pooj97

Beyond frustrated with Montreal

86 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, pooj97 said:

The Montreal consulate also posted on their Instagram today of one of their general consuls at the airport starting their assignment in Montreal. Hopefully this some good news indicating that at least SOME of their staff is going back and that they’re hiring

433818B9-F87D-4D45-9718-6D4D4CD7E482.jpeg

That’s great ! Hopefully they adequately staff themselves as soon as possible to restart routine visa services including K1s. 

Timeline

Canada is also letting foreign national hockey players into our city, but you know - priorities. 😒 im very bitter about this. especially because fiances are not exempt from travel restrictions. 

1 hour ago, sscanus said:

Our Congressman’s staffer connected with us today and noted that the issue is that much of the consulate’s staff was sent back to the US. They’re awaiting orders to come back - seems to be the case with many of the consulates.

Also confirmed that the border will not open mainly because Canada is not allowing them to reopen and will not open until there’s a drop in COVID cases in the US, which is not surprising. 

Im assuming they didn't give you an approximate date eh? Its so frustrating 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Alexag said:

Im assuming they didn't give you an approximate date eh? Its so frustrating 

Did not receive a date this time except from ‘they’re opening slowly’. Even during our last update, they were hoping to start in August but nothing was firm. 

Now the consulate staff is awaiting orders to return to

their respective consulates- I am guessing orders from

the consulate?

Hopefully with Canada lifting its restrictions with respect to diplomats and their families, MTL consulate is planning to staff itself appropriately as soon as possible. 

1 hour ago, sscanus said:

Did not receive a date this time except from ‘they’re opening slowly’. Even during our last update, they were hoping to start in August but nothing was firm. 

Now the consulate staff is awaiting orders to return to

their respective consulates- I am guessing orders from

the consulate?

Hopefully with Canada lifting its restrictions with respect to diplomats and their families, MTL consulate is planning to staff itself appropriately as soon as possible. 

It does seem the consular officers weren’t even in canada working on their respective consulates. I hope they come back in regards to Canada putting diplomats and their families in travel exemptions. 

I imagine we are all living a very stressful situation here. It's very hard to live with no idea of when this whole mess will be over. This is making me sick, somehow.

I tried to call them, there's no phone I can reach them.

I tried to write them, I got a very impersonal email, an automatic message. Did I deserver it?

I tried to just be patient, and wait. But I can't. I can't just ignore this situation when my heart aches. I never thought the distance would be this hard to deal with. 

Let's be honest,

We just need some idea of when this waiting will be over.

We just need to be close to the person/people we love.

We need shelter. 

It hurts to see my loved one in the other side of a video call, crying. I feel hopeless, because I can't do anything about it. I wish I could. 

These groups and forums help me, a little. I know that my pain is shared with other thousands of people, facing very identical situations. I find myself strong when I see that you guys are being strong.

I really hope this will be over for us soon. And we can actually be with our loved ones.

I really hope Montreal Consulate opens, and deals smartly with their backlogs.

I really hope that this situation make us stronger somehow.

I really hope there will be no scars at the end. At least not too many, because let's be honest, there's a lot of scars already.

I don't know if Montreal Consulate representatives actually check these forums, if they do:

I know there's a lot of pressure one you right now.

I know that the future is unpredictable at this point.

I also know that you can feel the pain these people (us) are feeling. 

Be light in the middle of this darkness and bring happiness to these people. Help them as you were helping your own family. 

You have this power, and you can use it to build great thing, and be of great help.

Timeline
8 hours ago, lizarb said:

It hurts to see my loved one in the other side of a video call, crying. I feel hopeless, because I can't do anything about it. I wish I could. 

I feel your pain on this one as I'm in the same boat.

I just wished they would post some kind of information.

They keep saying to keep checking that website for more information and they never post anything there.

4 hours ago, travusb said:

I feel your pain on this one as I'm in the same boat.

I just wished they would post some kind of information.

They keep saying to keep checking that website for more information and they never post anything there.

I agree.  The lack of information from Montreal is what's the most frustrating for everyone I think. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think we are all beyond frustrated:( got canceled back in March ( was so close to being with my husband,celebrated 4 yrs married ... apart :( ) I pray they just let us know something! 

Timeline
On 8/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, sscanus said:

Saw this on Twitter. Apparently MTL sent an auto response saying they have begun phased resumption of services and rest of the info is same old...21CA2FE5-4AAC-4DE4-A3E1-FF15BAD017EE.thumb.jpeg.48fb2da81f8af7e42e273f5785d59f5c.jpeg

Someone on the Canadian visa Facebook group mentioned that in this and all automated emails being sent from Montreal, now they include the phrase “in the coming weeks” if you see the last paragraph. This seems somewhat promising 

2 hours ago, pooj97 said:

Someone on the Canadian visa Facebook group mentioned that in this and all automated emails being sent from Montreal, now they include the phrase “in the coming weeks” if you see the last paragraph. This seems somewhat promising 

Do you have a screenshot of this automatic response? I saw only this screenshot, and it makes me wonder if this is an actual, real screenshot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.