Daria Parkinson

Guys, please advise!!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Is there any risk of writing an inquiry for the expedite to the NVC, not actually having any emergency reasons, but just using the language and touching words and describing all of the emotional struggle and situation as it is??? Can this letter turn them against us or make any worse???

I’ve prepared a heartfelt touching letter and ready to go on a risk, but am afraid a little bit just to lose it all. Can they even reject the visa at all??? What’s the worst case scenario???

P.S. We are not DQed yet!!!

Also I can attach my letter here, so you can read and evaluate.

19 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Is there any risk of writing an inquiry for the expedite to the NVC, not actually having any emergency reasons, but just using the language and touching words and describing all of the emotional struggle and situation as it is??? Can this letter turn them against us or make any worse???

I’ve prepared a heartfelt touching letter and ready to go on a risk, but am afraid a little bit just to lose it all. Can they even reject the visa at all??? What’s the worst case scenario???

To be honest, I don't think they'd reject you based on a letter but I also think it will have no effect. I'm sorry you feel this way. It took my husband and I two years to get through our visa process and it's extremely frustrating. We married in Nov 2017, filed in April 2018 and I moved in April 2020. We had delays outside of the visa process such as IRS tax filing.

Have you tried calling the NVC or sending on email via their contact page? They have replied to me around 3-4 weeks later.

Thank you

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Timeline
8 minutes ago, jennywhite421 said:

To be honest, I don't think they'd reject you based on a letter but I also think it will have no effect. I'm sorry you feel this way. It took my husband and I two years to get through our visa process and it's extremely frustrating. We married in Nov 2017, filed in April 2018 and I moved in April 2020. We had delays outside of the visa process such as IRS tax filing.

Have you tried calling the NVC or sending on email via their contact page? They have replied to me around 3-4 weeks later.

Thank you

I did write to them and received an answer, that our documents are being reviewed (we needed to resubmit the I-864 forms)

17 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

I did write to them and received an answer, that our documents are being reviewed (we needed to resubmit the I-864 forms)

I think it won't help to move it faster. Best of luck

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

not actually having any emergency reasons

1 hour ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Why

If you don't have any emergency reasons, the expedite will not be approved.  Everyone waiting has the same emotional strain.  Hang in there and try not to worry.  These are unusual times, more patience than ever before is necessary.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Timeline
1 minute ago, carmel34 said:

If you don't have any emergency reasons, the expedite will not be approved.  Everyone waiting has the same emotional strain.  Hang in there and try not to worry.  These are unusual times, more patience than ever before is necessary.  Good luck!

Sending such request won’t hurt though?

3 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Why

OK, so it's an opinion. All I can advise you call them and ask the question over the phone and see what the NVC thinks. Best of luck.

My friend, he kept calling and it still took 18 months start to finish for him to move to his wife. It's hard but unfortunately, unless there is a true emergency, it's very hard to get expedited.

wpid-1030ldr.gif

3 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Sending such request won’t hurt though?

Just think of all the time employees have to spend sifting thru non emergency requests and calls.  Wouldn't you prefer that time be used to look at and process an actual case?

At least you found out that you needed to resubmit the I-864 so it wasn't totally unproductive.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Just think of all the time employees have to spend sifting thru non emergency requests and calls.  Wouldn't you prefer that time be used to look at and process an actual case?

At least you found out that you needed to resubmit the I-864 so it wasn't totally unproductive.

Didn’t understand how the I-864 applies here. 🤷🏼‍♀️

2 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Didn’t understand how the I-864 applies here. 🤷🏼‍♀️

You did write to them and found out you needed to resubmit the I-864.  So it wasn't a complete waste of resources.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

You did write to them and found out you needed to resubmit the I-864.  So it wasn't a complete waste of resources.

Nope, you did not understand me correctly here. They literally sent us a notice about this “RFE” way before my letter.

And anyways. Won’t hurt to try, my opinion doesn’t change. ;) 

On 7/23/2020 at 10:54 AM, Daria Parkinson said:

dont listen to the nay sayers. there are plenty here . you should submit and see if it works. Have no expectations though and brace for it that it wont work. 

duh

13 hours ago, carmel34 said:

that is completely bogus. they approve expedite for any reason provided you can justify.

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.