bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations :thumbs:

US1.GIFPHI.GIF

5-09-07 Mailed I-129F

8-17-07 NOA2 email

8-23-07 NOA2 hard copy received

8-29-07 NVC letter received in the mail

9-24-07 Rec. Packet 4

10-22-07 Early medical

11-5-07 Interview APPROVED!!

11-16-07 Visa delivered

11-21-07 USA

AOS

9-22-08 Mailed

9-30-08 NOA hard copy received

10-6-08 Biometrics appointment notice received

10-14-08 Transfered to CSC

2-5-09 APPROVED

P1010126.jpg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

well i finally worked up the courage to do another call (i get nervous,

that i'll get bad news so...) after a franticly sad call from my fiance yesterday.

i did my best to work the system for even the tiniest morsel of information...

and she told me that someone has been looking at the case...so it's on

someone's desk somewhere.

then she came back with the scripty:

" you should receive some kind of notice within 60 days."

BUT WHATEVER! she didn't hesitate or act funny at any point

in the process so i am taking that ridiculously small detail to

mean nothing is wrong with the case and i will get approval soon.

i also figured out (you all already knew this i'm guessing) that ,

although they give you the line that they cannot check your status

on the RFE line, protocol says if you have done a change of

address they can then access your file to double check that,

if they are nice, also tell you if everything is alright.

4/17 NOA1 (VSC)

7/03 Touched (updated mailing address)

7/07 Touched (progress?)

7/31 NOA2

8/06 Left NVC for Prague (!!!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
well i finally worked up the courage to do another call (i get nervous,

that i'll get bad news so...) after a franticly sad call from my fiance yesterday.

i did my best to work the system for even the tiniest morsel of information...

and she told me that someone has been looking at the case...so it's on

someone's desk somewhere.

then she came back with the scripty:

" you should receive some kind of notice within 60 days."

BUT WHATEVER! she didn't hesitate or act funny at any point

in the process so i am taking that ridiculously small detail to

mean nothing is wrong with the case and i will get approval soon.

i also figured out (you all already knew this i'm guessing) that ,

although they give you the line that they cannot check your status

on the RFE line, protocol says if you have done a change of

address they can then access your file to double check that,

if they are nice, also tell you if everything is alright.

Yay!! I loved hearing that "nothing looks wrong" every time I called too. You should be getting yours soon, you and I filed so close together. :) I have my fingers crossed!

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS KENATE!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOO VCS............ I love to see movement. I was soo looking forward to seeing at least 5 approvals this week. In the past they seemed to process 50-60 a month...now it seems about half. Due to h-1 backlog??? Anyways, progress IS progress. Good luck to those still waiting....

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ha, bszoom42, everytime I see your name as the last person who replied to this thread I get so excited. I guess it's because you're the one always bringing the good news with your lists :P. I hope next time you update there are alot more NOA2's.

Good luck everyone! :thumbs:

5/11/2007 - Submitted I-129F

5/14/2007 - Packet Received by USCIS

5/21/2007 - Received NOA1

7/11/2007 - Ordered Police Certificate

8/16/2007 - Received Police Certificate

8/23/2007 - Received NOA2 Email Confirmation

8/30/2007 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

9/4/2007 - Received NVC Letter

9/10/2007 - Packet 3 Received

9/24/2007 - Packet 3 Returned

10/7/2007 - Medical Interview - London

11/6/2007 - Interview - PASSED!

11/13/2007 - Passport Returned

11/18/2007 - Coming Home for Good

11/19/2007 - Had trouble at the aiport...NOW coming home for good.

12/18/2007 - Applied for Social Security Card

12/27/2007 - Received Social Security Card

2/05/2008 - Getting Married!

2/18/2008 - Submitted AOS packet

2/26/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-I-765, and I-131

2/28/2008 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

3/12/2008 - Biometric Appointment

3/13/2008 - RFE for I-485

3/24/2008 - Submitted Evidence

5/2/2008 - I-485 Transfer Notice - sent to CA center

7/17/2008 - Received EAD

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes and I hope my name is on it :yes: 48 hours and counting till I leave for Cebu :dancing:

US1.GIFPHI.GIF

5-09-07 Mailed I-129F

8-17-07 NOA2 email

8-23-07 NOA2 hard copy received

8-29-07 NVC letter received in the mail

9-24-07 Rec. Packet 4

10-22-07 Early medical

11-5-07 Interview APPROVED!!

11-16-07 Visa delivered

11-21-07 USA

AOS

9-22-08 Mailed

9-30-08 NOA hard copy received

10-6-08 Biometrics appointment notice received

10-14-08 Transfered to CSC

2-5-09 APPROVED

P1010126.jpg

Timeline
Yes and I hope my name is on it :yes: 48 hours and counting till I leave for Cebu :dancing:

Good Luck. You are right in that time area they are processing in. I'd be dancing away to. GOOOOOOOOOO VCS. I was reallly hoping to see more approvals but..each day brings us one day closer to our loved ones.

Timeline
(bump)

So...any more news this week?

Looks meager this week.... :( I was really hoping VSC would pick up the pace a bit. Im sure many others were approved from there who aren't registered on VJ. Im just having a hard week. We haven't waited long....but the distance is harder right now. Good luck to everyone...and come one VCS.....show us what you are made of....

Timeline
(bump)

Looks meager this week.... :( I was really hoping VSC would pick up the pace a bit. Im sure many others were approved from there who aren't registered on VJ. Im just having a hard week. We haven't waited long....but the distance is harder right now. Good luck to everyone...and come one VCS.....show us what you are made of....

Yeah, I have to admit I'm curious what the actual numbers are too.

Timeline
(bump)

I do know I found an extensive explanation on the uscis website DETAILING the process of the petition at the service center...was very interesting reading. ALOT goes into each petition before we get approval. One thing I saw that MAY explain some delays is the name check in the BEGINNING of this process.....Some of the checks they do for just the noa2 can take up to 4 months!!! :blink:

Timeline
I do know I found an extensive explanation on the uscis website DETAILING the process of the petition at the service center...was very interesting reading. ALOT goes into each petition before we get approval. One thing I saw that MAY explain some delays is the name check in the BEGINNING of this process.....Some of the checks they do for just the noa2 can take up to 4 months!!! :blink:

Any chance you could find that link? I just want to read it but i'm pretty sure that name check is what happened to us, or at least that's pretty much what they told me.

amrssnowangel

Could you please provide a link to that explanation? :help:

Thanks!

(bump)

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.