Angelinaaa

Ciudad Juarez interviews ???

442 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

NVC Expedited my case to CDJ Consulate in June 2017. Filed I601-A afterwards twice and got approved May 2020. I think my priority date is 09/2013 because my case starts with CDJ2013, yes my case has been this long. What is the cc and cq dates people are talking about? I keep checking the website https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv to schedule an appointment but none comes up at all (I have checked since I got my USCIS I601-A waiver approved), I even call and they don't have an interview. My son was expedited the same in June 2017 and got his interview through the AIS Visa website on Sept 2018. How are they handling interviews and appointments now?

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 5.15.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 5.05.21 PM.png

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Somebunny1977 said:

NVC Expedited my case to CDJ Consulate in June 2017. Filed I601-A afterwards twice and got approved May 2020. I think my priority date is 09/2013 because my case starts with CDJ2013, yes my case has been this long. What is the cc and cq dates people are talking about? I keep checking the website https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv to schedule an appointment but none comes up at all (I have checked since I got my USCIS I601-A waiver approved), I even call and they don't have an interview. My son was expedited the same in June 2017 and got his interview through the AIS Visa website on Sept 2018. How are they handling interviews and appointments now?

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 5.15.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 5.05.21 PM.png

Case closed is when NVC notified you that you were documentarily qualified, that puts you in the queue for an interview, I don't know how the i601 plays into that.

It looks like you have to schedule your own interview in comparison to others who have their scheduled by the consulate. You have to keep checking the page all day and check for slots to open.

Sometimes there are cancellations. The last week of the month is when they usually release new batches.

Timeline

Our case ( CC sept 2020) was expedited on november 3, it change the status from "At NVC" to "In transit". And then on november 10 it changed to "Ready". We called the embassy that day and they said we didn't have an appointment yet but we should be getting one soon. When do you think we should be getting the interview appointment? In FB groups some say it could take up to 2 months but it seem it varies, just in case we have started gathering all the documents just in case.

event.png

Timeline
7 hours ago, kanako said:

Our case ( CC sept 2020) was expedited on november 3, it change the status from "At NVC" to "In transit". And then on november 10 it changed to "Ready". We called the embassy that day and they said we didn't have an appointment yet but we should be getting one soon. When do you think we should be getting the interview appointment? In FB groups some say it could take up to 2 months but it seem it varies, just in case we have started gathering all the documents just in case.

No one can tell you that, as you saw it can vary, but you've done the right thing by gathering your docs. They'll also send you something with the documents you need. Make sure you have your financial info ready for this year since you won't have 2020 taxes yet. Many people have gotten notice with 2 weeks or less, but I would call back in a few weeks. My guestimate is that you'd have an interview later in December or January.

Timeline
On 11/15/2021 at 10:41 PM, kanako said:

I have the same dates. I called the US consulate at  DCJ today and they told me they do have my case but no appointment yet. They said they would "escalate" my case  (whatever that means) and that I should call in a few days to see if I have an appointment.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Jennifer Meza said:

I'm getting so anxious! looks like they started October cc dates! I hope they continue at this pase ! My cc is the first week of November! 

October 2020, for the separated couples 

I've been trying to track things but it seems a little crazy right now,  looks like there's a mix of old cases,  and trying to keep up with where they left off. I did see 2 for October 2020. I was hoping they would do October this month and we'd hear something in January,  but they might take a while to get through October.  

Either way,  looks like we should be getting interviews by early spring

I'm 2 weeks after you,  so I'll be watching. 

5 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

I've been trying to track things but it seems a little crazy right now,  looks like there's a mix of old cases,  and trying to keep up with where they left off. I did see 2 for October 2020. I was hoping they would do October this month and we'd hear something in January,  but they might take a while to get through October.  

Either way,  looks like we should be getting interviews by early spring

I'm 2 weeks after you,  so I'll be watching. 

I really hope so !!! 

Timeline

I checked our case status this monday (just like everyday haha) and it got updated so we called and they told us we don't have an appointment yet. We called again yesterday and they confirmed we have an interview scheduled! We are beyond excited! Our interview will be on January 31st, 2022 so we have enough time to prepare for the interview! I'm not sure when we will get the confirmation email, I've read in FB groups that they usually get it 2 weeks before the interview? Is that true?

When can we schedule the medical appointment and fingerprints appointment? Do they have to be right before the interview or can be like a week before?

It seems many more people are getting their interview dates this week too.

Edited by kanako

event.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, kanako said:

I checked our case status this monday (just like everyday haha) and it got updated so we called and they told us we don't have an appointment yet. We called again yesterday and they confirmed we have an interview scheduled! We are beyond excited! Our interview will be on January 31st, 2022 so we have enough time to prepare for the interview! I'm not sure when we will get the confirmation email, I've read in FB groups that they usually get it 2 weeks before the interview? Is that true?

When can we schedule the medical appointment and fingerprints appointment? Do they have to be right before the interview or can be like a week before?

It seems many more people are getting their interview dates this week too.

yeah the letters come late, don't wait on it, you'll have to print out the email, it's a good thing you called.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

My case has been in "Ready" status since Nov 10. Today I called the consulate in CDJ and they told me I have the interview scheduled for Feb 8, 2022

Timeline
3 hours ago, trac3rt said:

My case has been in "Ready" status since Nov 10. Today I called the consulate in CDJ and they told me I have the interview scheduled for Feb 8, 2022

Congrats.

Seems like they're doing a mix of old and newer cases.

Crazy February is already filling up.

On 12/30/2021 at 1:37 PM, trac3rt said:

My case has been ready since November 9. I called and my appointment is February 1, but i still have not received the email. Do you have your other appointments dates for fingerprints and exam?

Timeline
1 hour ago, ADI_LPZ said:

My case has been ready since November 9. I called and my appointment is February 1, but i still have not received the email. Do you have your other appointments dates for fingerprints and exam?

No, not yet. I am waiting for the email confirmation.

you can schedule your medial exam now, if you want to. you dont need the email confirmation to schedule the medical exam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.