RachelUK

Online Filing i-130 for Spouse from United Kingdom - Mailing Address & Contact Number

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I am compiling my i-130 application at the moment but had a few questions before I go ahead and submit.

I am filing from the United Kingdom and have put my UK address at both my mailing address and my physical address. Does my mailing address have to be based in the US or can it be at my UK address?

I'm filing online and trying to fill out my details which includes my phone number. I don't have a US phone number but the field only allows me to enter a phone number in the US phone number format (000) 000-0000. What should I do? Leave the field blank? I think that might be my only option.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Really don't want to get this wrong and create delays in the process!

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, RachelUK said:

Hi guys,

I am compiling my i-130 application at the moment but had a few questions before I go ahead and submit.

I am filing from the United Kingdom and have put my UK address at both my mailing address and my physical address. Does my mailing address have to be based in the US or can it be at my UK address?

I'm filing online and trying to fill out my details which includes my phone number. I don't have a US phone number but the field only allows me to enter a phone number in the US phone number format (000) 000-0000. What should I do? Leave the field blank? I think that might be my only option.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Really don't want to get this wrong and create delays in the process!

Thanks

You can use an mailing address you want.  Will the form allow you to enter the UK phone number if you leave out the +44?  This kind of issue is one reason, I still recommend filing by mail.  It allows you to print the completed form, then add anything you want by hand before signing and mailing.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 7/15/2020 at 12:37 AM, pushbrk said:

You can use an mailing address you want.  Will the form allow you to enter the UK phone number if you leave out the +44?  This kind of issue is one reason, I still recommend filing by mail.  It allows you to print the completed form, then add anything you want by hand before signing and mailing.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up using up UK mailing address and found an area of the online filing form to add additional information so I added my contact number to that :) 

On 7/17/2020 at 8:50 PM, RachelUK said:

Thanks for the reply. I ended up using up UK mailing address and found an area of the online filing form to add additional information so I added my contact number to that :) 

Did you leave the phone number blank? We're thinking of leaving it blank and just writing the info on the additional info field. Originally planned on putting a number like (999) 999 9999 but what if someone actually owns that number? My husband suggested putting his friend's phone number but that could be a burden on his friend. And it makes it more confusing. Since we have the capability of leaving it blank (unlike other fields which really require answers), I guess it's okay to leave it blank. Also, does anybody really get called on the phone? lol

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

On 7/24/2020 at 2:28 PM, angeljolie said:

Did you leave the phone number blank? We're thinking of leaving it blank and just writing the info on the additional info field. Originally planned on putting a number like (999) 999 9999 but what if someone actually owns that number? My husband suggested putting his friend's phone number but that could be a burden on his friend. And it makes it more confusing. Since we have the capability of leaving it blank (unlike other fields which really require answers), I guess it's okay to leave it blank. Also, does anybody really get called on the phone? lol

Yes we left the phone number blank and then wrote the UK number down in the additional info field. Not sure if that was the correct way of doing it but it seems like the other options weren't ideal either. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.