silverbutterfly228

fiance completely clueless???

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So my fiance still hasn't receive the rfe in the mail and tomorrow it will be two weeks since they 'sent it' according to the email. So I tell my fiance to call them since it said if you haven't received it in two weeks call the national centre. I had to find the number for him to call and than i sent him an email reminding him that he needs our case number from the noa1 when he calls. He emails me backing saying 'what's a noa1 and where is a case number?' (he's the one from USA)

Anyone else's fiance completely hopeless on knowing this process and you have to do almost everthing?? I'm feeling alone and hopeless and want to know if anyone else is in the same boat with their other half?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

In our case, I am (non USC) is more comfortable doing paperwork because that is what I do at work. Hubby (the USC) involved when it has to be done from the US side. I still remember telling him same thing over and over and it can frustrating at times ... :lol: and it sometimes got interesting :lol:

But we managed and I am sure you will too ! Good luck and you are not alone

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Get your fiance onto this site and tell him to read, read, read. If he's serious about you, he'll do it.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just be patient with him. I guess women tend to get more nervous over these things. Luis is so calm and collected it amazes me. He did put everything in my hands though, although I have him write down everything and understand what´s going on.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
So my fiance still hasn't receive the rfe in the mail and tomorrow it will be two weeks since they 'sent it' according to the email. So I tell my fiance to call them since it said if you haven't received it in two weeks call the national centre. I had to find the number for him to call and than i sent him an email reminding him that he needs our case number from the noa1 when he calls. He emails me backing saying 'what's a noa1 and where is a case number?' (he's the one from USA)

Anyone else's fiance completely hopeless on knowing this process and you have to do almost everthing?? I'm feeling alone and hopeless and want to know if anyone else is in the same boat with their other half?

Im the USC and my baby who does not speak english much has a hard time. This was (at one time a long long time ago) new to me and I hate paperwork!! It sucks :angry: but if you want it someone has to do it. Of course he is the one that has to call since he is USC. One more thing just FYI, at this point it is called a receipt number and not a case number until you get to NOA2.

We wish you and your fiance good luck and soon you / him will both be experts at it. :thumbs:

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Other Timeline

LOL....I don't think your situation is all that uncommon. A lot of the posters here are the foreign fiance or spouse.

A little tour around VJ probably would do him some good though.

And calling the misinformation line will probably just frustrate him. I wonder if you can call or e-mail the service center that issued the RFE to tell them you haven't gotten it?

How long does it take for the paper RFE to get to one's hand? That might be the better question...

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Im the USC and my baby who does not speak english much has a hard time. This was (at one time a long long time ago) new to me and I hate paperwork!! It sucks :angry: but if you want it someone has to do it. Of course he is the one that has to call since he is USC. One more thing just FYI, at this point it is called a receipt number and not a case number until you get to NOA2.

We wish you and your fiance good luck and soon you / him will both be experts at it. :thumbs:

I could understand if someone didn't speak english since that's not their fault. but to me it's lazyness on my fiance's part and i'm at the breaking point. Thanks for the FYI on the case/receipt number. i'll tell him i made a mistake and its called receipt number since i'm clear on that now, but he'll still give me the same response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Why are you marrying this guy if you obviously have no respect for him? I seem to remember you complaining about him in another post somewhere to if I"m not mistaken.

How about being grateful to the fact that you're getting a visa to the US because of him??

I could understand if someone didn't speak english since that's not their fault. but to me it's lazyness on my fiance's part and i'm at the breaking point. Thanks for the FYI on the case/receipt number. i'll tell him i made a mistake and its called receipt number since i'm clear on that now, but he'll still give me the same response.

12/15/2005 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

12/17/2005 - VSC receives I-129F via express courier (day 1)

12/23/2005 - VSC officially sends out NOA1 stating receipt

01/05/2006 - Called the National Service Center and got NOA1 receipt number.

01/10/2006 - NOA2 received via USCIS website and email. VSC is blazingly fast! (day 22!)

01/20/2006 - Receive NOA2 via snail mail in Thailand

01/26/2006 - Bangkok Embassy confirms our case is in their system (day 38)

01/30/2006 - Dropped off checklist and doc's with embassy

01/31/2006 - Received email from embassy confirming our interview date 3/20/06! Woohoo! (day 43)

02/08/2006 - Received police report and packet 4

03/01/2006 - Medical Exam completed

03/20/2006 - Interview! (day 91)- SUCCESS!

03/21/2006 - Picked up VISA!

04/04/2006 - Fly to USA together to get officially married in US and to start our life there together!

04/07/2006 - Arrived at JFK, C received temp EAD stamp. Drove to MD to live!

04/20/2006 - Applied for SS Card in maiden name, received it 3 days later

05/12/2006 - Officially married in the US! (2nd ceremony)

05/15/2006 - US Reception

05/16/2006 - Applied for new SS card with married name - Applied for EAD

06/01/2006 - Applied for AOS I-485

10/27/2006 - EAD Approved!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
How about being grateful to the fact that you're getting a visa to the US because of him??

Uh oh.

Them's fighting words.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
In our case, I am (non USC) is more comfortable doing paperwork because that is what I do at work. Hubby (the USC) involved when it has to be done from the US side. I still remember telling him same thing over and over and it can frustrating at times ... :lol: and it sometimes got interesting :lol:

But we managed and I am sure you will too ! Good luck and you are not alone

Same here! :thumbs:

I do almost everything (he only had to have his visa photos taken, his birth certificate and copy of his passport, signing the forms and coming up with the $ for the the application).

I filed out all the forms, came up with proof of meeting, translations, nights reading and posting my doubts, and stressing over the process ;)

I chose to do everything because he's under treatment for his anxiety and immigration stuff would not help much :no: He always asks me if there's anything he can do but there really isn't.... I think I do a better job anyway! :lol:

Has it crossed your mind she's not after the visa??

If you get into a relationship thinking your SO can lack of several things you need and you want (like help when you can't handle something by yourself), because he gave you a visa, then I wish you a higher self steem... :thumbs:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

If you get into a relationship thinking your SO can lack of several things you need and you want (like help when you can't handle something by yourself), because he gave you a visa, then I wish you a higher self steem... :thumbs:

I agree.

But... there certainly ARE things that he SHOULD know about, such as NOAs!!! I think, in general, this whole process is a great test of a relationship.

They say there are three ways to get to know another person and find out if there is compatability: live, work and travel together. I think that saying should include the K1 Visa process. If you can do any of these sucessfully without a thermal meltdown of any kind, you are truly lucky! It sounds like you touched upon one of his idiosyncrasies that bothers you.

My advice: kick him in the ### (for motivation) and tell him how you feel.

November 2004--I'm on vacation in Italy and met Gabriela at a pizzeria in Venice...it was love at first sight!

2 Weeks Later 2004--changed my intinerary to go back to Venice and see this Romanian girl that I couldn't stop thinking about.

August 30--My sweetie's Birthday! I love you, doll!!!

September 9, 2005--I-129F sent to NSC.

September 15, 2005--NOA1!

October 24, 2005--NOA2!!

November 07, 2005--NVC letter received!!!

Early December 2005--K1 packet gets to the Consulate in Naples but somehow they forgot about notifying us in any way, and apparently replying to emails is just waaaay too strenuous for them...

January 11, 2006--After numerous failed attempts to contact them, Naples Consulate emails packet3.

January 2006--I contact my state senator's office.

March 20, 2006--Gabi has her medical exam in Naples...

March 21, 2006--Gabi has her interview...K1 VISA ISSUED!!!!!

April 18, 2006--I will fly to Europe to get my honey...and never, ever let her go!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I agree.

But... there certainly ARE things that he SHOULD know about, such as NOAs!!! I think, in general, this whole process is a great test of a relationship.

They say there are three ways to get to know another person and find out if there is compatability: live, work and travel together. I think that saying should include the K1 Visa process. If you can do any of these sucessfully without a thermal meltdown of any kind, you are truly lucky! It sounds like you touched upon one of his idiosyncrasies that bothers you.

My advice: kick him in the ### (for motivation) and tell him how you feel.

:thumbs: Agree with you too!

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Yup

Agree with you then send him an email with the details he needs so he has it in black and white and tell him to get on with it! There are two of you going through this process not just one and he needs to do his fair share.

Adele :luv:

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Oh I too will try to remember that..... :unsure:

This is one tough time for eveyone going through this process and the person moving to the US i feel will alwalys know more about it because they are the one changing there whole life.

I made a point of sitting down with my fiancee and both of us working through each step so she understands the process even if i knew i made sure that she showed an interest and she did!!

Don't get me wrong it was a test of both of our patience levels but in any relationship one person leads the other one follows. It all about finding who is the leader in certain situations but it still does not stop the fact of the person being able to understand.

If they Don't understand just how scary this is for the person moving it can be a struggle from the start.

Good luck

Event Date

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-01-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-01-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-03-28

Packet 4 Received : 2006-07-12

Interview Date : 2006-07-28

Date Visa Received : 2006-08-02

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.