jollyswagman

kyiv embassy open?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/30/2020 at 9:17 AM, USUK8 said:

Welp, Ukraine extended the quarantine until October 31 and banned all travelers. Not good.

Yeah, foreigners are banned from entering until 28 Sept. Adaptive quarantine extended until 31 Oct. 

On 9/9/2020 at 2:28 PM, USUK8 said:

The Embassy updated their site,. It says they started to process K1&K2's on September 2nd. Awesome news. Hopefully in a few weeks they catch up to our case.

Yes, confirmed. My fiancee was called and asked if she was available on X date. She said yes and was instructed to show up. They are rescheduling all interviews that were cancelled in March and April and will work forward from there to clear the backlog before allowing the rest of K applicants to schedule their interviews via USTravelDocs site. Also, the Diversity Visa categories have been added to that workload recently as ordered by the courts. Hopefully it doesn't affect interviews already scheduled. Good luck to everyone, at least things are moving again.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Zaichik&Miska said:

Yeah, foreigners are banned from entering until 28 Sept. Adaptive quarantine extended until 31 Oct. 

Yes, confirmed. My fiancee was called and asked if she was available on X date. She said yes and was instructed to show up. They are rescheduling all interviews that were cancelled in March and April and will work forward from there to clear the backlog before allowing the rest of K applicants to schedule their interviews via USTravelDocs site. Also, the Diversity Visa categories have been added to that workload recently as ordered by the courts. Hopefully it doesn't affect interviews already scheduled. Good luck to everyone, at least things are moving again.

That's awesome, congratulations on the progress! We're still waiting to get a notification of some sort from NVC, we've been stuck there since March.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Fingers crossed for everyone who's waiting...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Did anyone have the k1 interview already or scheduled at end of this month? We have "ready" on our DS-160 since February, but still waiting..

Edited by qwer123we

Timeline
21 hours ago, qwer123we said:

Did anyone have the k1 interview already or scheduled at end of this month? We have "ready" on our DS-160 since February, but still waiting..

My fiancée had her K1 interview in Kyiv just a few days ago. Her original interview was scheduled in March but got cancelled due to embassy shutdown.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 9/21/2020 at 12:33 PM, USAUAinCZ said:

Wow if they are processing k1 visas I hope that means they will do cr1 as well. great news!

They have been processing CR1 since July 2020.

Timeline
On 9/20/2020 at 9:06 PM, Dmitry S said:

My fiancée had her K1 interview in Kyiv just a few days ago. Her original interview was scheduled in March but got cancelled due to embassy shutdown.

Thank you Dmitry S, that's a good news! People who had interview cancelled in April, please update us if your interview got reschedule again. We can help each other to figure out the backlog that embassy has processed on. 

Timeline

Interview was cancelled in March right after we did medical. Rescheduled to last Monday the 21st. She had to go to the embassy alone, I was not allowed to be with her (presumably because Ukraine was closed to foreigners and COVID precautions inside the embassy). She was interviewed by a nice lady and asked typical questions (Tell me about your fiance, how did you meet, what are your plans, etc.) and was approved after 15 minutes. Yesterday, the 24th, she received her passport and visa in the mail. 

Next step is to make plans to get her here asap! Hang in there everyone, things are starting to move again.

Timeline

Good news! I just scheduled the K1 interview on 10/20. My case was arrived to embassy and ready since March, but I didn't have the chance to schedule a date. Now I figure all of cancelled interviews are scheduled and embassy is beginning to process the backlog!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

That would be great news.  Congratulations!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.