Omar2020

Need a help dv2020

22 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I believe the DV are currently banned under the presidents EO which would mean the visa cant be issued until the ban is lifted.

From the link below, you must receive your visa before September 30, 2020 or you lose it. At the moment that is seeming unlikely with the ban in place sorry to say

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry.html

Edited by designguy

42 minutes ago, Omar2020 said:

Hi hope Everyone is doing  well during this hard time 

I have a question 

Already had my Interview  and they approved  but they didn't  give me my passport yet 

I called them and they said it visa didn't  get print yet 

I'm afraid  that I won't get it 

What should i do

When was your interview?

Were you just verbally told you were approved in the interview, or did your CEAC status actually change to “issued”?

Added to the fact that a male from a MENA country is likely to spend a longer-than-usual time in AP. 

What does your CEAC status say online?

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

2 minutes ago, Omar2020 said:

My status now just ready not issued and my visa approved verbally in The Interview and my Interview was in Morocco 13 March 

Ok, so unfortunately your visa was not issued before the presidential proclamation and is now subject to the ban on DV issuance. You can either ask for your passport back if you need it, or you can leave it there in the hope that the AILA class action lawsuit successfully gets the ban suspended and the visa will be able to be issued. There’s not really much you can do other than hope. 

Not really anything to do. Unless/until the ban is lifted, they can't issue the visa (unless you fall under an exemption).

17 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Reported 

But all he did was tell a spammer to stop. :rofl:

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, KSADV said:

Im one of the plaintiff now Curtis case , even if i can get i-134 from sponsor in usa do I still have to show my bank statement with 10k $ ? Im single applicant 

“$10k in a bank account” is kind of a fallacy anyway, but show everything you have - you want as much evidence on your side as possible.  I134 would be very helpful. Good luck, hope you manage to get an interview and visa in time.

6 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

“$10k in a bank account” is kind of a fallacy anyway, but show everything you have - you want as much evidence on your side as possible.  I134 would be very helpful. Good luck, hope you manage to get an interview and visa in time.

Actually i have just 5k in my account now im think to deposit other 5k $ more but not sure if its wise to make this transactions now when we can have interview in some days so im arranging i-134 also . Do u recommend deposit some amount in my account could be helpfull too considering that hopefully i will get i-134 also 

42 minutes ago, KSADV said:

Actually i have just 5k in my account now im think to deposit other 5k $ more but not sure if its wise to make this transactions now when we can have interview in some days so im arranging i-134 also . Do u recommend deposit some amount in my account could be helpfull too considering that hopefully i will get i-134 also 

“Arranging” a deposit never helps, it just looks like you’re trying to trick them. Which basically you are. Get an i134. Remember you need a valid medical too. US embassies will be closed 7 Sept (Labor Day) so suggest you call as soon as they open Tuesday morning to try arrange the interview. 

11 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

“Arranging” a deposit never helps, it just looks like you’re trying to trick them. Which basically you are. Get an i134. Remember you need a valid medical too. US embassies will be closed 7 Sept (Labor Day) so suggest you call as soon as they open Tuesday morning to try arrange the interview. 

Yes my case is still in kcc i received documents confirmation email on 17 june . Already send email to well  i ask for i-134 to my uncle living in usa I’m single applicant and he ask me two questions .

1: how much income should sponsor have to sponsor an applicant

2: If one sponsor dont have enough income so is it possible that 2 sponsor,s combidly can provide me affidavit 

1 hour ago, KSADV said:

Yes my case is still in kcc i received documents confirmation email on 17 june . Already send email to well  i ask for i-134 to my uncle living in usa I’m single applicant and he ask me two questions .

1: how much income should sponsor have to sponsor an applicant

2: If one sponsor dont have enough income so is it possible that 2 sponsor,s combidly can provide me affidavit 

So you didn’t already have an interview scheduled/cancelled? Ok, well I guess your lawyer will help process things.

The income the sponsor needs depends on the size of his/her own household as well as the intending immigrant. The guideline is here https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p  technically i134 only needs to meet 100% of the guidelines but in practice for DV it’s been reported they like to see 125% (which is the i864 requirement). I guess you can have a co-sponsor but I’ve never really seen people talk about that for i134.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.