35 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2020 at 8:40 PM, HRQX said:

The form instructions do say to include passport-style photographs. I'll just note that for my first C9 EAD renewal (filed Dec. 2018 and approved Sep. 2019) I didn't include them and I had no issues. I recently filed my second C9 renewal (filed July 2020) without them and the lockbox accepted the filing and sent me the 2 receipt notices. In both experiences they sent me a "Biometric Reuse" notice: "U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has received your form and is currently processing your application, petition, or request. This notice informs you that USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for a biometrics appointment."

Below are examples of the optional cover letters:

Hi HRQX, I wanna ask a few questions regarding the EAD renewal. 
1. about how long you got the NOA from the USCIS after you sent the renewal?

2. in which way you sent your renewal? I’m asking since I sent mine actually more than a week ago via USPS priority express, it’s supposed to be sent 1-2 business days only, but it’s still not there. I called the USPS and they have no clues where my package is at, I’m so worried..In this case, should I just resend my renewal with FedEx with a cover letter explaining what happened with USPS and I can avoid duplicate filing?

Thank you so much for your help..!

Just got text confirmation that both applications (I-765/I-131) for combo renewal were received and accepted (28 days ago!). Unfortunately both case numbers are MSC, so I guess I won't be getting the fast electronic renewal. 

Anyone care to comment on why I didn't get IOE case numbers? 

On 8/1/2020 at 11:40 PM, HRQX said:

The form instructions do say to include passport-style photographs. I'll just note that for my first C9 EAD renewal (filed Dec. 2018 and approved Sep. 2019) I didn't include them and I had no issues. I recently filed my second C9 renewal (filed July 2020) without them and the lockbox accepted the filing and sent me the 2 receipt notices. In both experiences they sent me a "Biometric Reuse" notice: "U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has received your form and is currently processing your application, petition, or request. This notice informs you that USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for a biometrics appointment."

Below are examples of the optional cover letters:

Hey, is there any significance as to why it mentions filing AOS fter the date "July 29, 2007"?  Im about to file my renewal and jjst wondering why i need to add this specific date, or should i use the actual date i filed. 

6 minutes ago, markandoliv said:

Hey, is there any significance as to why it mentions filing AOS fter the date "July 29, 2007"?

That's the last time there was a major change to the fee schedule affecting "interim benefits": https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2007/05/30/E7-10371/adjustment-of-the-immigration-and-naturalization-benefit-application-and-petition-fee-schedule Interim benefits are the EAD and AP while I-485 remains pending.

Does anyone know why the worksheet is listed in the I-765 EAD renewal page?  Do we need to include that?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

On 10/6/2020 at 7:08 PM, HRQX said:

That's the last time there was a major change to the fee schedule affecting "interim benefits": https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2007/05/30/E7-10371/adjustment-of-the-immigration-and-naturalization-benefit-application-and-petition-fee-schedule Interim benefits are the EAD and AP while I-485 remains pending.

Thanks for the clarification! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here we are again with the AP application.. :D

music video question GIF

I am applying again for Advance Parole for emergency purposes only. Im not yet planning to go out of the country.. What should I put on Part 3. Processing Information: 1 Date of Intended Departture and 2. Expected lenght of trip??

And on EAD PART 2. 27. Eligibility category? will it be the same category?

Edited by kittyanne

Timeline
4 minutes ago, HRQX said:

"TBD"

Either handwrite it or use PDF editing software to use letters in that field.

"As needed"

No specific date or reason is needed for AP due to a pending AOS application.

Thank you How about on EAD PART 2. 27. Eligibility category? will it be the same category?

Timeline

Im a k1 visa holder, married to a US Citizen. I am renewing my EAD with pending I-485 status.

So is it (c)(9) or (a)(9) ??

I put (a)(9) when I applied for EAD with a pending I-485 also. and it is approved. 

K-1 Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) of U.S. Citizen or K-2 Dependent--(a)(6). File Form I-765 along with evidence of your admission (for example, copies of your Form I-94, passport, or other travel document) and your K visa. You are only authorized to work under this category during your 90 days in K-1 or K-2 status. You cannot renew this EAD. If you submit subsequent EAD applications, other than for replacement of a lost, stolen, or damaged card or a card that contains incorrect data, you must apply on a different basis. If you have a pending application for adjustment of status, you should file under category (c)(9). 2. K-3

Nonimmigrant Spouse of U.S. Citizen or K-4 Dependent--(a)(9). File Form I-765 along with evidence of your admission (for example, copies of your Form I-94, passport, or other travel document) and your K visa.

6 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

Im a k1 visa holder, married to a US Citizen. I am renewing my EAD with pending I-485 status.

So is it (c)(9) or (a)(9) ??

I put (a)(9) when I applied for EAD with a pending I-485 also. and it is approved. 

K-1 Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) of U.S. Citizen or K-2 Dependent--(a)(6). File Form I-765 along with evidence of your admission (for example, copies of your Form I-94, passport, or other travel document) and your K visa. You are only authorized to work under this category during your 90 days in K-1 or K-2 status. You cannot renew this EAD. If you submit subsequent EAD applications, other than for replacement of a lost, stolen, or damaged card or a card that contains incorrect data, you must apply on a different basis. If you have a pending application for adjustment of status, you should file under category (c)(9). 2. K-3

Nonimmigrant Spouse of U.S. Citizen or K-4 Dependent--(a)(9). File Form I-765 along with evidence of your admission (for example, copies of your Form I-94, passport, or other travel document) and your K visa.

Yours is (c)(9).

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.