CzechMate

Citizenship Interview and Oath Cermony in the same day

34 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, CzechMate said:

I was only allowed to go in because I am the one who prepared her application, but I was only allowed in to the waiting area. Our daughter in law was also with us and she had to wait in the car.

Remember to take you mask and a black pen.

All this is on your Interview letter from USCIS.

If you have to take 85 the whole way then leave early so you can arrive early and have a a bit of time to calm your nerves before you go in. ;)

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Undecided said:

I find that hard to believe to be honest.  Because not everyone has a drivers license. And of course if you are a non resident foreignnational you wouldn’t have a us license. 

It is recommended (from reading the welcome packet Adil got) that if you do not get a driving license (really not need in NYC, etc)   you should get the state photo ID that resembles driving license and is a good ID here for your US address /  passports do not list an address

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
On 7/20/2020 at 12:04 PM, CzechMate said:

Hi all,

My wife had her citizenship interview this morning at 10AM at the Greer, SC field office.  She passed her interview and civics and reading/writing tests with no problem.  When we started to leave they told us to hang out for a few more minutes. Another lady was just finishing up her interview.  About 10 minutes later they called my wife and this other lady back and the lady at the reception desk called me over and had me look back through the glass.  My wife and this other lady were taking their Oath.  While it certainly wasn't the big ceremonies you see on TV, I was just as proud.  Our long journey is finally over.

I sincerely have to Thank the mods and admins here on VisaJourney.  Honestly I don't know if I could have gotten us through this whole process from K-1 to Citizen without you folks.  God bless you all and may you keep doing what you do for a very long time.

My son drove down around 10AM this morning.  He interviewed with the same interviewer as my wife at 2PM.  He had the usual interview reading, writing and civics.  They went over his application to verify and clarify and that was it.  He passed the interview and took his citizenship oath 10 minutes later. Same as my wife, he left there with his Certificate of Naturalization and a little American flag.

I prepared his and my wife's paperwork to take with them.  I included:

Must have:

1) Interview Invitation Letter

2) Alien Registration Card (Green Card)

3) Passport

4) Medical Mask

5) Black Pen

Nice to have:

6) Copy of the Application

7) Drivers License

😎 Social Security Card

9) A copy of the foreign birth certificate and translation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.