Stein

Who is at NVC and waiting for an appointment?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 hours ago, Stein said:

I live in Vietnam and just reviewed all local news sources and the official governmet website and have noted nothing of the sort.

I also live in Vietnam with my wife and son, my wife told me about it today, I guess is all international flights, domestic ones are still going, I will ask her what site posted it

Timeline
6 hours ago, craig5977 said:

I also live in Vietnam with my wife and son, my wife told me about it today, I guess is all international flights, domestic ones are still going, I will ask her what site posted it

Oh, international flights has been closed since March 22.  That's nothing new, as well as how long until they resume.  I don't think anyone anticipated normal flights to resume until there is a vaccine.  The only flights that have moved in the last four months are repatriation flights for citizens to come home and repatriation flights to US or other countries which are chartered flights.  There have also been some chartered flights to bring specialized workers to Vietnam that are specifically approved by the VN goverment.  

Domestic are normal.  I just went to Con Dao Island to go fishing three weeks ago and family I went to Phu Quoc Island for holdiday two weeks ago.

Edited by Stein

I asked my friend who is travel agency and he told me you can flight out of Vietnam. Connection flights need to choose South Korea or Japan if possible as they allow to connect to US. There is something new that they will sell out all the seats but only half of people can flight due to social distancing. The rest of people will need to go home and this is what his customers experienced.

I got the DQ in Feb and nothing so far :(

CR-1 for parents

May 7, 2014 - I-130 sent to Chicago, IL Lockbox

May 12, 2014 - Case recieved at Chicago, IL.

May 13, 2014 - Case accepted. Received LIN#. Case forwarded to USCIS, Nebraska. i-797 hard copy received shortly after.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jho369 said:

I got the DQ in Feb and nothing so far :(

CR-1 for parents

Parents of US Citizen are IR5, CR1 and IR1 are for spouse. I don't think the embassy is doing IR5 interview yet.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife told me that a bunch more were scheduled today.

The one she gave me as reference, was someone DQ May 15, interview Oct 1st... Looking like a snails pace. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since the last time she told me she saw a bunch scheduled..yet they are still scheduling May DQ. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Justin & Nhi said:

My wife told me that a bunch more were scheduled today.

The one she gave me as reference, was someone DQ May 15, interview Oct 1st... Looking like a snails pace. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since the last time she told me she saw a bunch scheduled..yet they are still scheduling May DQ. 

Thanks for the update!  At least the line is moving.  Please send more updates as you hear them  We don't hear a lot of updates on the VN forum.

Timeline

Well they are definitely interviewing a lot more CR/IR than normal since they aren't doing other visa classifications beyond some expedites.  July was 400 IR/CR interviews.  That compares to a pre-COVID average of around 200 per month.

Got some updates from my wife who is also a member of one of those Facebook groups.  Several other members reported that they received October interview dates and their DQ dates were in the second half of May.

One member reported she DQed on May 22 and has an interview on October 22.

My DQ was on June 18th so I'm concerned we won't get an interview until December, if it is taking them all of September to interview folks who DQed in the first half of May, and all of October to interview folks who DQed in the second half of May.

4 hours ago, CxP said:

Got some updates from my wife who is also a member of one of those Facebook groups.  Several other members reported that they received October interview dates and their DQ dates were in the second half of May.

One member reported she DQed on May 22 and has an interview on October 22.

My DQ was on June 18th so I'm concerned we won't get an interview until December, if it is taking them all of September to interview folks who DQed in the first half of May, and all of October to interview folks who DQed in the second half of May.

I was feeling pretty down about it yesterday as well. Very discouraging. I've been told as well, a May 26 DQ scheduled for October 27, and she said one June 1st was scheduled but didn't have a date. 

I flew back here November 30 2019 and haven't been able to see her since. I've had 2 trips booked and had to cancel due to restrictions. I've got a third tentatively booked for December 26-Jan 3, pending restrictions. I haven't used a single vacation day or day off this year. At this point I'm just hoping shes here by the beginning of December. Otherwise what to do? Can't roll them over. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As of today, we're also still waiting for our K1 interview to be scheduled in Ho Chi Minh City.

NOA2 in June and I called and obtained our NVC case # in August.

Tin - Natural-born U.S. Citizen, Male, Vietnamese descent

Nhi - Vietnamese Citizen, Female

Met in 2018 while Tin was on a 3 month family vacation in Vietnam.  Tin took another 3 month vacation to be with Nhi in 2019.

I-129F (K1) mailed in December 2019

NOA1 in January 2020

NOA2 in June 2020

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.