itsmahmed

Interview cancelled due to Covid-19, what next?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My mother had interview on 11 April 2020 and had her Medical Done on: 22 March 2020 but later, interview was cancelled on last week of the March due to Covid-19 and embassy  (Islamabad Pakistan) informed this through email. They also mentioned that the medical will be expired within 6 month.

I wonder what should I do? How can I bring my mother to USA. Interview was probably last step and she suppose to be in USA. Should I writeInsert other media to embassy or just for the new interview date?

IR5 visa issuance is currently suspended under the presidential proclamations of April 22 and June 23, until at least next year, so she won’t be interviewing before then. Wait for notice of rescheduled interview before redoing medical, or it might just expire again.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Sorry, there is nothing you can do except wait.

The presidential EO bans issuing IR-5 visas until 2021.  The US Embassy will not schedule interviews until the ban is over next year.  At that time, you can contact the US Embassy for more information about a new medical and reschedule the interview.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you for your information. I am keeping track of my parents' file as well; I filed them on March 08 and havent heard anything about I-130 approval yet. As your information, the visa for IR5 is banned till next year, so what happens to I130 filing for parents? is it still processing or banned? 

FYI: although I filed from California, my files were sent to Texas office for reviewing (no idea why)

Please help. Thank you!

18 minutes ago, JessieDao said:

Thank you for your information. I am keeping track of my parents' file as well; I filed them on March 08 and havent heard anything about I-130 approval yet. As your information, the visa for IR5 is banned till next year, so what happens to I130 filing for parents? is it still processing or banned? 

FYI: although I filed from California, my files were sent to Texas office for reviewing (no idea why)

Please help. Thank you!

Processing still takes place. Although NVC says it is giving priority to non-banned case types, reports from VJ suggest that everything is processing faster than usual.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
22 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Processing still takes place. Although NVC says it is giving priority to non-banned case types, reports from VJ suggest that everything is processing faster than usual.

Wonderful... 

I just hope the I-130 is not banned...In fact, for a whole of process for bringing parents to the US, the I-130 takes us the longest time for waiting. With that info you provide, I can wipe sweats 😊 and wait till Sept/Oct to get the good news from USCIS. 

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.