Angelinaaa

Ciudad Juarez interviews ???

442 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

Yeah. Perhaps I'm biased cause I'm in Mexico but what's the urgency for those who are not separated and waiting for their appt in the US? 

I have never been able to live with my husband 😥 other than a few couple's weeks visits here and there.

Is it maybe that they/you haven't been back in Mexico for years and are just waiting for the interview to do that? 

Yeah... I really don't like the "us versus them" feeling when we're all in the same situation.

I just want them to process visas as they have in the past. If anyone feels like their case should be prioritized, then they may want to consider applying for an emergency interview.

Timeline

I'm not sure why no one is happy with the *news*. Any progress at this point after 9 months of no regular interviews is good and at least more people are gonna be having their visas processed. That means the queue in front of all of us is getting shorter.

Also they gotta start somewhere and that is with people who's interviews were cancelled and are in Mexico. Travel is not prohibited but also not encouraged to Juarez due to covid so maybe that's why people in the US are not having their interviews scheduled? 

Might be a blessing in disguise.  

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Timeline
6 hours ago, MexicoExpat said:

This also got me excited, but the announcement clearly states they should be in Mexico AND need an expedited appointment. 

Source: https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/ciudad-juarez/visas-2/visaprocessing2020/

If this is true, it's not much different than before when it was needed to apply for the emergency/expedited appointment. 

that is not correct, many people have claimed they did not expedite but their interview was cancelled in March/April and it was scheduled by the Consulate for December 2020/January 2021. I repeat these people are not sending inquiries or expedites. 

I think the announcement is just to discourage people from sending yet more expedites/inquiries. 

I've read things like *I was approved after my 8th inquiry*. 😣

Timeline
17 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

that is not correct, many people have claimed they did not expedite but their interview was cancelled in March/April and it was scheduled by the Consulate for December 2020/January 2021. I repeat these people are not sending inquiries or expedites. 

I think the announcement is just to discourage people from sending yet more expedites/inquiries. 

I've read things like *I was approved after my 8th inquiry*. 😣

On that note I have also seen people who are in the US being assigned interviews without expediting. I honestly believe these people more than I believe the press release on the Consulate website. Keep checking those facebook groups everyone ! 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, In4theJourney said:

Thank you Juliet, your positive posts have kept me somewhat sane during these times. 

It gives me a sense of control to keep doing my own research and investigating what other's people cases are like and what they are going through, but I get anxious too specially when I'm swamped at work and just feel like quitting 😂 but it would be stupid to quit now with the pandemic and still having months of waiting ahead for the visa

On 12/3/2020 at 7:47 PM, AnaCarolina said:

Guys! @Juliet57 was right! We just got the mail with our new interview for January 15th in Ciudad Juarez!!! (Our interview was originally schedule for April 19th). 

I hope this keep moving 😊

What date was your case close?. Also where are you awaiting for the appointment? 

Edited by Liz89

Timeline
On 12/9/2020 at 7:48 AM, Liz89 said:

What date was your case close?. Also where are you awaiting for the appointment? 

Hey! Our case closed on May 15, 2019. I am waiting in México, I live here.

Timeline
On 12/10/2020 at 4:41 PM, AnaCarolina said:

Hey! Our case closed on May 15, 2019. I am waiting in México, I live here.

Your original interview date was April 19th but Case Closed May 15th???

Timeline
1 hour ago, Babu Frik said:

Your original interview date was April 19th but Case Closed May 15th???

Their case closed May 15th, 2019 and interview was April 19th, 2020 but cancelled because of covid

Timeline
2 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

Thanks

It must be so stressful not knowing if they're going to cancel again or not and having to book travel

@Juliet57 is correct, our interview took 11 months from our Case Closed. 

We booked the flights and hotel as soon as we got our new date. We are trying to look at the silver linings and working with the certainties that we have right now in order to avoid extra stress. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, AnaCarolina said:

We booked the flights and hotel as soon as we got our new date. We are trying to look at the silver linings and working with the certainties that we have right now in order to avoid extra stress. 

Yeah I guess it's stress either way.

Best of luck!

1 hour ago, AnaCarolina said:

We booked the flights and hotel as soon as we got our new date. We are trying to look at the silver linings and working with the certainties that we have right now in order to 

Congratulations 

Edited by Liz89

Timeline
1 hour ago, AnaCarolina said:

I'm sure your interview will go great and won't be cancelled, sending good vibes!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.