TBoneTX

COVID and the Red States

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Interesting charts and possible reasons behind the disparities.  Comments?

COVID and the Red States

by Antonio R. Chaves - August 5, 2020

First some slightly bad news for the red states: The COVID-19 death rate has increased significantly in many states.  However, the death rate in even the worst-affected red states is still well below that of most of their progressive counterparts that remained closed [...]

Continues here: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/08/covid_and_the_red_states.html  

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Politics has nothing to do with the death rate. Red states tend to be much less populated than progressive states, hence lower infection rate. And where did the data originate from? The author doesn't post sources other than his "corona excel presentation," which suspiciously excludes "all states where less than 10% of population is African Americans". 

Another bad science article laced with politics, but particularly of bad faith. 

Edited by pablo2752

32 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Welcome to America.  Even some of our cats are invited to vote.

My sister has a cat, but he is too lazy to even scratch a box. 

On a serious note, voter fraud is overblown if it even exists at all. An article that Mr. Trump cited that there is a serious need for upgrading voter list,  which is true, as it states that there are 1.8 million voters that are present even after their death, but it in no way means that those 1.8 million dead people used wiccan spell to possess ninjas to vote for them. A number of voter fraud claim has been proven to have no merits such as South Carolina's 2010 election where the attorney general claimed there were 958 votes by dead people but the State Election Commission declared it incorrect. 

Also, as a person who does data analysis for part of his living, I want to say this Anthony Chavez person needs to go back to high school and re-take AP Stats again if he even cares. 

Filed: Timeline
4 minutes ago, pablo2752 said:

My sister has a cat, but he is too lazy to even scratch a box. 

On a serious note, voter fraud is overblown if it even exists at all. An article that Mr. Trump cited that there is a serious need for upgrading voter list,  which is true, as it states that there are 1.8 million voters that are present even after their death, but it in no way means that those 1.8 million dead people used wiccan spell to possess ninjas to vote for them. A number of voter fraud claim has been proven to have no merits such as South Carolina's 2010 election where the attorney general claimed there were 958 votes by dead people but the State Election Commission declared it incorrect. 

Also, as a person who does data analysis for part of his living, I want to say this Anthony Chavez person needs to go back to high school and re-take AP Stats again if he even cares. 

And what about the families of said dead voters who might not be honest enough to NOT vote for dead auntie Clara?  

And then there's the throwing away of mail-in ballots.  No way of knowing how many happen.

NJ lost 1-in-5 ballots

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/06/26/1_in_5_ballots_rejected_as_fraud_is_charged_in_nj_mail-in_election_143551.html

Read elsewhere that NY lost 1-in-4 ballots

While one may argue that those numbers "aren't many in the big scheme of things"... imagine if you and your entire family were among those votes that did not count.  Is THAT fair?

Edited by Voice of Reason

Dang man, give me some time to read the sources. 

I read the RPC article, the supporting links from INsiderNY and NBC NY, AND a follow up article here. Shalique and other three have been arrested for voter fraud. Justice served! 

While one may argue that those numbers "aren't many in the big scheme of things"... imagine if you and your entire family were among those votes that did not count.  Is THAT fair?

Yes, I would be mad too( I can't vote). However, if NJ as a whole is working for democrats cheating the system, surely this would have been dusted under the floor, right? 4 councilemen, not even house of representative or senate, shouldn't be the reason to say "democrats are lying and cheating on votes!" NC(my state) recently had voter fraud charges against GOP operative 

As for your AP news, to me this is nothing more than an amusing, bittersweet piece. Nowhere it says that they voted with their dead cat's name. For example, just because I got someone else's amazon gift card in my box, doesn't mean I used it right? By the way, this seems to be derailing very soon so we can talk over the PM 

Edited by pablo2752

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, pablo2752 said:

Dang man, give me some time to read the sources. 

I read the RPC article, the supporting links from INsiderNY and NBC NY, AND a follow up article here. Shalique and other three have been arrested for voter fraud. Justice served! 

Yes, I would be mad too( I can't vote). However, if NJ as a whole is working for democrats cheating the system, surely this would have been dusted under the floor, right? 4 councilemen, not even house of representative or senate, shouldn't be the reason to say "democrats are lying and cheating on votes!" NC(my state) recently had voter fraud charges against GOP. 

As for your AP news, to me this is nothing more than an amusing, bittersweet piece. Nowhere it says that they voted with their dead cat's name. For example, just because I got someone else's amazon gift card in my box, doesn't mean I used it right? By the way, this seems to be derailing very soon so we can talk over the PM 

No, no one in the cat's family voted fraudulently.  It is rather humorous to even think that this could happen.

But please don't put your head in the sand.  Voting fraud DOES exist.  Has every year that I have been politically aware.  Voting machines can be hacked and votes changed.  People have their party affiliation changed without their approval, rendering them unable to vote in primaries.  Votes are "lost".  Postal workers make changes: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/26/thomas-cooper-postal-worker-faces-mail-voting-frau/ 

Not saying any of these are huge by themselves.  But added up, more than a few people's votes are being rendered useless.  Fraudulent, or unjust, the result is the same.

Admittedly, I was unclear myself...what I meant was two things: one, voting fraud is overblown, and two, it's disproportionately done by democrats, like how Mr. Trump says there are lots and lots of voting fraud which is why he opposes mail-in voting. You seem to agree that they are not as big, either. What I find bizarre is that the mainstream rumor that the voting fraud is done by democrats and democrats only. Even some commentors in the news still bash on democrats - which is obviously not true, even the article you cite says: 

"Thomas Cooper, 47, admitted to changing information on the requests for ballots — including five where he switched the party primary from Democrat to Republican, according to investigators. He told them it was a joke."

Pleasantly enough, the Secretary of State at WV who uncovered this fraud was a Republican, which shows the great integrity he has...wish NC had more people like him. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Not saying any of these are huge by themselves.  But added up, more than a few people's votes are being rendered useless.  Fraudulent, or unjust, the result is the same.

and is this just the tip of the iceberg?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!