have residence in the US and to perform a background check on you.

1 hour ago, A.R said:

I'm just wondering if i should indicate her address where we lived together among addresses where I lived in the last 5 years.

No. Do NOT put that address in Page 2 of I-130.

Reminder that she needs to fill-out I-130A Spouse supplement: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-130a.pdf On Page 1 of that supplement she'll provide her address history.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
49 minutes ago, HRQX said:

No. Do NOT put that address in Page 2 of I-130.

Reminder that she needs to fill-out I-130A Spouse supplement: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-130a.pdf On Page 1 of that supplement she'll provide her address history.

I'm gonna do online petition instead of actual paper forms. do I still have to submit I-130 a?  

32 minutes ago, A.R said:

I'm gonna do online petition instead of actual paper forms. do I still have to submit I-130 a?  

Yes, you will upload it. Eventually it's going to ask you: "For whom are you filing this petition? Select the relationship the beneficiary has to you (e.g., if the beneficiary is your parent, select "Parent")." When you select "Spouse" it says the following:

You selected you are petitioning for a spouse
You will need to upload the Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary (I-130A) as a part of the evidence for this application.

If she is currently outside of the US then she doesn't have to sign it, but it still needs to be uploaded. Later in the Evidence upload section:

Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary (I-130A)

If you are filing for your spouse, he or she must complete and sign Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary (I-130A). If your spouse is overseas, the I-130A must still be completed, but your spouse does not have to sign the I-130A.

File upload icon
Drag files here or choose a file
Maximum size: 6MB per file
Accepted formats: JPG, JPEG, PDF, TIF, or TIFF
No encrypted or password-protected files

Attaching your files
Use a scanner or take pictures of each document. Make sure each image you attach is clear and that all text is readable.

Translations
If your documents are in a foreign language, upload an English translation along with the original.

Edited by HRQX

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
34 minutes ago, A.R said:

So, I should answer NO, we never lived together..??

Correct.  You visited.  You did not reside at the same address.  It's OK.  Most of the members here never lived with their spouse or fiancee until after they got their visas.  It's just a question, not a requirement.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.