Stein

Who is at NVC and waiting for an appointment?

41 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Justin & Nhi said:

Just got our interview scheduled. DQ July 8. Scheduled October 8. Interview date set for Nov 16!!!

Congrats! My wife saw that someone got interview that DQed on July 8.  Maybe that was your wife's post lol.

Another interview with DQ on July 22.

We DQed on June 16, so I wonder why it skips around like this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
15 hours ago, Justin & Nhi said:

Just got our interview scheduled. DQ July 8. Scheduled October 8. Interview date set for Nov 16!!!

Congrats!  I'm DQ June 1 and haven't heard anything yet.  Maybe they have been reading VJ and know I'm going to cancel any interview beore mid-December! LOL

Edited by Stein

Timeline
On 10/8/2020 at 11:33 AM, Justin & Nhi said:

Congrats! been following along your timeline.

Does your case get transferred to Vietnam before receiving an interview schedule? Currently still waiting for interview date but case is still at NVC.  DQ July 23

48 minutes ago, xtooelite said:

Congrats! been following along your timeline.

Does your case get transferred to Vietnam before receiving an interview schedule? Currently still waiting for interview date but case is still at NVC.  DQ July 23

Thank you!

I personally received our email first, at about 2pm EST. She was sleeping. I checked CEAC afterward and it still said NVC. The next day it said it was transferred. But I’m not sure if other cases could be different.

Timeline

I just got the interview email for my wife but not for her daughter yet.  I so wish it would have been another month or two later.

DQ June 1

Interview November 2

This creates a big problem with a 14 year old daughter in school.  We planned on going after the school year.  Now we would at least have a chance to go mid-year to start school in January but that has it's own set of problems - mainly selling my house in US and buying another in the school district we want to be in that has a lot of Vietnamese and also ESL help for Vietnamese students.  I have emailed the school system to see what my options are to enroll her while I still don't technically live in the district but will be moving as soon as I can buy a house.  Maybe they will work with me, maybe they won't.  I guess I could get a short term furnished rental apartment in the district.  My house is about 20 minutes away from the school but in another county.

Based on what the school says we may still cancel the appointment and apply for a new appointment after January 1 to allow us to come June 1 with a little cushion.

Edited by Stein

Timeline

I know I posted earlier but we have since decided to go ahead with the interview on November 2 and move in March now.  It kind of sucks because our two year anniversary is April 28 but with a November 2 date and the medical before that I don't see how we can make the two year anniversary date so we will be CR1 and will have to adjust status.  We also won't finish the school year and go in June like I planned.  But, we are ready to go so we will go early, let her daughter go to the school in my town for the last two months (not worrying about grades - just practice her English) and then sell my house and buy another and move to Lincoln over the summer for the new school year.  We may have her do Grade 9 over since this year will kind of be a bust.  I'll let the Lincoln school decide that.  There are a lot of Vietnamese in Lincoln and they have a good ESL program for Vietnamese there.

• 9 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.