Jay&Sid

Expedited request approved miraculously in same hour

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Praise be to God!

Yesterday I spoke to level-1 officer over phone and requested to connect with a level-2 supervisor. I explained her my situation in detail. She was very nice and booked a call back with level-2 supervisor. I received a call back from level-2 supervisor in next hour. She was very courteous. I explained to her my situation in detail. I told her that I have filed all petitions at the same time. My children’s cases has been approved but I cannot move forward due to my spouse’s case pending.

She said that she can’t do anything because every case is different and my spouse case is under normal processing time of VSC.  She told me that I have already been refused on my previous expedite request. Moreover, VSC just responded on my ONPT request that my spouse’s case is under normal processing time. She said that she can submit another expedite request if I want but there is no guarantee. I said please go ahead and submit.  She submitted my expedite request and gave me a reference no. I received an email after 30 minutes from VSC that my expedite request has been approved. Your case has been approved today. An approval notice is being mailed to you. This petition is being sent to NVC. Please direct future inquiries to NVC. The following are my I-130 journey timeline of all three cases. 

US citizen filled I-130 for spouse and two children

Nov-7             NOA-1 from TSC

Feb-23           2 case transferred to VSC and 1 case to CSC

Apr-4              First expedite request refused

Apr-24            K-3 received at VSC

May-4             First child’s approved after 180 days

May-13           RFE on second child’s case

Jun-20            RFE response received by USCIS

Jun-24            Second child’s case approved after 230 days

Jun-29            ONPT submitted

Jun-30            ONPT acknowledged

Jul-1                Received answer from VSC “Your case is within our current processing time”

July-7              Spoke to USCIS level-1 officer & level-2 supervisor

July-7              Expedite request submitted at USCIS on the basis of family unity and financial hardship

July-7              Expedite request acknowledgement email from VSC

July-7              Expedite request and case approval email from VSC 

There were only two date updates on my spouse case. Feb-23 and May-13 

I wish that all of us will hear good news soon. Best of luck!

It is a precanned response. Most of expedite requests receive same response, let’s imagine all requests got approval, everyone still wait in the same line.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.