bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I am on hold with the ACLU.......the lawyer is talking to the other staffers about the possiblilty of sueing the USCIS for breech of contract.........or prevention of my right to life and liberty and pursuit of happiness clause........They want me to write something up to them......It may go nowhere but what the he11.....

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am on hold with the ACLU.......the lawyer is talking to the other staffers about the possiblilty of sueing the USCIS for breech of contract.........or prevention of my right to life and liberty and pursuit of happiness clause........They want me to write something up to them......It may go nowhere but what the he11.....

How about personal injury???? Seems we're suffering a great deal of that...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone approved!! :dance:

Just started to look at the form I-134 Affadavit of Support that I will send to my fiance for the K1 interview. A few questions I was hoping you could help me with!

1. I will not have any problems meeting the income requirements, but I am a new teacher and have just started working full-time in August. Before that, I worked part-time while I went to school. Do you think this could potentially pose a problem at the interview - that I haven't been working too long? My income tax returns will only be those I filed while going to school. I do have some money in savings and stocks as well. My dad could co-sponsor but he is paranoid about putting all his info out there...

2. Do I need to send the originals, regular photocopies, or notarized copies of the statements from employer/bank, tax returns, and pay stubs?

3. Finally, just checking that it is ok to put "N/A" in the question that asks if I plan to make specific contributions to the immigrant? (I saw this on the example VJ form)

Thanks for all your help!

My K-1 Timeline!

05-2005 Steve and I met while I was studying abroad in Australia

2005-2007 Visits back and forth

06-29-2007 Proposal!!

07-09-2007 I-129F sent to VSC

07-11-2007 I-129F received by VSC

07-13-2007 NOA1

11-26-2007 NOA2 via USCIS website!!!

11-29-2007 Case sent to Sydney from NVC

11-30-2007 NOA2 hardcopy received

12-04-2007 Case received by consulate in Sydney

12-12-2007 Received Packet 3

01-02-2008 Sent Packet 3

01-15-2008 Received Packet 4

01-30-2008 Interview - approved!!!!!!

02-01-2008 Visa delivered!

02-18-2008 US Entry (JFK)

04-19-2008 WEDDING!!

pAZVm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
SWEET!!!!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!! ONE MORE!!! BILL I'M SURE YOUR APPROVAL IS COMING VERY SOON LIKE AMRSNOWANGEL AND LORA APPROVALS!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

What a way to start the month and I want an early birthday present!!! Come on VSC!!!

Has anyone gone ahead and filed the DHS Form 7001? They say to send this in if you are experiencing process delays that extend past what they promote.

Well I just got off the phone with "customer service and was told that I have to wait 17 more days before they will do a service request for me because they are process petitions from May 19 so mine is stll within there service time.....You see the 6 month on the website is the time frame they pull out of their ###*s when they feel like screwing with people's lives.....This little person reallt pissed me off today....so I asked her if Margaret #***** was lying to me on Friday or is she today....and get this she told me that the processing date could of backed up so if I could of filed on Friday then they could of processed it then but I was one day shy of 6 months but today my petition is within there processing time......but her is the kicker....If 17 days from now they are only processing say May 25 then I will have to wait 10 more days......so the 6 months is a joke......I hate them......

I got the same scripted bullshit information when I called last week. The idiot told me they were up to May 24th. Thats when I knew he was seriously just looking at something scripted. It isn't accurate as you know since people on here from July and August are approved.

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just started to look at the form I-134 Affadavit of Support that I will send to my fiance for the K1 interview. A few questions I was hoping you could help me with!

1. I will not have any problems meeting the income requirements, but I am a new teacher and have just started working full-time in August. Before that, I worked part-time while I went to school. Do you think this could potentially pose a problem at the interview - that I haven't been working too long? My income tax returns will only be those I filed while going to school. I do have some money in savings and stocks as well. My dad could co-sponsor but he is paranoid about putting all his info out there...

2. Do I need to send the originals, regular photocopies, or notarized copies of the statements from employer/bank, tax returns, and pay stubs?

3. Finally, just checking that it is ok to put "N/A" in the question that asks if I plan to make specific contributions to the immigrant? (I saw this on the example VJ form)

Hey, I saw that you PMed me but our wedding was on Saturday so we have been crazy busy, but now I am back to work!

1) I am under the impression that as long as you have a letter from your employer saying how much you make currently, you will be ok. Our interview in Sydney consisted of "what is your fiance's name" "where does she live". I was so worried about the affidavit but that was the least of our concerns looking back.

2) I sent original paystubs, but I got one notarized employer letter and one not notarized (two different employers). Tax returns, I just signed and printed off a copy online. The form from the bank takes about a week and they will try to charge you like $30 (bank of america) but I just got one that was $10 and was essentially the same thing. It's signed by someone at the bank and it's some generic form. Give yourself about 7 working days to get this.

3) For that part, I debated for a while on what to put. I ended up putting something like "I intend to support Jonathan as my fiance, then as my spouse, in whatever ways necessary"

Hope that helps. Message me if you have anymore questions!!

Ashley

Timeline

Well the ACLU is not my favorite organization but I feel discriminated against......I am thinking around the lines of that or due process or infringing on my rights as an American citizen being violated.....I am not the lawyer but they are taking down my information

Timeline

Well the ACLU is not my favorite organization but I feel discriminated against......I am thinking around the lines of that or due process or infringing on my rights as an American citizen being violated.....I am not the lawyer but they are taking down my information

I am willing to do this too if that helps at all.

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.21.08-Interview

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Timeline

I have a call in to an Immigration attorney who spent 12 years as an adjudications officer.... http://www.us-immigration-attorney.com/

Im waiting his call back

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey, I saw that you PMed me but our wedding was on Saturday so we have been crazy busy, but now I am back to work!

1) I am under the impression that as long as you have a letter from your employer saying how much you make currently, you will be ok. Our interview in Sydney consisted of "what is your fiance's name" "where does she live". I was so worried about the affidavit but that was the least of our concerns looking back.

2) I sent original paystubs, but I got one notarized employer letter and one not notarized (two different employers). Tax returns, I just signed and printed off a copy online. The form from the bank takes about a week and they will try to charge you like $30 (bank of america) but I just got one that was $10 and was essentially the same thing. It's signed by someone at the bank and it's some generic form. Give yourself about 7 working days to get this.

3) For that part, I debated for a while on what to put. I ended up putting something like "I intend to support Jonathan as my fiance, then as my spouse, in whatever ways necessary"

Ashley

Congratulations on your wedding!! :dance:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

If they want to do some kind of class action I will let you know.......Sometimes just the threat of the ACLU getting involved can help......the government is afraid of them

Timeline

I have a call in to an Immigration attorney who spent 12 years as an adjudications officer.... http://www.us-immigration-attorney.com/

Im waiting his call back

Good idea faith.....I really want to know what he/she has to say to you.......I am holding on here but only by a thread......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Ashley

Congratulations on your wedding!! :dance:

Thank you!! As slow as the process was going through it, it ALMOST seems like it flew by now, but looking at old emails, I remember the constant loneliness I went through. So I am proof on this website that it's possible to make it through the long process, and even though I am through the K-1 part I still have a looooooooooooooooong way to go with AOS. It's never ending, that's why I constantly read this thread for support! Good luck and p.s. congratulations to all the November/December approvals. I can't believe how many there have been! MAYBE they are back on track? :whistle:

Timeline

If they want to do some kind of class action I will let you know.......Sometimes just the threat of the ACLU getting involved can help......the government is afraid of them

Great. Count me in!

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.21.08-Interview

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Timeline

Im waiting his call back

Good idea faith.....I really want to know what he/she has to say to you.......I am holding on here but only by a thread......

I just spoke to Jim Webbs office....(Virginia Senator) HE says they are SWAMPED with ins issues...and I explained that the backlog isn't the issue WE are concerned with. Its the petitions that were filed in April, May and June that are not touched or completed....that is our concern. That we are promised to be worked first come and that isn't happening.....not if they are JUST getting to ours while July and Aug HAVE been worked already....I stated we paid for this service and I really sort of rambled. But asked WHAT is going to be done from a congressional view? We have no where to go...no one to help us. Our files sit and its impacting us as humans. It tears us apart. I asked what do we need to do to be heard. He said keep doing what we are doing...writing, calling....he said its getting attention..they are noticing it. I said great...but what can we do NOW. I said I wont be happy til Senator WEBB himself is on the phone with Vermont getting my petition moved. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: (like THAT would ever happen)

Timeline

Im waiting his call back

I just spoke to Jim Webbs office....(Virginia Senator) HE says they are SWAMPED with ins issues...and I explained that the backlog isn't the issue WE are concerned with. Its the petitions that were filed in April, May and June that are not touched or completed....that is our concern. That we are promised to be worked first come and that isn't happening.....not if they are JUST getting to ours while July and Aug HAVE been worked already....I stated we paid for this service and I really sort of rambled. But asked WHAT is going to be done from a congressional view? We have no where to go...no one to help us. Our files sit and its impacting us as humans. It tears us apart. I asked what do we need to do to be heard. He said keep doing what we are doing...writing, calling....he said its getting attention..they are noticing it. I said great...but what can we do NOW. I said I wont be happy til Senator WEBB himself is on the phone with Vermont getting my petition moved. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: (like THAT would ever happen)

So he basically said nothing then...

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.21.08-Interview

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.