Stein

Who is at NVC and waiting for an appointment?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Who else is waiting for their appointment in Vietnam?  Other countries have thier own consulate-specific threads.  I thought I would start one for Vietnam.

My wife and her daughter were DQ June 1.  I have not applied for an expedite.  I am actually hoping for an appointment no earlier than January since we plan to move in June 2021 after the school year ends.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Stein said:

Who else is waiting for their appointment in Vietnam?  Other countries have thier own consulate-specific threads.  I thought I would start one for Vietnam.

My wife and her daughter were DQ June 1.  I have not applied for an expedite.  I am actually hoping for an appointment no earlier than January since we plan to move in June 2021 after the school year ends.

I got DQ on July 23rd and waiting too. I have not seen anyone been schedule beside people who has the appointment cancelled previously or those who expedite.

We received DQ July 8th, still anxiously awaiting interview date. I think they are still waiting through backfill from cancellations(my wife is in some vietnamese facebook groups for this). Likewise, I've only seen people expedited have interviews as well. Hopefully the virus resurgence in Vietnam doesn't close the consulate again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sorry what is DQ?

We had our packet 3 sent to my fiance in March, then a week or so later the consulate closed down.

We are still waiting to hear anything from them.

Timeline
On 8/4/2020 at 12:19 AM, Justin & Nhi said:

We received DQ July 8th, still anxiously awaiting interview date. I think they are still waiting through backfill from cancellations(my wife is in some vietnamese facebook groups for this). Likewise, I've only seen people expedited have interviews as well. Hopefully the virus resurgence in Vietnam doesn't close the consulate again. 

They are not closing as of yet but they have cut back on appointments again until it gets figured out. This round of virus seems to be much more contagious than before and they still have not located the first person who brought it back in.

I am living here waiting for my wife and son.s paperwork to be finished at NVC, I get daily updates from the Embassy here again now because of the virus.

Timeline
6 hours ago, FU-MY said:

Sorry what is DQ?

We had our packet 3 sent to my fiance in March, then a week or so later the consulate closed down.

We are still waiting to hear anything from them.

DQ is Documentarily Qualified.  The NVC sends you a letter that says this:

Dear XXXXX,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas.

NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in HO CHI MINH CITY, VTNM to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable).

Please do NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until you have received an immigrant visa from the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview. Please visit https://nvc.state.gov/prep for information about immigrant visa interviews.

Regards,
National Visa Center,
U.S. Department of State
https://nvc.state.gov/ask

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 8/5/2020 at 10:15 AM, FU-MY said:

Thank you NotAFish.

Yes, we did get this message sometime in March...

I don't think they're doing K-1 visas yet. Ours is still a NVC and after we asked to expedite for medical reasons their reply at NVC said they are not sending these to the embassies because of the Covid crisis. I quote:

At this time, due to COVID-19 concerns, all US Embassies and Consulate Generals have suspended routine visa services. The NVC will not forward K-1 petitions to the appropriate US Embassy or Consulate General until they resume routine visa services. Routine visa services will resume as soon as possible, but we cannot provide a specific date.

It goes on to say that even request for cases to be expedited cannot be forwarded to the appropriate Embassy nor Consulate. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, craig5977 said:

Good Luck to everyone but Vietnam just closed all airports until maybe next year to control the spread of the virus.

I live in Vietnam and just reviewed all local news sources and the official governmet website and have noted nothing of the sort.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.