Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
46 minutes ago, aishaTayyab said:

23 or 13?

It was 13 before but by the time I posted again someone with a 23rd July DQ date had posted that they have their interview on 29th july.

49 minutes ago, aishaTayyab said:

Where did you read that?

There's a facebook group where a lot of people post updates. "NVC Process Help"

July 1st, 2020 DQ just got an email for for my wife, interview is on july 1st 2021. 

questions

1. will she have to get a new police report? interview is in 8 days.

2. her address has changed since our DQ date, family moved to a bigger house. will that be an issue?

3. does she need original documents of the i864 affidavit of support or can print outs be ok? i submitted them from america back in 2020 of last year. i also used my 2019 tax returns, should i also send her my new 2020 tax returns to bring to interview? 

4. is it normal to get the interview letter just 8 days before? 

5. the email from NVC i received counts as the IL? can she print this out and bring to her medical exam?

2 minutes ago, alimian said:

July 1st, 2020 DQ just got an email for for my wife, interview is on july 1st 2021. 

questions

1. will she have to get a new police report? interview is in 8 days.

2. her address has changed since our DQ date, family moved to a bigger house. will that be an issue?

3. does she need original documents of the i864 affidavit of support or can print outs be ok? i submitted them from america back in 2020 of last year. i also used my 2019 tax returns, should i also send her my new 2020 tax returns to bring to interview? 

4. is it normal to get the interview letter just 8 days before? 

5. the email from NVC i received counts as the IL? can she print this out and bring to her medical exam?

1. Yes she will need a new police report. Apply for it as soon as when it’s morning time in Pakistan. Tell them you need it urgently because you have an interview on July 1st. If they give it to you then good. If you don’t have it and you tried everything then just take the old one and explain to them that you tried but couldn’t get it and I’m sure they will be ok with it since they gave you only 8 days. you could also offer to send it to them later in mail as soon as you receive it.

2. Address change shouldn’t be a problem. Since all communication is now online. They will only need your address where you want your passport sent with the visa. So you could give it to them at the time of the interview.

3. Idk what you mean by the original documents? I filled out everything online so I’ll just have to print those out. So I’m guessing print outs should be ok and those will technically be the originals?

4. nothing is happening normally these days. I guess it’s because they’re trying to rush through the c asked so they can get them done. Be thankful you got it and you’re about to be done and reunited Alhumdulilah! Just don’t waste a second and get right to work!

5. Idk what the email looks like but if it has your interview details and what to bring etc then I guess that’s the one you take to the medical people. I think it’s supposed to have some barcode that they scan? But idk I’m probably wrong about the barcode coz I haven’t received my IL yet and idk what it’s supposed to look like. Maybe someone whose got it will answer!

Goodluck!

Timeline
1 minute ago, aishaTayyab said:

1. Yes she will need a new police report. Apply for it as soon as when it’s morning time in Pakistan. Tell them you need it urgently because you have an interview on July 1st. If they give it to you then good. If you don’t have it and you tried everything then just take the old one and explain to them that you tried but couldn’t get it and I’m sure they will be ok with it since they gave you only 8 days. you could also offer to send it to them later in mail as soon as you receive it.

2. Address change shouldn’t be a problem. Since all communication is now online. They will only need your address where you want your passport sent with the visa. So you could give it to them at the time of the interview.

3. Idk what you mean by the original documents? I filled out everything online so I’ll just have to print those out. So I’m guessing print outs should be ok and those will technically be the originals?

4. nothing is happening normally these days. I guess it’s because they’re trying to rush through the c asked so they can get them done. Be thankful you got it and you’re about to be done and reunited Alhumdulilah! Just don’t waste a second and get right to work!

5. Idk what the email looks like but if it has your interview details and what to bring etc then I guess that’s the one you take to the medical people. I think it’s supposed to have some barcode that they scan? But idk I’m probably wrong about the barcode coz I haven’t received my IL yet and idk what it’s supposed to look like. Maybe someone whose got it will answer!

Goodluck!

Actually for Pakistan a police report is not required as it’s not officially recognized. You can refer to this link under Police, Court and Criminal Records https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ISL-Islamabad.html

Please check the official link from NVC for pre-interview checklist https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ISL-Islamabad.html

Hope this helps everyone. 

24 minutes ago, fqadri said:

Actually for Pakistan a police report is not required as it’s not officially recognized. You can refer to this link under Police, Court and Criminal Records https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ISL-Islamabad.html

Please check the official link from NVC for pre-interview checklist https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ISL-Islamabad.html

Hope this helps everyone. 

Oh yeah that’s true.. I forgot about that.. then why do they ask for it in the NVC stage..🤔

Timeline
8 minutes ago, aishaTayyab said:

Oh yeah that’s true.. I forgot about that.. then why do they ask for it in the NVC stage..🤔

It’s a standard reply so they don’t edit out the required documents. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, alimian said:

Thanks for the quick replies.

There is no barcode on my email. Also it says to bring a confirmation of the ds260, I don't remember doing a ds260.

Here is what a DS260 is https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/online-immigrant-visa-forms/ds-260-faqs.html 

This notice is to inform you that your case for an immigrant visa is documentarily complete at the National Visa Center (NVC) and has been since 05-Aug-2020.  NVC has received all of the fees, forms and documents required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview. Your petition is awaiting an interview appointment. At this time, no further action is required.  We appreciate your patience.

Your case will remain at NVC until an appointment is scheduled, at which time we will send it to the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.  We will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable) when an appointment is scheduled.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate tells NVC which dates they are holding interviews. NVC fills these appointments on a first-in, first-out basis and is unable to predict when an interview will be scheduled.

Visa interviews at many U.S. Embassies and Consulates have been delayed as result of the global COVID-19 outbreak.  For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulate's operating status, please visit their website at https://usembassy.gov.

The next communication you receive from NVC will be either a notice that your appointment is scheduled, or if an appointment is not scheduled within the next 60 days, we will send a notice confirming that your case is still in line for an interview.
Hi, I have received this email yesterday, any idea what this means or what is the pattern after getting this kind of Email for 60 days. I am F2A filer for my minor children.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.